peter clements
09-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Chinese crap.

The Limey
09-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Its a Chinese machine

Bishopbyname
09-11-2011, 01:36 PM
i concur, these are suitable if you want to dip your toe in to the world of rotaries, if you already know what it's like to use one, avoid.

wildboy
09-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Its a chinese (economy ^^) model it usually comes with a round tube vice screw instead of a t-nut if Im not mistaken...

Mr.Taboo
09-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Paperweight.

vonshaggy
09-12-2011, 10:58 PM
It was my first rotary. Bought it for 60 bucks. Just wanted to see if I like them. Love it. It runs very consistent,smooth,and quiet. I throw down some real decent black and grey for a crappy chines. Wanting to get a workhorse rotary. Unless there is any suggestion.

slicksteel
09-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Yea I believe a few other guys on here have them and have gotten good results with them. some say they run better then the stealths for half the price.I my shelf am not impressed by the workhorse ones I had some of the higher priced ST ones and i thought they sucked. Hey if your getting good work out of them china machines
no need to change what works!;)

Rattus
09-15-2011, 10:40 AM
If you get one of those...rewire it. A lot of those come with single strand wire that is brittle. Yeah, I got a model like that to test the waters after trying some other wannbe swiss..I liked this one over the fake-swiss. It's quiet, very light, as the one I got is a polymer body and a-bar. The best results I achieved so far, is with gray wash and color layering. Solid packing of color is a pain with this one...for me anyway. I'll probably mod it when I make some time.

vonshaggy
09-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Not sure about rewiring it. Saving for a better machine. Mine is also great for the black and grey work and color layering. Not the best for color packing like tribal. I leave that for my sharpz.

vonshaggy
09-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Can anyone sugest a good rotary that isn;t in the 5's (USD). around 3's or so. I know you cant go cheap and expect good. But dont want to go real high end at first.

Mr.Taboo
09-21-2011, 03:57 PM
You can get a Neotat for 'bout 300.oo, contact Ray .

gangstajay
09-21-2011, 05:28 PM
go with a good one out the gate.. you wil not regret it!!! neo tat, bishop or go with the rotary works around 166 lbs sterling. around 220 us dollars

vonshaggy
09-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Ya was tossing up the Bishop or Neo TAT. Was reading the comparisons on both. Thanx. Oh went on Neo TAT and saw there machines but there wasn't much of anything else on there. No price,info or anything. Least i know about what im spending now.

Mr.Taboo
09-22-2011, 11:08 AM
You can contact Ray from Neotat (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/member.php/32-rjdadio) through the forum.

slicksteel
09-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Ya was tossing up the Bishop or Neo TAT. Was reading the comparisons on both. Thanx. Oh went on Neo TAT and saw there machines but there wasn't much of anything else on there. No price,info or anything. Least i know about what im spending now.
Unimax has both models in stock.

Administrator
09-22-2011, 11:42 AM

They don't hold inventory at NEOTAT its usually the distributors who have stock. If you want to get one direct from them you are best to call.

Otherwise, Marc from needleJig has them in stock, Unimax and Eikon as well. I placed a big order for a a few friends a while back with neotat... (tattooers who still deal mostly cash and COD for ordering stuff needed to use my credit card) I placed the order, was told the order was in the cue and it would be about three weeks. Agreed to that and my order was billed when it was shipped to the shop within that time frame. The order desk person is very friendly! If you are patient and can wait, you can order direct but if you are in a hurry its best to check with the distributors. If you sent Ray a PM give him a little time to respond I know they are up to their eyeballs in work the last few weeks.

vonshaggy
09-30-2011, 11:40 AM
thanx man. Good to know. Will do.

opalus designs
10-06-2011, 05:33 AM
do you think a swiss motor will fit in that chinese knock off since its round? if so shit you can build a good machine for cheap

Administrator
10-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Swiss motor does not indicate if anything is a good motor for tattooing and putting something expensive in a shitty motor housing will not make it better.

opalus designs
10-07-2011, 07:10 AM
dont knock it till you try it its all in experimental fun people knock off each others machines for long ass time now yeah its a fuckin shame but everyone bitchs all day long "oh the chinese copied my shit but it aint gonna stop how many peeps got stealths? i do....i just dont agree with 3-700 dollar machines paying for a fucking name i dunno bout you but i like money and i dont like to give it away if i can mix and match and modify for 1/4 of the price while the machine operates the same why not...cheer up pussycat gimme a smile....shit chop cut rebuild is a lifestyle rat rods rat bikes same principle as i wanna do you negative nancy

vonshaggy
10-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Swiss motor does not indicate if anything is a good motor for tattooing and putting something expensive in a shitty motor housing will not make it better. Why is that? So yur saying that after replacing the motor and anything else it would just be a Swiss with a shitty case?

possessed2sk8
10-26-2011, 10:11 PM
there is just a lot more to a machine than the brand of motor and just because it looks the same doesn't mean geometry and other important factors are correct.

Administrator
10-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Why is that? So yur saying that after replacing the motor and anything else it would just be a Swiss with a shitty case?

Maxon, fauhlber or any of the other "small motor" manufacturers that are owned by a European company literally make a thousand different motors and at least a few dozen that have the same shell but are very different in operation the only consistent thing is that they all spin. sorting out the right motor to complement the unique drive system being used is what will make the biggest difference.

I can appreciate eagerness to tinker and to buy something cheap and modify it for fun, profit or just your own sceintific curiosity, but its kinda like buying a 25$ coil machine on ebay and installing a pair of $50 Ciferri coils and saying it runs like a dream!

Dan Kubin
10-27-2011, 07:21 PM
I have one of those..I bought it just out of curiosity. I don't like it for the way it tattoos...it runs like a swiss..but smoother and quieter..which is awesome, if you like the way those operate. the motor is a minute factor in how smooth the machine is. it's more in geometry and dimensional tolerances.

My armature rotaries are $300+, and I spend all day on them, and run them for a week to work out any kinks. How much do you charge on a tattoo that you spend a week toying with and then tattooing it all day?

some folks can respect that at least.. others are totally happy with the "Roleks" over the "Rolex" ya know?

vonshaggy
11-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Maxon, fauhlber or any of the other "small motor" manufacturers that are owned by a European company literally make a thousand different motors and at least a few dozen that have the same shell but are very different in operation the only consistent thing is that they all spin. sorting out the right motor to complement the unique drive system being used is what will make the biggest difference.

I can appreciate eagerness to tinker and to buy something cheap and modify it for fun, profit or just your own sceintific curiosity, but its kinda like buying a 25$ coil machine on ebay and installing a pair of $50 Ciferri coils and saying it runs like a dream!

Oh i totally agree. Crap is crap. I'm just trying to learn all the aspects of the rotary (the in's and out's) I would rather spend the money on a good machine than to buy a cheap one and mod it. Me being new to the rotary. I was just courious about the comment on swapping out parts between the good and the bad. I don't agree charging almost 600 USD for machines because of the name. Good is good and no taking that away but charging your first born for a michine is rediculous. Some of my best custom machines don't cost that much. Meh what are you gonna do though.
One of the guys i work with just bought a dragonfly and says its fantastic. He said he had a lil trouble packing in color but was smooth in shading. I so what one but there around 537 USD. That and a bishop would be great.