PDA

View Full Version : Stigma Hyper v2

crowman
09-12-2011, 01:20 PM
just added another rotary to the collection and hope anyone could throw a bit of light on it.....at first out of the box it looks great...tiny...hardly any weight to it compared to coils...i popped over to the shop and loaded it up with a 14rs....and fired it up..it was quiet..it started speeding up on its own.... it looked like the whole armature head was rotating, oscillating in a round motion..and jumping all over the place..it looked cheap...even though i payed £380 for it..just doesnt look right...looks like it will just fall off or fall to bits...i remembered thats what the 1st rotary i used did 10yrs ago it oscillated right down the needle bar to the tip....not giving a true up and down motion......pissed me off to be honest....it was covered in grease so i knew thats where you put it to stop the plastic wearing on the sharp machined edges...then i pulled the needle off the nipple and the whole rod came out....wow...what a load of shit or maybe im used to solid machines you can fix on the fly.....these are my 1st impressions...im going to persevere with it......but it looks like one damn good clean and it would be in bits...see what it tattoos like tomorrow .....................any thoughts..good or bad would be well appreciated

JohnnyChaos
09-12-2011, 01:26 PM
I've owned a couple of them and never had that happen. Was it new?

Sounds like the armature pin was loose as there isn't usually any oscillation to it.

As for the speeding up.. mine did that too to start with. Stigma told me that the swash plate is pretty tight to start with and that will stop once it's worn in properly. It took a while as I wasn't using it that much at the time, but it did eventually improve.

Shame it's not made a great first impression. They are very nice machines. Although I recently traded mine to get a dragonfly and wish I hadn't to be honest! lol

crowman
09-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah matey it is brand new......is the armature head (the plastic barrel with adjuster screw)...meant to move around when running? or is it meant to just go up and down?

it was a toss up between the dragonfly and the hyper...(same price)

Magnu
09-12-2011, 02:21 PM
The adjuster screw is only ment to move up and down . I would suggest going over it and ensuring that every screw is fully tightened and in good repair as it sounds like something is either loose or broken. Some pics will also be helpful in the diagnosis. Hope you manage to get it sorted as they are a very good machine when they are running right.

arte
09-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Hi Crowman this is Artemis from Stigma , there is no problem with your Hyper the adjusting screw turns around because it is connected to the swash-plate so this is circular movement is normal for this machine but you see the needle pin where you connect the needle goes straight up and down ,now about the needle pin that came out this may happen some times if the niple fits very tight on the needle pin then when you pull it out to remove the needle this may happen but then you just push it inside again , it is nothing broken, if you need any more clarification Stigma is here for you.
Thanks

crowman
09-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks guys....Artemis you put my mind at rest....big cheers......i get a little fired when things dont seem right..........i once threw a brand new time machine so hard it embeded into the floor within an hour of it being delivered....and threw a micky sharpz micro dial so hard it bent the frame and shot the coils in opposite directions

turnrock
09-13-2011, 01:55 AM
Jeesh!! see if you can throw that hyper hard enough that it lands in my mailbox

crowman
09-13-2011, 04:01 PM
used it today.......love it...im quite impressed...used it for a good 4 hours....it shades lovelly...with a 11mag..at 10 volts on a eikon 200..it got a bit noisy then quietened down again a few times but no difference in use....threw in shades with less effort than with a seth coil which was my usual coil for medium shades and had some super smooth shades with it with a RS...this is my third week ive not used any of my coils.......my side of the studio is nice and quiet......no chattering coils......i feel like i got the honeymoon suite...and over the other side they got the construction site......my only concern is i have the screw turned right the way out and worry its going to fall out....what happens if i wind it right out....maybe put some locktight on it... a warranty issue?.........im liking the rotarys...even after giving them no credit for years.

Dreviltattoo
09-13-2011, 04:58 PM
NO LOCKTIGHT! The more I use rotary machines the less "give" I use. I'm running dragonflies and never use the give. It's a lil bit of a learning curve, but U'll understand after working with them for a while. U press into the skin how hard u want the ink to go in. so it's more of a decision and deliberate choice rather than relying on the machine. I just got the new new neotat vivace short stroke which has no give and is great for soft black and grey. I've had 2 hyper v.2's that got stolen and absolutely loved them too. Keep it up and U'll never go back. I do use a fki powerliner coil, but still line with rotaries for the small intricate stuff. Have fun!

