PDA

View Full Version : Bishop Rotary Motor

inkinwi
09-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Hi. I got a Bishop as a Fathers Day present. I ran it for 5 tattoos before it turned into a paper weight. First tattoo was lettering, I used it for 20 minutes before I switched to my coils, slowed me down to much. Next tattoo I used it for some color blending on a cover up sleeve. I ran it for an hour and loved the results. Next tattoo was a portrait in a larger piece im working on, I used it about 2 hours. The last two, one was a portrait one was more blending on an existing color piece, those two I had to switch to my coil machines because it got loud, then would slowly lose power. I tried emailing Bishop about the problem, got no reply, I posted on the Bishop blog, the post never got approved and I got no response, I called the phone number, left a voice mail, NO REPLY, I found this site searching for any help I could get to fix my $400 paper weight.

The machine, for the brief time it worked, ran beautiful, but I am very displeased with costumer service. I understand that they are probably busy with back orders, my machine was supposed to be to me in 2 weeks, then through a painfully slow exchange of emails, I finally found out they had no motors and were waiting for them. Then I was told the motors arrived and Id have my machine in a few days, a week later I asked where it was(2 or 3 times) they finally replied with the motors werent satisfactory so there will be a 6 week wait. Well, I got an email shortly after saying they recieved a bunch of motors and my machine was shipping out.

All I can think is maybe the motor I recieved was one of the poor quality ones they got (on accident) or maybe a portion of the new ones were good and bad, I don't know. I do know that I've repeatedly contacted them about my machine and get NO reply. Someone here please help me get this thing running the way it should. The machine will run for a VERY short period of time, then start losing power to the point it stops all together and is very warm. Sometimes it makes noise sometimes none. What could be the cause? I have under 5 hours of time on this thing, the slide has enough lube. Could the motor be faulty or is there a diode somewhere that may have blown and could cause the issue? If its the motor can someone recommend a good replacement and where I can find them?

Thanks

elbo
09-17-2011, 12:36 PM
The guys at bishop seem to be lacking in customer care!

tattoogene
09-17-2011, 01:10 PM
We took one of the Bishops apart to personalize,and the motor had MADE IN CHINA.......

Mr.Taboo
09-17-2011, 02:03 PM
Franco is a memeber here you could send him a PM : FRANCO-VESCOVI (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/member.php/221-FRANCO-VESCOVI)

The Limey
09-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Just a thought, have you tried it on a different power supply? Not all are created equal.

wildboy
09-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Seems like the customer service is a pain in the ass... Bummer... Everyone who has experienced how demanding tattooing can be somtimes just imagine how awful it must be to produce and get out a machine to the customer on top of tattooing in the beginning... Wouldnt wanna trade place with any builders if shit occurs you cant control like some parts not available and whatnot.

Long story short shoot Franco a pm hell help you figure out your problem Im sure.

hendricksonart.com
09-17-2011, 11:38 PM
any one know what size maxon motor will fit in a bishop in case i want to upgrade the motor?

Alie K
09-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Perhaps he is busy tattooing or at conventions? Hopefully he will be able to attend to this matter soon.

inkinwi
09-18-2011, 01:36 AM
The real kick in the teeth is The Bishop was one of 4 rotaries I was considering, the reason I chose them is on their website they sell you on the fact that they are an american company and their customer service is top notch. I had a bitter taste in my mouth from all the run around with the waiting on it to be made, and now that I finally got it and it crapped RIGHT out on me, I get no replies. Sorry to vent but for the price these machines are if something goes wrong and you advertise great customer service and such, you should do what you say. I own 3 shops and have 12 guys that work for me, they were waiting to see this thing in action, they just lost themselves 12 customers. Not to mention the countless friends I've had ask me about the machine when they found out I had it. Its kind of sad, and its real shitty (cuse the language) seeing my girl bought me this as a fathers day gift, and shes broke! As for the power supply question. I have tried it on Criticals, Eikons, and an apogee, all the same results. Funny thing is, today I took out that little 'give' spring, which is actually a return spring for the slide, and the machine ran for me, LOUD, but ran. I did a tattoo with it, it tattood alright, but loudly and lower voltage then was required, which leads me to believe that inside my machine if I look im sure its a shitty chinese motor instead of the quality japanese motor they claimed to be waiting on. I just want to know where I could find a replacement motor, swiss, japanese, high quality, and what specific one? Unless they plan on sending me the motor that belonged in this machine, I doubt they are going to be any help. PMin someone on a forum isnt going to work any better then calling them or countless emails.
I feel pretty ripped off, well, my girlfriend that barely makes $100 cutting hair was ripped off. That poor girl had to work a MONTH to give these guys money to make me happy, and it ended up nothing but a shit show, and me having a fancy rotary frame, a cam, a slide, a $400 paper weight, a heart broken girl because her gift ended up NOT being what I was expecting.

