PDA

View Full Version : Not digging the whip.

JCarlton
09-24-2011, 01:32 AM
Just picked up a whip a few days ago and I have found even with the hard clip set at its stiffest setting, is just to soft for me. Its funny because the more I use rotaries especially the fancier more expensive ones. the more I find I really just want direct strike. I have played with almost all of the machines on the market and the ones that are adjustable almost always end up on the hardest setting. I realize this all comes down to how the individual artist works, hand speed and what not, and my opinion really doesn't matter because its just that, mine. But I was curious to see if rotaries have brought out a cleaner more technical side of your tattooing as well? Like for instance sort of forcing you to learn how to put ink in the right way the first time. Don't get me wrong I can appreciate give in a machine but it has to have some punch behind it. The specific and centri are the first that come to mind as far as a nice strike that can back off a little but still deliver pigment and not just poke unnecessary holes.

hendricksonart.com
09-24-2011, 02:06 AM
hey josh what are you liking the most ive never tried any that have give, closest thing to give is a stealth that backs off a bit do to a weaker motor, which is great for black and grey

Bishopbyname
09-24-2011, 03:24 AM
I agree Josh, my favourite rotaries so far are ones without give. I love my Mike Metaxa direct drive machine, although it's not linear. A lot of artists have criticized the awkwardness of the German Evolution machine but the smoothness in my black and grey has increased since using it. I also love my Rotaryworks, again they're no give machines. I've heard artists state that rotaries cause more skin trauma but that's not what i've seen. I think the ink goes in more efficiently using a rotary so the tattoo gets done more efficiently which causes the customer less pain and for less time.

Tommy
09-24-2011, 03:32 AM
Im absolutely loving the whip. Matter of fact, its all I use now. I did use dragonflies and rapiers, but I just cant dig the spring-driven give.

I've never used any direct drivers.

JCarlton
09-24-2011, 03:53 AM
I have heard mostly good things about the whip. like I mentioned each artist has there own way of working. I am familiar with your work Tommy and its obviously working for you. I just felt like it was bouncing off the skin more than actually tattooing efficiently. I suppose I could get used to it and it would eventually change my hand speed and way of working. I will probably trade it for something with more punch.

otto
09-24-2011, 04:08 AM
I also own a whip and find it really nice for round shader needles.what i noticed that rotaryes with give are very round shader friendly,and when it comes to magnums i like just a small amount of give or no give at all

JCarlton
09-24-2011, 04:14 AM
Interesting Otto, I just started experimenting with round groupings such as a loose 7 or a loose 3. Very different for me but fast heals and incredible saturation. Maybe I will give the whip another try on something smaller than a 15 mag.

otto
09-24-2011, 04:44 AM
I don t know if you guys noticed that the whip,on the hard set of the clip it dosen t hit harder just the amount of give is not that big,actualy it felt smoother for me.on the soft set of the clip the machine has more punch..

slicksteel
09-24-2011, 11:51 AM
I would think that way to. As I have my coil colorpacker set like that,they have a long front slinder spring that has a nice bow to it. I would think the soft clip would flex the same at higher volts -whiping the head down wich would work better for popping the thicker colors in.We all know speed+distance something that is slung on a anchored point will get more of smooth stroke to it much like a shock assembly. I would thing the hard clip set in the middle would work good for large lining/ standard bng give shading and at the hardest setting for fast smaller liners and bng shading were you ride off the needle tip with the tube tip touching the skin.

slicksteel
09-24-2011, 12:00 PM
I also own a whip and find it really nice for round shader needles.what i noticed that rotaryes with give are very round shader friendly,and when it comes to magnums i like just a small amount of give or no give at all
I would think it works better with rounds as they require less pressure to push them in compared to a mag. most people use to much powerand not enough give with rounds and they chew up the skin.
I Love your work otto you truly are a master in tattoo technique and art composition.
Have you ever thought of makeing a dvd teaching your rotary technique I am sure it would sell well and help other artists.

otto
09-24-2011, 01:29 PM
I think you are right about the r.shaders michael,and about the video don t know,i consider that i still have a lot to learn in both areas, but hey , thanks for the nice words anyway.

