PDA

View Full Version : Spektra "Halo" is here!

fkirons
09-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Finally the hard work of two years paid off. Still little tweaks here and there.
But we are at 1.5 month to launch the product. Preorders will take place in about 3 weeks.
I'm almost in tears...lol

A bunch of pictures on facebook http://www.facebook.com/spektrarotary

Cyberitual
09-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Hey Congrats man, The machine looks clean and smooth!

Zapp
09-24-2011, 11:04 PM
I hope these are not the final skrews !? The machine is designed without any edge for easy cleaning and then you have all the riffle in the skrews !!!!

fkirons
09-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Hahaha no man lol I just put what I had in hand the screws will be Hex shinny and made out of stainless steel. Smaller too.
I just couldn't wait any longer to put it together.

Zapp
09-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Puuuuhh,nice to hear !!!!
I was shocked for a second :-)

Cyberitual
09-24-2011, 11:25 PM
I was gonna ask about those too, they looked plastic. But i figured those were not the end product since you said there are still a few tweaks here and there. So how is it, is it running like you wanted?

JCarlton
09-24-2011, 11:42 PM
Yes Yes yes!

Inkslinger
09-25-2011, 01:29 AM
AMAZING!! Can't wait to try this one!!
Truly a spirited work of art.
Russ

fkirons
09-25-2011, 02:32 AM
It runs really nice and smooth, super silent! I was in tears at one point today.... We tweaked that slider several times. The finish of the slider will be even better with the new mold tweak. What a pain in the ass that mold and everything that relates to injection molding but it was necessary due to the complex shape of the slider which it houses the stainless steel piston. The slider also has a design that distributes lubrication as the machine runs.
We are making last adjustments to the motor cap. I am trying a clip in system to compare if I like the thread system or clip. And of course every little thing delays things even more but we are really close to have this finalized. You can say that you can put this machine in your christmas wish list. :) thanks for the greetings, this project means a lot to me and has cost me an arm, a leg and one nut. :D

fkirons
09-25-2011, 02:38 AM
I was gonna ask about those too, they looked plastic. But i figured those were not the end product since you said there are still a few tweaks here and there. So how is it, is it running like you wanted?
wait what screws? you mean the thumbnuts? If so those are pretty much it and they are made out of aluminum and then anodized in black. I;m considering leaving them raw aluminum. They are really comfortable to operate. The only plastic thing in this machine is the slider, the rest of hardware is 7075 (aside from the stainless steel armature pin and piston).

gangstajay
09-25-2011, 02:45 AM
good for you FK irons ..glad to see it making it's way to the surface

fkirons
09-25-2011, 03:24 AM
almost out of the water!

Alie K
09-25-2011, 03:45 AM
Cool!

otto
09-25-2011, 05:22 AM
beautiful machine,and i think is a small one too

frankenstyle
09-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Whats your price point going to be if you don't mind me asking?

Zapp
09-25-2011, 11:55 AM
wait what screws? you mean the thumbnuts? If so those are pretty much it and they are made out of aluminum and then anodized in black. I;m considering leaving them raw aluminum. They are really comfortable to operate. The only plastic thing in this machine is the slider, the rest of hardware is 7075 (aside from the stainless steel armature pin and piston).
I mean the thumbnuts ! You can autoclave the machine but in the thumbnuts you have the riffles what is for easy cleaning not a good idea ! Why you not make them smooth ? With gloves it should not be a problem to tighten them up !

fkirons
09-25-2011, 12:09 PM
I mean the thumbnuts ! You can autoclave the machine but in the thumbnuts you have the riffles what is for easy cleaning not a good idea ! Why you not make them smooth ? With gloves it should not be a problem to tighten them up !
You need some grip, with vaseline in your fingers or just moist sometimes can be a pain in the ass.
but I think I'll make those groves wider and more spaced out.
That is an easy change.

fkirons
09-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Whats your price point going to be if you don't mind me asking?
I want to keep it around $549.

slicksteel
09-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Hex thumb nuts would look cool and be able to wipe of easy,never seen a machine with them yet:cool:

fkirons
09-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Hex thumb nuts would look cool and be able to wipe of easy,never seen a machine with them yet:cool:
i like that!

