PDA

View Full Version : Whip.

Huapingdrumm
09-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Just seeking a bit of advice for any of you who are using the swashdrive whip. I've been using rotary machines for a while now and while I love their performance, I find that for solid colour fill and black ...it still doesn't pack as well as a good coil. So far I've been using a Swiss which is a joy to use. I also had two neo tat machines which I just sold.

I purchased the whip in the hope that it will prove me wrong. I ordered it specifically set up with the hard clip as I assumed this would be a better set up for colour packing/black. Any advice on the differences between both clips?. I've also noticed that the second clip included is identical to the one already set up on the machine.

Thanks!

Zophod12
09-10-2011, 01:45 AM
There should be a small notch on the bottom side of the soft clip. I may be weird but I like the soft clip for packing color and solid work and pepper shading . The hard clip seems better suited for b and g and lining but they both work Just start halfway up on the clip and go to town You really got to just get jiggy with it and use it to get the feel of it

arnoldsantos1
09-12-2011, 06:10 PM
The clips look very similar, but like Zophod12 says, the softer clip is notched. I use the whip for 9 and 15 mags, color and b&g, around 10 volts, hard clip all the way forward. I like it.

Huapingdrumm
09-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Thanks arnoldsantos1. So are you using the hard clip for both b & g and solid colour?. How are you finding the hard clip for packing colour and black?. And how do you find the soft clip compared to the hard?. Cheers mate.

Inkslinger
09-12-2011, 09:25 PM
I use the hard clip for everything. I did not the soft clip as it seemed to have too much give and didn't seem to penetrate the skin on a consistent basis.
I run mine between 7.5 and 9 volts, depending on that I'm doing.
Hope this helps,
Russ

Huapingdrumm
09-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks Inkslinger, appreciate your input. I'm still on holidays, but will be back to work next week and am very anxious to use the 'whip'. So are you finding that you can get smooth black and grey as well with the hard clip?. What volts for both colour and b&g. I've tried the neo tat (both long and med stroke) and my Swiss for lining...but couldn't seem to get the right feel for it. I got the lines in, but seemed like a lot of effort. It didn't compare to my Seth liners.

Cheers,

Sean

P.s .... I can be found here also www.facebook.com/drummtattooing