Invertedpixel
09-27-2011, 09:36 PM
I like the no-give rotarys personally...I switched to rotary because i wanted a very consistent machine that didn't need tinkering with. I get exactly that with the neo-tat. I think once you start adding all of the extra features to control hit strength etc. you kind of go back to the whole tinkering approach to get the machine to match your tattooing...which may or may not reinforce any bad habits we've developed over time. The neo-tat has no adjustment other than the voltage on your power unit....this lets me forget about the machine and focus completely on actual technical application of the tattoo...this is a good thing to me...

Tcoe13
09-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Hey Joshua, have you used the "Hawk" yet? I've just recently purchased one and I could see you getting the feel for it really fast. Just a thought.

fkirons
09-27-2011, 09:49 PM
I like machines with no give too. In fact I wish the give wasn't a must these days! lol
You can always reverse the effect and use your skin as give, less hand pressure, more feel for the skin. I think where is when light rotaries come to play. The steadier the machine, the more feel you get for the skin.
This is a general comment not directed to you Josh, there is nothing I can teach you! :D

JCarlton
09-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Hey Joshua, have you used the "Hawk" yet? I've just recently purchased one and I could see you getting the feel for it really fast. Just a thought.
I have used it once and really like it, I have actually been thinking about trying it again. I take forever to set up. It would be nice to set up so quickly! I just remember the magnums being caught up on the tip guides, Hopefully they have fixed this.

Tcoe13
09-28-2011, 07:08 PM
I have used it once and really like it, I have actually been thinking about trying it again. I take forever to set up. It would be nice to set up so quickly! I just remember the magnums being caught up on the tip guides, Hopefully they have fixed this.

i haven't had that issue and i've been using the hell out of it, seems like that issue may have been resolved. i know the hawk people don't like this but I can tell you that the t-tech needle cartridges are pretty nice compared to the "cheyenne" brand. in some instances they're even better. For the price, the quality difference isn't really obvious at least not where it counts, needles have all looked precise and worked beautifully.
For what it's worth I highly recommend it. It really does cut down on set up time and it's so sweet to be able to have so many "machines" set up (via cartridges) without all the bulk and mess of multiple machines. feel like the cartridge system is the wave of the future, man it's sweet.
Ok, now i'm sounding like a salesman, i'm going to shut it now.

Zapp
09-28-2011, 07:29 PM
i haven't had that issue and i've been using the hell out of it, seems like that issue may have been resolved. i know the hawk people don't like this but I can tell you that the t-tech needle cartridges are pretty nice compared to the "cheyenne" brand. in some instances they're even better. For the price, the quality difference isn't really obvious at least not where it counts, needles have all looked precise and worked beautifully.
For what it's worth I highly recommend it. It really does cut down on set up time and it's so sweet to be able to have so many "machines" set up (via cartridges) without all the bulk and mess of multiple machines. feel like the cartridge system is the wave of the future, man it's sweet.
Ok, now i'm sounding like a salesman, i'm going to shut it now.

Exactly,since i switch to t-tech system i use almost only my Rotary Works ali machine !
It looks like my other machines will collect dust :-(

JCarlton
09-28-2011, 08:09 PM
I wonder if I used t tech in say a bishop machine if it run just like the hawk. seems logical.

The Limey
09-28-2011, 10:51 PM
I wonder if I used t tech in say a bishop machine if it run just like the hawk. seems logical.

Don't have a Bishop but the Neotat is pretty similar and you just need to up the voltage a little to compensate for the extra drag/friction caused by the T-Tech system...

Tcoe13
09-28-2011, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=JCarlton;16723]I wonder if I used t tech in say a bishop machine if it run just like the hawk. seems logical.[/QUOTEYou know it does seem like it would. I know the hawk people claim their motor is precisely geared and tuned to run a certain way. If that is true then there would/could be a difference. I'd bargain it's a heck of a slight difference though if at all. Hell it's worth a try, with t-tech you can't lose.