Bishopbyname
09-13-2011, 05:15 PM
NO LOCKTIGHT! The more I use rotary machines the less "give" I use. I'm running dragonflies and never use the give. It's a lil bit of a learning curve, but U'll understand after working with them for a while. U press into the skin how hard u want the ink to go in. so it's more of a decision and deliberate choice rather than relying on the machine. I just got the new new neotat vivace short stroke which has no give and is great for soft black and grey. I've had 2 hyper v.2's that got stolen and absolutely loved them too. Keep it up and U'll never go back. I do use a fki powerliner coil, but still line with rotaries for the small intricate stuff. Have fun!

Rotaryworks or Rapier 2s will powerline with ease. I love the Rotaryworks and they have no give. My default b&g machine is the German Evolution, again a no give machine. Once you get the feel i believe that these machines open up so many possibilites that coil machines just don't allow for. You'd need 5 coil machines to do the job of 2 rotaries.

JohnnyChaos
09-13-2011, 05:17 PM
careful with the screw. there is a little ball bearing underneath so if the screw comes out you might lose that and then be unable to tighten it up fully.

geddy
09-22-2011, 11:40 PM
I was weirded out by the armature pin at first as well just tighten the screw and no worries. I haven't put my hyper down since I got it three months ago.

crowman
09-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Im getting a lot of needle bounce with it recently needs 4 bands to keep it steady over 10 volts.......one thing that gets me....the "give" screw supposed to be wound out for a softer hit and vice versa for harder.....i find it the opposite

Assassin Rich
09-29-2011, 09:18 AM
I have the hyper and a dragonfly..I was a hawk user but switched.. I love the hyper for lining . It is the best liner for me. I just dont know where to oil these things.. I dont wanna mess em up.. I wrote stigma but no reply yet :(.. But amazing machines.

GuruJeph
09-29-2011, 03:20 PM
I have the hyper and a dragonfly..I was a hawk user but switched.. I love the hyper for lining . It is the best liner for me. I just dont know where to oil these things.. I dont wanna mess em up.. I wrote stigma but no reply yet :(.. But amazing machines.

says to shoot a little superlube on both sides of the moving armature housing every 30-50hrs of use

crowman
09-29-2011, 06:00 PM
im taking mine back to the supplies shop i bought it from on monday.......9.8 volts and its rattling around in the tip....thats with a mighty 1/4 inch band on there really tight....i like the machine for mag work but cant handle the needle lifting to the front of the tip everytime i switch machines running higher volts

Assassin Rich
09-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks guru

TattoosByRob
09-29-2011, 10:34 PM
For the hyper V2 you can add the lube where the white nylon set screws on either side of the pin assembly, for me anyway I undo the nylon screws add a small squirt of lube screw them back in.....They should be screwed in only enough to stabilize the the pin assembly, I usually have them loose then run the machine and slowly tighten em until it runs smooth and stable...........Hope this helps

crowman
09-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Just swapped it....the new one runs smoother and doesnt bounce......but the top screw rattles loose and needs its own elastic band....ho fkn ho

elbo
09-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Stigma!...run great for 3 to 6 months(if you are lucky)...hopefully there will be a hyper v3 that will last for a year?

elbo
09-30-2011, 02:13 PM
im taking mine back to the supplies shop i bought it from on monday.......9.8 volts and its rattling around in the tip....thats with a mighty 1/4 inch band on there really tight....i like the machine for mag work but cant handle the needle lifting to the front of the tip everytime i switch machines running higher volts

boodulum boom boom another one bites the dust,boodulum boom boom another one bites the dust!

Mike.p
10-13-2011, 04:15 PM
has anyone had a problem with the needle not retracting all the way? i just recived mine today and sometimes when i let off the power the A bar gets stuck in the down position and therefore the needle sticks out. i also to noticed that my dudy cycle, hz, and amps are bouncing all over the place when im runnin the machine. any help would be greatly appreciate!

Magnu
10-13-2011, 04:37 PM
I have noticed mine doing it on the odd occasion but don't find it a problem.