turnrock
09-18-2011, 02:45 AM
they guarantee all the parts for life so why would they put a crappy motor in it? doesnt add up at all.and how did you take out the stay up spring without looking in the machine? i agree they are slow but this is all a little over the top, your not getting ripped off there probaly busy or not around.

wildboy
09-18-2011, 04:03 AM
The real kick in the teeth is The Bishop was one of 4 rotaries I was considering, the reason I chose them is on their website they sell you on the fact that they are an american company and their customer service is top notch. I had a bitter taste in my mouth from all the run around with the waiting on it to be made, and now that I finally got it and it crapped RIGHT out on me, I get no replies. Sorry to vent but for the price these machines are if something goes wrong and you advertise great customer service and such, you should do what you say. I own 3 shops and have 12 guys that work for me, they were waiting to see this thing in action, they just lost themselves 12 customers. Not to mention the countless friends I've had ask me about the machine when they found out I had it. Its kind of sad, and its real shitty (cuse the language) seeing my girl bought me this as a fathers day gift, and shes broke! As for the power supply question. I have tried it on Criticals, Eikons, and an apogee, all the same results. Funny thing is, today I took out that little 'give' spring, which is actually a return spring for the slide, and the machine ran for me, LOUD, but ran. I did a tattoo with it, it tattood alright, but loudly and lower voltage then was required, which leads me to believe that inside my machine if I look im sure its a shitty chinese motor instead of the quality japanese motor they claimed to be waiting on. I just want to know where I could find a replacement motor, swiss, japanese, high quality, and what specific one? Unless they plan on sending me the motor that belonged in this machine, I doubt they are going to be any help. PMin someone on a forum isnt going to work any better then calling them or countless emails.
I feel pretty ripped off, well, my girlfriend that barely makes $100 cutting hair was ripped off. That poor girl had to work a MONTH to give these guys money to make me happy, and it ended up nothing but a shit show, and me having a fancy rotary frame, a cam, a slide, a $400 paper weight, a heart broken girl because her gift ended up NOT being what I was expecting.

Again try to shoot Franco a pm I did and he sorted my problem out after a couple of days... You wont get anywhere with all the unnecessary background story. You should be more considerate I guess you had some troubles yourself at some point in your carrer if you own 3 studios have 12 employees and such.

Ask yourself do you really think someone would build a machine youre invited to open and see whats inside and put in other things than promised? I dont think anyone would put his/her reputation on the line in a way like that.

The Limey
09-18-2011, 06:09 AM
I'm surprised Franco hasn't jumped on the forum and replied as he's usually pretty fast about sorting things like this out. That fact that he hasn't probably means he's on the road.

merky
09-18-2011, 07:33 AM
does anyone got a pic of the made in china motor?

FRANCO VESCOVI
09-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Seems like the customer service is a pain in the ass... Bummer... Everyone who has experienced how demanding tattooing can be somtimes just imagine how awful it must be to produce and get out a machine to the customer on top of tattooing in the beginning... Wouldnt wanna trade place with any builders if shit occurs you cant control like some parts not available and whatnot.

Long story short shoot Franco a pm hell help you figure out your problem Im sure.
Thank you Wildboy, you are right on the money!! I know he has experienced issues with running 3 shops and 12 artists. we all know it is impossible to run that amount of shops and deal with 12 artists without letting someone down at some point. If you read all the reviews on my machine you will see that 95% are great and I do appologize if anyone is unhappy. I haven't been on the forum lately as i have been traveling in europe tattooing and now back and getting caught up. Firs and foremost I want to appologize to Inkinwi about his experience with his machine and now that it has been brought to my attention, there is no way I will leave him unsatisfied. I will make sure his machine is replaced and I will etch the entire machine to make it custom. I will be posting something here in the next 10 minutes explaining what I have been dealing with here at the shop. " a business mans worst nightmare" I will promise to you all that his fathers day gift will not be in vain. I have way too much heart to ignore any type of issue!! Also Thank you Allie for bringing this post to my attention and once again I love this forums existence!! It is not my wish to ever ignore an issue, I just sometimes need it brought to my attention and I am only human and can only do so much. In my next life i will request to be omnipresent!