Tcoe13
09-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Exactly,since i switch to t-tech system i use almost only my Rotary Works ali machine !It looks like my other machines will collect dust :-(Amen to that brother! Man I love t-tech.

DiamondDave
09-28-2011, 11:51 PM
I have used Neos and Stealth with TTech.No real difference to the Hawk/Spirit.The Hawk is very light of course, so weight/balance issues are more of a factor.I prefer using the heavy ttech grips with red rat covers as it puts a nice weight right in your hand and against the skin.I find the hawk too light.As Limey says, you need to add a volt or two to compensate for the extra resistance of the ttech cartridges.The ttech imho is best with Direct Drives or hard hitters with no give (or very little).Given the Bishop is similar to the Neos, i would bet that it would be a great combo.

JCarlton
09-28-2011, 11:54 PM
Thanks guys, I think I will give it a shot. Why would there be more resistance with the ttech vs the hawk? same drive system isn't it? a plunger simply pushes the cartrage spring shaft.

Administrator
09-29-2011, 12:00 AM
Thanks guys, I think I will give it a shot. Why would there be more resistance with the ttech vs the hawk? same drive system isn't it? a plunger simply pushes the cartrage spring shaft.

http://unimaxsupply.com/tatmch/1hawkwarning.htm

O (http://unimaxsupply.com/tatmch/1hawkwarning.htm)nly posting this link because it shows the two systems dissected. This is in no way a dis to ttech or its users.

DiamondDave
09-29-2011, 12:27 AM
Thanks guys, I think I will give it a shot. Why would there be more resistance with the ttech vs the hawk? same drive system isn't it? a plunger simply pushes the cartrage spring shaft.if using ttech (or hawk cartridges) you will need more volts compared to running a standard needle.For example 9rl needle on a LS Neo i use around 9.5 volts.Ttech 9rl cartridge on LS Neo i use 11 volts.I have found that the hawk cartridges are "stiffer" and therefore need maybe an extra quarter volt compared to the ttech.I have also found that ttech liners are aligned better ( no side to side movement)How much of an issue is the non sealed ttechs?If you autoclave your grips/needle bars what is the problem.Ttech cartridges are sterilized.Cheyenne should stop scare mongering and reduce the prices of their cartridges.

JCarlton
09-29-2011, 12:54 AM
Yeah I am not concerned about the Hawk (Membrane) I would rather buy an actual grip I can autoclave. Thanks for the info Dave.

GuruJeph
09-29-2011, 04:30 PM
http://www.*******************/goods.php?id=446 they got cartridges 50 for about $30 lol wonder if they got the membrane can't imagine 1/5 of the price of the hawk being quality.

Administrator
09-29-2011, 04:51 PM
http://www.*******************/goods.php?id=446 they got cartridges 50 for about $30 lol wonder if they got the membrane can't imagine 1/5 of the price of the hawk being quality.

That company went as far as knocking off Eikon's website not just many of their products. Would be cautious of ordering those tips as they could be a big failure. The T-Tech can be argued that its a knock off of the Hawk system but it has at least proven its self. Loads of happy T-tech users on here.

Yeah I am not concerned about the Hawk (Membrane) I would rather buy an actual grip I can autoclave. Thanks for the info Dave.

T-Tech sells a complete system with a few diameters of steel grip and tail. I know a few artists personally that have switched to using steel T-Tech grips and still "soak-scrub-sonic-clave" the grip and tail. They all seem happy with it cutting the "soak-scrub-sonic-clave" time considerably.

if using ttech (or hawk cartridges) you will need more volts compared to running a standard needle.For example 9rl needle on a LS Neo i use around 9.5 volts.Ttech 9rl cartridge on LS Neo i use 11 volts.I have found that the hawk cartridges are "stiffer" and therefore need maybe an extra quarter volt compared to the ttech.I have also found that ttech liners are aligned better ( no side to side movement)How much of an issue is the non sealed ttechs?If you autoclave your grips/needle bars what is the problem.Ttech cartridges are sterilized.Cheyenne should stop scare mongering and reduce the prices of their cartridges.

