PDA

View Full Version : My Blitz Machine

Alie K
08-25-2010, 11:31 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l44vjbLzEs1qzl1wjo1_500.jpg

It's my first 'real' rotary. It's really well-made. Optimum volts for this machine are between 6-7.5. I've used it for color, shading and some linework. This is the aluminum model, with an RCA attachment. I really like it, and I'm considering the brass model.

clintonshane
09-06-2010, 10:50 PM
OH MY GOD IM SOOOOO GREEEEN> I cant get these i the U.S. until the 30th. You must be really special. TELL ME EVERYTHING!!!!

Alie K
09-07-2010, 12:02 AM
Hey, Clinton -
I had to wait a few months to get my machine, but I think it's worth it. I ordered mine directly from Blitz. John was supercool and really helpful. It seems much better suited for either coloring, or doing black and grey undershading instead of soft black and grey, as it hits a little hard.
I had no idea that tatsoul was distributing them now. Do they sell both styles (brass and aluminum)?

clintonshane
09-07-2010, 11:03 PM
As of September 30th they are going to have the aliminum, but thats it. Thanx for the info!

Alie K
09-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Well, the brass are REALLY nice as well. I don't own one of them (yet) but plan to soon! Blitz had to take the machines off of their site because they were so popular, but I had emailed John asking if I could pay him in advance and he agreed to make me whatever I wanted. If you were interested in the brass one (it's got a little more weight to it, but still is not as heavy as a coil machine) try emailing him if you want to go that route.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IHClkaOi-X0/SldzCyrl9MI/AAAAAAAAACk/vllqiet5PW0/s320/good1.jpg

clintonshane
09-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Boy, I like you already. You got "in's". That's always good.

Alie K
09-08-2010, 01:26 AM
Nah... I just keep bugging people until they finally give in! Also being at the right place at the right time with enough money in my papyal account helps too!

clintonshane
09-08-2010, 11:31 AM
I would definitely like to get his e mail. Can I drop your name?

Alie K
09-09-2010, 11:49 PM
Keep an eye open in your 'notifications'. I'm going to send you a private message there - I don't want spam-bots to pick up anyone's email or info from me posting it out in the open. I think John is more of a phone guy. He's usually really busy, so you'll probably have to leave a message (unless you catch him at a good time). He will call back in a matter of days at the longest though. He's a really nice guy.

Cthulhu73
04-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Just ordered one of these today. So Alie now thats in been a few months how do feel about the Blitz? The long stroke is what made me want one. Done much lining with it?

gravyray
04-08-2011, 08:34 AM
i had a blitz and sold it. i dont know really what i didnt like about that machine but i didnt. i would like to try one of those brass ones, im sure its nice.

hellwagon32
02-04-2012, 03:30 PM
I've had one of these, an aluminum, for a few months now. It really is a beast, a hard hitter! I like it best for lining but also works well to pack in color with large groupings.

arnoldsantos1
05-14-2012, 10:07 AM
I just recently purchased a Blitz rotary machine (about a month ago). It's my new favorite machine. 9 and 15 mags at around 7.8-8 volts. I prefer the Blitz over my Swashdrive gen 6, 7 and Whip.

asA
05-14-2012, 10:10 AM
The shagbuild d20 is super similar only you can get it in whatever color and finish you want. Both great machines.

Lado
09-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Just received the Blitz aluminium cos got tattooed by an artist that was using one. Very happy with it, hard hitter, in single pass packing colour solid in and have the feeling that it bogs down a bit when in contact with skin-great!. Ill be interested if anyone has both the d 20 and the Blitz and what the differences are...? I like the blitz cos is slow (gives you enough time go over a spot without too much trauma while packing thick ink) and has solid hit. I tried a lot well known rotaries out there but settled with swashdrive and Blitz. What bothered me about the most of the rotaries I tried that they are freaking fast for colour work (anyone got the feeling too?)....

slicksteel
09-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Try an original swiss made -you will like them to. slower like the blitz.