PDA

View Full Version : Aluminium Rotaryworks

Bishopbyname
09-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Ordered this yesterday from Dale, can't wait to use it. The Brass one i've got is my main liner now. Apparently it's an all rounder but it's that good at lining, i haven't done anything else with it!

chris-in-cali
09-12-2011, 02:34 PM
will just a regular two knob lab power supply work with it?

The Limey
09-12-2011, 02:49 PM
will just a regular two knob lab power supply work with it?

Sure will.

Bishopbyname
09-14-2011, 07:48 AM
Received it this morning, i'll get to use it tomorrow, it's the same great quality but loads lighter, can't wait! I can see this being a daily liner. :D

aurelien
01-01-2012, 08:00 AM
So your impressions ?

Bishopbyname
01-01-2012, 09:13 AM
To be honest now i've got my Treasure Chest, my Nedz and my Vivace, my 2 Rotaryworks are gathering dust. This is partially down to me switching over to RCA machines. Rotary machines are the same as coil machines in the sense that what suits one person might not suit another. I bought 5-6 machines before i settled on the ones i use daily now and i'll continue to buy more to try them out. A Stigma Bizzarre V2 is next on my list. :)

JohnnyChaos
01-01-2012, 11:07 AM
So which do you like out of those for lining now?

Bishopbyname
01-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Johnny: The Treasure Chest is a dedicated liner and performs well although i have to slow down a lot the lines are all single pass.

My Nedz medium stroke machine is the best machine i've ever used for anything! I know they don't suit everybody (no machine does) but after a little experimentation of voltage and spring gauges everything clicked into place so to speak and my work seemed so much more effortless i just had to concentrate on doing the best tattoos i was capable of. I lined, shaded then coloured a piece without even changing the voltage! I just changed needle configurations and needle hang. I've since seen the piece healed and it's turned out nice so far (it's a sleeve in progress). I look forward to buying more and seeing what i can achieve with these great versatile machines this year. :)

OwlsDen
01-01-2012, 02:37 PM
I have found that the treasure chest on medium stroke is a fantastic liner, it runs faster than on long stroke at the same voltage and has less vibration.

JohnnyChaos
01-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Johnny: The Treasure Chest is a dedicated liner and performs well although i have to slow down a lot the lines are all single pass.

My Nedz medium stroke machine is the best machine i've ever used for anything! I know they don't suit everybody (no machine does) but after a little experimentation of voltage and spring gauges everything clicked into place so to speak and my work seemed so much more effortless i just had to concentrate on doing the best tattoos i was capable of. I lined, shaded then coloured a piece without even changing the voltage! I just changed needle configurations and needle hang. I've since seen the piece healed and it's turned out nice so far (it's a sleeve in progress). I look forward to buying more and seeing what i can achieve with these great versatile machines this year. :)

Sounds good. Been looking at the Nedz machines tonight and like the sound of them. And it's a bonus that the builder is in the uk.