On a side note there where reports of people having trouble with linear machines with the T-Tech system and needing to up the volts some to accommodate the added resistance of the rubber band in the ttech. The solution appears to have been addressed by Both NeoTat and Bishop, swapping for a softer spring (the little return spring under the glide) and also making sure your glide has been maintained and correctly lubricated. This may not be an issue for the whip but it may also mean you want to use a harder setting on the clips to accommodate.

GuruJeph
09-29-2011, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=Administrator;16793]That company went as far as knocking off Eikon's website not just many of their products. Would be cautious of ordering those tips as they could be a big failure. The T-Tech can be argued that its a knock off of the Hawk system but it has at least proven its self. Loads of happy T-tech users on here.

Fatcashdaddy got his Chinese hawk in and has pic of the Chinese needles for it. says they look top notch. hmmm
http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/2068-Got-a-chinese-hawk-in-today

hendricksonart.com
09-30-2011, 12:39 AM
I have a question for you guys. I have really wanted to try the t techs but my shop has gone all disposable and we have no autoclave any more. No piercings at my shop which I dig, just not my thing. Any ways do you guys feel that using the metal grips bagged and wiping with madacide between appointments is enough?

slicksteel
09-30-2011, 01:09 PM
You could use the gripcovers over them that unimax sells but the t-tech do not back seal like the hawks. So I would soak the grips in madacide over night at least.The health dept. in my area accepted that(Althoe I do have an autoclave I want to find a quicker way,if they become soiled then they must be autoclave etc.).So first a wipe down then a min. of a 8hour soak. in a clean container marked just for that(which also must be wiped down and kept clean at all times).Then then they have to be stored in a marked "madacide soaked" pouch & dated then stored in a clean container much like you would do with a autoclave setup.Also you must keep on file when/were the madacide was bought and also keep it clean(lid area etc.)and stored properly.

GuruJeph
09-30-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm sure before we know it the Chinese will be knocking off ttechs grips and making them disposable for $.20 each haha

hendricksonart.com
09-30-2011, 10:09 PM
uggg yeah Im just gonna not be able to use them, I dont feel like explaining to the health department why i have a metal grip and no autoclave, sucks

turnrock
10-01-2011, 02:08 AM
im sure someone will have disposable grips for these needle cartridges before you know it

Samyo
10-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Mate we have a handful of Super hard clips with no give just come off the production line ... we realize some folk just simply like a harder hit ... send me an e-mail and I will get you squared away with one to try ... [email protected] ... we will have them up to purchase soon .. but just road testing them with folks at the moment .... Let me know if you want to try it.

G.Graves
10-20-2011, 05:22 AM
Just sent an email to Samyo to get the super hard clip, and he sent an email back with in the hour:) he informed me that he would be happy to help. Could not be more stoked, can't wait to get the new clip:)

tattoo4satan
10-23-2011, 02:40 PM
since using my neo tats for almost evrything for a while. but recentlystarted using my coils again and loving it, and im 100% better with them now. i guess cause i had to learn new techniques to use my neotats. probally the techniques i should of beeen using all along

Dan Kubin
10-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Never used a whip, but I have found a happy medium on my armature rotaries with the whole dampening thing. I had gone real drastic on it at first, and have got it to a pretty stiff setup now. The way mine are dampened makes them able to push lines of any size with ease, (where is I could barely push anything with a stealth) I like them for whip shading as well, but the portrait guy in my shop is loving his for the soft blending stuff.. set at a 3mm stroke.
as far as solid packing, I tend to go for my direct drives.

Invertedpixel
10-23-2011, 08:10 PM
I got to run a piece with a pair of Swashdrive Whips...they're quiet as can be and they look all cool and science fiction-y , but I wanted to really see what they might be able to do for me.

holding the machine it felt solid, although i'm not a fan of polymer machine bods...some of the little bits up near the adjustment apparatus seemed a little flimsy ( I'm sure time will tell on that )

Lining: I had to turn up the machine to about 12v ( Monster point EMS 200 clone ). Kingpin tight 5 liner. it settles into the skin nice, and I can run lines much faster than my Neo Tat. I like the give for lining, even though even at the stiffest setting it was still a little too soft. Not really able to play with line weight on a first pass. In my opinion it still doesn't hold a candle to a good colied machine for lining though.

