PDA

View Full Version : fake swashdrive

DavidEngbaek
11-29-2010, 02:57 PM
so in the mail today, i got a fake Swashdrive machine...
- i paid a whopping $16 Canadian funds, shipping included ( cam and many other places in North America are charging $125 and up
- it took almost 1 month for delivery
-i hooked it up to my Critical power supply, it ran very quiet and strong at about 6 volts
-fit and finish? it looks quite solid and well made,i did notice the gap on each side of the swash drive at the top is out...not perfect.
-at some point if i'm doing a tattoo, on a friend ,or a pain in the ass customer ,i'll give it a try.
-my honest thought, buy one at $16 ,if it craps,throw it at people.

jstewart
11-29-2010, 05:48 PM
i had a cheap one and i thought the throw on that one was too short for coloring.
needles kept dragging in the skin as i was shading....
j

Administrator
11-29-2010, 05:56 PM
How long do you figure the stroke is on the cheap one you picked up David?

DavidEngbaek
11-29-2010, 10:18 PM
if i measured it correctly, i measured 3mm. i weighed it with a crappy scale, 5.4 oz.
i have a guinea pig in the morning , maybe i'll give it try....i do wish it had an RCA set up, but i'm sure i could convert it myself.

gangstajay
11-29-2010, 11:12 PM
post a pic

OzCJ
11-30-2010, 06:52 AM
I have watched other artists in my shop use the chinese swashdrive which is a copy of the gen 1 machines, so i had to try one and I can tell you the chinese ones are total crap compared to my gen 6 and 7 machines. The balance and stroke don't seem right, its hard to explain but the real swashdrives just work better.

The Limey
11-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Got to agree with CJ, the one I tried was a band snapping, grommet destroying banshee.

DavidEngbaek
11-30-2010, 03:19 PM
i could see that. it just doesnt seem refined.....i'm sure it could have a place in the arsenal . i believe they call this machine the "jackhammer", not a well thought out name.

slicksteel
12-09-2010, 07:38 PM
I have bought 2 from chine a while back and they were knockoffs of copys! lol sold the worst one for 60 and made my money back.lol. I then talked to piercingpros and bought one from them and finally got the real jackhammer jr. that sells for 100 on worldwidetattoo i paid 40 total and had it in a week.The motor is made way better-weighs more and runs smoother and quieter with a long stroke.I would like to try the original jackhammer that is supposed to be handbuilt but at 200 it might not be worth it.If you look at the top boss and frame it is a little diff. I have heard the original gen1 n 2 swashdrive runs the same way and they sold for 400.I found out that if you use a full gromment type it will run better also.

CJ Harper
12-21-2010, 09:55 AM
i have one of the jackhammer machines and it works acceptable with a 5 or 7 mag but other than that its junk