PDA

View Full Version : Rose, done with the German Evolution Rotary :)

Denner
09-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Rose, done with the German Evolution Rotary, T-Tech cartridges, Kuro Sumi ink.

My first full tattoo done with the German Evolution Rotary, lining and shading.

T-Tech: 5RL and 9RM.
Kuro Sumi: Lining Black, Grey Wash and distilled water.
Eternal: White and distilled water.

I think it came out pretty nice and the German Evolution Rotary was a pleasure to work with for both the fat outline, the soft shading and the white highlights :cool:

Ps. Sorry for the so so picture, but you get the idea....

Mr.Taboo
09-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Looks good.

Bishopbyname
09-08-2011, 02:04 PM
I haven't used it much for colour and i haven't done any lining with it yet but as a shader it's probably my favourite and i've got 5 rotaries and 20 odd coil machines to compare it to. Super light, very quiet, really smooth and according to my customers, less painful too. Not bad for £135!

Denner
09-08-2011, 02:59 PM
@ Mr.Taboo
Thanks...

@ Bishopbyname
The lining went trouble free and with ease ( its only an outline of the tattoo, the rest is pure shading and white highlights ) I have no complaints there, and the customer had sat like a real trooper, she didn't even want a break when I asked her, and said that it was much less painful than the last time she got tattooed, I am guessing that she got tattooed with a coil machine the last time.....

Tiger Dan
09-08-2011, 03:01 PM
I love my little German monster. I think we need a group so her name can shine in gold like the others.

tatoo-kid
09-08-2011, 03:31 PM
How many volts you line with?

Deakon
09-09-2011, 02:45 AM
Very nice Denner! I line 3.7-4.0v with the evolution, sometimes a little lower for bold lining with a round shader.

Denner
09-09-2011, 02:51 AM
I lined the the rose at 3.5 volts on a Hurricane HP-2 power supply.

I would properly bump up the Volts if lining tougher parts of the body, to around 4 volts, I guess, but I am not sure yet , will have to figure it out as I go along :)

OwlsDen
10-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Nice solid work. I have been going back and forth on my first foray into the new generation of rotaries and I am thinking that the German evolution and maybe something direct drive will be my first two to test.

Deakon
10-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Go for it! *whistles*