Coloring: After having a pretty positive experience with the whip as a liner I was pretty stoked to see what it could do as a color packer. Ran the machine at between 8-9v ( I'm constantly adjusting my voltage )
Used Mithra 13 Mag Bugpin needle. Ran a small spot nice a deliberate trying to let the machine do the work. Didn't like the saturation...Too much give once again..this time though it really interrupted my work flow...
I love blending color, I don't like to layer it so much as just mix color in the tube and pack color in a solid single pass...After much adjustment I just couldn't find a sweet spot. I was so disappointed in the way it puts the color in the skin, that I threw together my Neo Tat during a smoke break to finish the piece.

I bet it would have been the jam for some black and gray.

Now I've heard many glowing reviews of this machine, but I think if you like solid first pass saturation you may want to look elsewhere. I believe too much was put into the adjustable give slider bar mechanism, and it actually undermines the elegant simplicity of the rotary concept. Kinda turns me off to this whole generation of adjustable rotary machines...I'll stick with no-give systems

G.Graves
10-23-2011, 09:51 PM
I used the whip a few time now, and can tell that the machine likes to be set to 0 with the soft bar and med weight for packing in ink quick and easy!!!! When I slide the adjust bar forward it does not pack it in nearly as fast or as saturated. Same thing with the next stiffer spring, when set to 0 it hits pretty hard and gets it in good, then when I slide it up all the way (the stiffer setting) it hits softer. Very curious to see how the no give at all bar works, might need to see about getting a crank with a 4.0mm or something.

G.Graves
10-23-2011, 10:14 PM
When set to 0 and the soft bar on with a med weight, this machine is great for driving in white or black, just like a powerfull long stoke coil.

Dan Kubin
10-25-2011, 10:05 PM
different dampening systems yield different results. I'm sure the whole plastic dampening has something to do with it.
a minute bit of dampening can give great results.. too much can definitely be a detriment.

JCarlton
10-27-2011, 12:24 AM
Hey, all. Just wanted to post that Samyo, contacted me about this post and offered to send me a hard clip, I have already traded the machine but just wanted to let everyone know how helpful and professional he was. Thanks man.-J

Tattoo-Rat13
11-01-2011, 03:49 PM
i used the whip now for 2 weeks but still not liking it. lining is terrible and shading pffff if i use my darkest shading ink it still looks like it's soooooo light. what am i doing wrong or is it just not my machinetype............

aurelien
01-01-2012, 07:09 AM
I tried swashdrives but not this one. I also think that rotaries should be as simple as they could be, as i want to step away from the maintenance of coils.
And like others, the more give the machine has, the harder i try to run it, so not much point really.
In general I would say that when i first got my stigma hyper, I had to relearn how to saturate and all, slow down my hand movement quite drastically, adopt more a cross hatching motion than rubbing etc ... a whole new experience.
Then I switched back to coils, (i kept lining with) for the shadings, and all this time learning movements, motions, hand speed, stroke etc ... when translated to the coils worked like a charme.
It was like starting all over again, very exiting ! So i would say that rotaries definitely improved my tattooing even my tattooing with coils :)

SAACADELIC
01-10-2012, 08:47 PM
fuck give hammer that shit home

Neo
09-22-2012, 04:41 PM
since using my neo tats for almost evrything for a while. but recentlystarted using my coils again and loving it, and im 100% better with them now. i guess cause i had to learn new techniques to use my neotats. probally the techniques i should of beeen using all along

Same here, i might sell my rapiers, one of my whips a DF and a few more cause im going back to coils for now. I went back and its so much easier to get it in fast and i can make any machine do what i want very easily. I never had problems with coils but it was even better after using only rotarys for a while. I would advise buying some FKI AL machines as it will help with the weight factor on the wrist so the sound is the only problem left, tuning is not an issue to me at all cause i was taught to master the machine inside and out and i enjoy playing around with coils. A thick rubber grip takes some of the vib out also.

