PDA

View Full Version : Original Ink Jecta

elbo
09-20-2011, 03:29 AM
My inkjecta arrived yesterday(the original model) so i had about 3 hrs colouring and grey shading a sleeve with it,this machine feels really different to any of my other rotarys.One thing i did find is i cant hang so much needle as i normally like as it likes to catch skin unless its got a shallow needle hang(Is that because it has a very short stroke)...so i shallowed the 13 mag and away i went...i like this machine and it really puts the grey wash in smooth.I will try lining with it when i get the chance.

Anyone else use this older model?....and has anyone any info on which parts need to be oiled?(if any)....Although i only used it for a short session i found it rather nice to use.

tugg
09-20-2011, 03:52 AM
I don't know about the inkjecta but my treasure chest does the same on the shorter stroke but on medium stroke it hasn't snagged at all.

elbo
09-20-2011, 03:30 PM
If anyone else has a original ink jecta and can give me details of which parts to oil????...Im thinking of taking the front of the body off to have a look?

The Limey
09-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Shoot Byron (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/member.php/1095-inkjecta) a message mate he's a forum member

elbo
09-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Just done that mate....thanks...hopefully he will have some info for me :)

JCarlton
09-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Yes. The faceplate comes of easily, a little oil on the slide and your good to go. Fantastic machine!

elbo
09-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Yes. The faceplate comes of easily, a little oil on the slide and your good to go. Fantastic machine!

Thanks Josh...i was thinking along those lines but its nice to know for sure...Did they make these in different strokes or are they all the same,ive looked on the internet but cant find that much info on them!...

elbo
09-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Ive used this machine alot this week...its sooooo silent and packs colour in so saturated...but will still give you a nice soft edge if you speed up the hand...still not lined with it because i think it will snag if you try a traditional line...but i dont think it was designed for the traditional tattoo????...id love to try a long stroke version of this machine...ive emailed Byron from ink jecta but not recieved a reply as yet...i remember when this model came out...i would have maybe bought as few then but there was no info available...its a amazing machine that deserves a look from many tattooers but was let down by marketing/availability in the uk....i will be keeping this one as its a joy to use...man if you have one to part with PM me.

elbo
09-23-2011, 06:50 PM
ha ha theres so little talk about these on this forum....cant see why?.....

peter clements
09-23-2011, 07:33 PM
ha ha theres so little talk about these on this forum....cant see why?.....

Mark,I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned availability.I'd love to try the inkjecta specific but the Centri will be my next buy:)