PDA

View Full Version : Rotary Works dies after a minute...

wildboy
09-20-2011, 09:15 AM
Im not sure if the machines are broke or whats causing the problem I just bought 2 Rotary Works and hooked them up tried to run and lube them but they both get slower and almost stop after a couple of seconds... I made a vid Ill post tonight but maybe someone experienced the same?

elbo
09-20-2011, 10:18 AM
What power supply are you using???...some brands dont agree with all rotarys

wildboy
09-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Ive tried three different ones a Critical knockoff and another chinese made one... I know Im cheap... But the 3rd one seemes to do the trick now its an older also chinese made one but its working fine. I had trouble with the Super Lube though it slowed down the machine badly but after replacing it with vaseline the machine runs faster.

I bought the knockoff of the Critical for testing purposes which is lame Im aware of that but Im going to buy an original one when Im able to save the money for it. What kept me buying an original one was that I had 2 coil machines that slowed down after some minutes and stopped after the amp meter on the power supply went up right before that. I thought it might be the whole Critical thing because I read something about 2.3amp overload protection or something. Maybe someone could confirm that the CX-2 works fine with Rotary Works?

The Limey
09-20-2011, 12:34 PM
A Hurricane won't run them but a genuine CX-2 will mate.

Craig Lewis
09-20-2011, 02:01 PM
I know one of the guys I work with had that problem with a newer eikon power unit. Apparently if you send it back they can reconfigure it to support rotaries.

fatcashdaddy
09-20-2011, 03:04 PM
I had the same problem with my 6 volt rotaryworks on certain power supply's. you can contact dale and get a 12 volt motor from him. I did and mine now runs on any power supply with no problems

wildboy
09-21-2011, 03:03 AM
I had the same problem with my 6 volt rotaryworks on certain power supply's. you can contact dale and get a 12 volt motor from him. I did and mine now runs on any power supply with no problems

Thats an excellenct idea... I saw that the motors built in the Rotary works are easily available I can order them for a couple of bucks in Germany and give it a try

rotaryworks
09-21-2011, 07:00 AM
hi there the 12v you need is mfa /457re360 6-15 volts they will work on your knock off power sups because they are low amp motors .....

wildboy
09-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Awesome many thanks for sharing that information...