Also the whip can hit harder buy using the soft clip on 0 or hard on 0 and throwing the whip weights( they sell ) on the machine. I have the weights and they make a big difference on the hit. It wacks it in real nice that way and works better then just a hard bar IMO. I have not even tried the heavier weight yet but im sure that will be even harder. I have no problems packing with the whip or getting a solid hit but the stroke does get pretty long but thats not an issue to me. I do use smaller mags as it puts ink in much better then a 15 mag unless im looking for smooth shading on a big area which the whip can do anyway. I use 7-9 mags to put ink in fast and easily

Im suprised no one brought up the weights to solve carltons problem but i see this is a real old thread. I just wanted to help people out who may be reading this and having the same issue as carlton now days. Whip is a good machine and i like that if it drops there wont be a million parts all over the place like other rotarys, solid machine point blank.

Sorry to bump an old thread but users are reading this as i speak and i think its disrespectful to the builder if i dont chime in and bring people up to date since i use the machine. The machine hits hard with the weights and they can be bought as of today.

boaz
09-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Same here, i might sell my rapiers, one of my whips a DF and a few more cause im going back to coils for now. I went back and its so much easier to get it in fast and i can make any machine do what i want very easily. I never had problems with coils but it was even better after using only rotarys for a while. I would advise buying some FKI AL machines as it will help with the weight factor on the wrist so the sound is the only problem left, tuning is not an issue to me at all cause i was taught to master the machine inside and out and i enjoy playing around with coils. A thick rubber grip takes some of the vib out also.

Also the whip can hit harder buy using the soft clip on 0 or hard on 0 and throwing the whip weights( they sell ) on the machine. I have the weights and they make a big difference on the hit. It wacks it in real nice that way and works better then just a hard bar IMO. I have not even tried the heavier weight yet but im sure that will be even harder. I have no problems packing with the whip or getting a solid hit but the stroke does get pretty long but thats not an issue to me. I do use smaller mags as it puts ink in much better then a 15 mag unless im looking for smooth shading on a big area which the whip can do anyway. I use 7-9 mags to put ink in fast and easily

Im suprised no one brought up the weights to solve carltons problem but i see this is a real old thread. I just wanted to help people out who may be reading this and having the same issue as carlton now days. Whip is a good machine and i like that if it drops there wont be a million parts all over the place like other rotarys, solid machine point blank.

Sorry to bump an old thread but users are reading this as i speak and i think its disrespectful to the builder if i dont chime in and bring people up to date since i use the machine. The machine hits hard with the weights and they can be bought as of today.

bang on neo just seen this thread and was going to suggest the weights as the whip and modified stealth is all i use right now

Inkslingers
09-22-2012, 09:32 PM

Totally agree..I had gotten to the point where I rarely used any rounds for shading or even coloring small areas anymore, but the Spektra with a turn out on the give will drop in some serious pigment.

No Iron Machines
09-24-2012, 02:20 PM
SWASHDRIVE GEN 6 and 7 was some of the best ROTARY ever, everybody like and still ask for them
WHY THIS PEOPLE STOP PRODUCE AND MOVE TO SOME DIFFERENT WAY ????

Administrator
09-24-2012, 02:41 PM
SWASHDRIVE GEN 6 and 7 was some of the best ROTARY ever, everybody like and still ask for them
WHY THIS PEOPLE STOP PRODUCE AND MOVE TO SOME DIFFERENT WAY ????

Why do you you feel the need to type with your caps lock on?

why-bloc
10-29-2012, 07:38 PM
I traded my whip with my tattooist a while back because I was mistakenly trying to use it as an all-rounder and got frustrated with it. Now my tattooist is doing a large dot work piece up my arm covering many sessions, and she is using the Whip for the job. We discuss our machine choices often while she works, and some interesting things have come up. My artist is also a sound technician and uses her ears with the Whip to feel out her adjustments and techniques for the varying skin thickness and density from my underarm, outer arm, arm crook and wrist. Now I also listen closely when she works and have begun to hear all of the nuances in the machine as she works. She reckons that it makes the Whip one of the most sensitive and flexible machines ever made. I have since tried listening for these variations during my work with the Bizarre and NeoTat, two totally different machines...not a chance. The Bizarre, obviously, dances to its own tune and delivers what it is set to deliver without a lot of tonal subtlety, and the NeoTat is just steady. I love my Bizarres very dearly (and the NeoTat), but last session with my artist I started to miss the Swash and its soft bouncy purr. And the whole experience reminded me that it isn't so much how the machine runs that is important, but how we run the machines and how much we get into the experience of using them. I'm getting a Whip again, even if I won't be using it every day.