Administrator
09-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Thanks for following up Franco. If you have trouble connecting with Inkinwi let me know I will get you his email address.

FRANCO VESCOVI
09-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanx and yes can you pm me his email adress?

Inkslinger
09-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Top Notch as usual Franco.
Russ

tat2carson
03-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Did anyone find the maxon replacement motors. I have one that says made in malasia. Or did i get screwed and buy a chinese bishop copy. I didnt know they made copies of bishops.

OwlsDen
03-17-2012, 04:20 PM
The original bishops has a Mabuchi motor. They are made all over the world Japan, China, Thailand, Milaysia, etc.

biggboy
03-17-2012, 07:10 PM
The original bishops has a Mabuchi motor. They are made all over the world Japan, China, Thailand, Milaysia, etc.
not sure what kinda motor neotat vivace uses but it also says made in china.that doesnt mean its no good or anything..quality control.:cool:

OwlsDen
03-17-2012, 07:53 PM
They both use the same Mabuchi motor.

Administrator
03-18-2012, 07:01 PM
not sure what kinda motor neotat vivace uses but it also says made in china.that doesnt mean its no good or anything..quality control.:cool:
Since the earthquake you will be hardpressed to find much that is still made in Japan, especially maubuchi motors. They have factories all over the world including china that are their own.

jesoner79
03-18-2012, 07:19 PM
i found mabuchi motors the exact same ones that are in my neo tat and bought a bunch but they are real hard to find in large quantities but they are made in china but from the mabuchi factory

JoeyJimz
06-27-2012, 12:58 AM
Im having the same exact problem I'm So frustrated Everything this guy said is happening to me ..Ive left message after message and have got no call back. I have tried posting on their blog and got no response. My machine drops power anyone know what i can do? I called tatsoul and they refer me back to Bishop! I'm going in circles and am upset I've never spent so much money for something that is broken?

Administrator
06-27-2012, 01:02 AM
This may be the issue with your board that holds the connectors. Are you running clip cord or RCA?

biggboy
06-27-2012, 02:09 AM
Im having the same exact problem I'm So frustrated Everything this guy said is happening to me ..Ive left message after message and have got no call back. I have tried posting on their blog and got no response. My machine drops power anyone know what i can do? I called tatsoul and they refer me back to Bishop! I'm going in circles and am upset I've never spent so much money for something that is broken?get an upgrade,swiss motor,comes complete with new connectors..much better..

JoeyJimz
06-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Im running a clip cord unfortunately But i got a bishop capo So i thought it was already supposed to come with the upgraded motor? Man im so frustrated I cant believe im getting the run around like this after i spent 420$ seriously man i wana love this machine it has a awesome weight balance and feels good but the thing is a paper weight?? I would have expected this if i would have bought a knock off???

FRANCO VESCOVI
09-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Im running a clip cord unfortunately But i got a bishop capo So i thought it was already supposed to come with the upgraded motor? Man im so frustrated I cant believe im getting the run around like this after i spent 420$ seriously man i wana love this machine it has a awesome weight balance and feels good but the thing is a paper weight?? I would have expected this if i would have bought a knock off???

Sorry to hear the issue, You can imagine how busy life can get and I love this forum and I havent had a chance to really surf the forum to see these issues. Good news is I will fix your issue no doubt and I may have already, I dont know. So if you have contacted me thru the office then Im sure we are good, If you still have the issue please email me direct at [email protected] along with your phone number so I can fix your issue. Thank you

Assassin Rich
10-03-2012, 05:53 PM
hit up franco he is super busy but he is a solid dude. I had an issue with mine shiped with clips instead of rca. He told me to ship it back in and he would take care of it. It took several weeks of email tag to get in contact so just keep trying. Did you run it high or anything? I never had a performance issue a friend of mine uses them all day for every tattoo for about two years now.