(Opted Out)
10-29-2012, 08:08 PM
The whip is awesome, soft clip sucks a bit really... But the hard clip rocks my balls off!!! Lining at 11.5v i can line as fast as i would with a cutback and it pushes from 5rl right up to 9rs for linework with no issues heals perfect unreal!!! It also shades and colours great too, it has give but just very little give, its not adjustable with the hard clip so get the same performance every time.... I had tried loads and i mean loads of rotarys for lining was about to give up.. Then the whip came along... Its so good, it does work for everything, but... I do use it exclusivley for lining.. The neotat 3.5 is my colour machine Of choice and the neotat2.5 or hawk spirit do my black and grey needs...

FRANCO VESCOVI
10-30-2012, 04:37 AM

Hey Joshua, how r u? need to send you the new ones soon. I have had quite a few customers use my machine with the T-Tech system as well as the new grips that Hawk sells that adapt to any machine and the feedback has been great. I have the next size up in motors which is the 22mm diameter where as the hawk uses the 17mm diameter. The 22mm motor has a stronger torque rating as well as a tougher stall torque so it will push bigger mags more effortlessly. If you do use the bishop for this set up, you have to remove the spring because the rubber in the needle cartridges act as a spring and using both will put wear on the motor and also cause you to have to turn up the voltage.

Nedz
10-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Would you like to try one of my Nedz MR01 they are super hard I can sed you one for free it you dont like just return it.

Deakon
10-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Would you like to try one of my Nedz MR01 they are super hard I can sed you one for free it you dont like just return it.
I said that and never got mine back!

artoftatt2
10-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Must be nice that Sanyo contacted you.. I've emailed him multiple times to get a replacement motor for my gen 6 and never a response...

vodu
10-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Must be nice that Sanyo contacted you.. I've emailed him multiple times to get a replacement motor for my gen 6 and never a response...
did you tried the facebook? i guess itīs easier there...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/160190210717434/

artoftatt2
10-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Tried their too.. He has lost my business

hellraiser6662
10-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Yep I'm waiting on a g7 replacement motor and I know of someone else whos waited 4 months to get a g7 motor replaced and no luck. It's to do with the extended shaft on the motor being machined up or I take a big hammer knock the extended shaft of the knackered motor then fit it on a new motor. I use my whip all the time once my g7 went down I had no choice. But mine has the short stroke and the super hard clip with no give and it trans forms the whip to a very useable machine. Just shame about my g7 though

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

artoftatt2
10-30-2012, 06:25 PM
I just wish everyone would see the customer service they have and spend their money with someone who cares..

artoftatt2
10-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Which is deff not Sanyo

hellraiser6662
10-30-2012, 06:42 PM
I did speak on facebook to him and he sead over the last month hes moved house so hes a little behind with stuff, but yea it just seems that it's just excuses. Shame as I loved my g7 now it's worth shit with out a motor

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Jmanjrz
01-08-2013, 12:22 AM
I am new to rotaries.This forum has helped me out big time.Specially the suggestions on the whip settings for lining. I tried the hard clip in the mid postion, and it was perfect for a 7 liner. hardest settings worked great for a tight 3. Thank you Otto and slicksteel.

Venom207
01-17-2013, 11:15 AM
Always wanted to try the whip for black and gray. Seems the softness I hear about would be beneficial.

joelhague
01-17-2013, 02:48 PM
It is awesome for black and grey it allows me to move my hand very fast and the whip keeps up no problem even on lower volts a lot of people say the stigmas are the softest hitting machines . I think its the whip and honestly the closest thing to a coil expereience I have had out of a rotary