Zapp
09-25-2011, 12:45 PM
That is an easy change.
That would be great !!!!

wildboy
09-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Whats the main difference between this machine and a Vivace besides the needle bar tensioner instead of a needle clip? Almost every machine looks similar to an already existing model... How many different colors will be available?

elbo
09-25-2011, 03:17 PM
The slider looks very long(but maybe cos the machine is small)....or is there a advantage with a long slider?...looks great FK...

fkirons
09-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Whats the main difference between this machine and a Vivace besides the needle bar tensioner instead of a needle clip? Almost every machine looks similar to an already existing model... How many different colors will be available?
Perhaps the similitude is the way the motor is placed. Clearances have to be almost the same on every machine to suit standard needles and tubes.
I think the difference between machines with no give and give is just that. This machine weights exactly 3.1oz I don;t know how much the Vivace weights.
I think a little bit of weight is a plus to give you more control and penetration.

fkirons
09-25-2011, 04:26 PM
That is because the machine has a fair size piston that gives you better response of the give effect. The give travel is exactly like the stroke 3.5 when the spring is fully relaxed. In a coil machine the give is about that with an 20 or 18 G back spring tuned with a 2.5-3.5 mm stroke at 46-50 DC. I tried to mimic the response of my coils and pour it into this rotary.
And to answer to some questions that were asked via PM. This machine will not replace my coils nor is intended to be better or worse. Just another tool. I am actually designing a couple of new coil machines as well as a new coil system. Basically what we learned from this rotary will transition slowly into my coils.

slicksteel
09-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Hey gaston it would be cool if you made all your coil machines in a steel version to.:D

fkirons
09-25-2011, 07:19 PM
I may little by little

Zapp
09-25-2011, 07:22 PM
It would be also cool to sell the first batch to the Rotary Forum Members !!!!

Tattooalley
09-25-2011, 08:05 PM
You need some grip, with vaseline in your fingers or just moist sometimes can be a pain in the ass.
That is an easy change.
Not to sound rude but Zapp and anyone asking about cleaning the thumb screws what does it matter don't you bag your machines to prevent cross contamination? If so then groves won't matter ya know

Inkslinger
09-25-2011, 08:19 PM
I thought that too UNTIL I was just recently told that at least one state (MD) I think doesn't allow machines to be bagged. The state health dept. claims it creates a more contaminated area. Yea, I don't get it either, but I swear its true.
Thanks,
Russ
PS..EVERYTHING is bagged in my studios here in Pa.

Zapp
09-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Not to sound rude but Zapp and anyone asking about cleaning the thumb screws what does it matter don't you bag your machines to prevent cross contamination? If so then groves won't matter ya know
We talking about a machine who is build to autoclave and witch is smooth for easy cleaning ! I think a thumbskrew without riffles fits better in this concept !
If all that doesn't matter,for what all that effort ?

slicksteel
09-25-2011, 09:55 PM
lol i get your point zap! I still think a hex shaped one would be nice, would give you grip,easy to clean and would look super cool!:cool:

Inkslinger
09-25-2011, 10:20 PM
I'd love to see a hex shaped one. would love to see someonedo an iron cross design thumb screw too. Gaston maaaaaaaybe???
Russ

fkirons
09-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Hex shaped seems to be it then. It can also be machined from a hex rod which is good and saves us a hit of time machining.
I think that could look dope!
Would you like to see the knobs anodized or raw?

slicksteel
09-25-2011, 11:26 PM
I think basic black is the way to go as it will go with all your colors:cool:

G.Graves
09-26-2011, 12:05 AM
So stoked to see your building a rotary Gaston!I just got one of your new exactors not to long ago and love it, you make some good shit! Sent you a pic of a two face portrait a few month back.

Inkslinger
09-26-2011, 01:02 AM
I's say Black or raw are the only way to go. Then either one will match the color of your machine.
Thanks,
Russ

Cyberitual
09-26-2011, 02:57 AM
I was thinking hex bolt for the centri aswell but i found a penta bolt that feels really nice. I thought they felt better then a hex bolt. I just want them black :(

Zapp
09-26-2011, 06:32 AM
Black !

peter clements
09-26-2011, 08:11 AM
I was thinking hex bolt for the centri aswell but i found a penta bolt that feels really nice. I thought they felt better then a hex bolt. I just want them black :(

and that will compliment the "Stealth bomber" look :cool:.

G.Graves
09-26-2011, 02:36 PM
So stoked to try this machine out, I use fk's and love them. They are coil machines that run smooth and strong like a rotory! Plus the quality used in all his machines is promising. Good Gaston!!!

peter clements
09-26-2011, 03:03 PM
This machine's bound to be a winner.There's so much good stuff on the way plus improvements to already existing machines-exciting times :)

Dreviltattoo
09-26-2011, 06:33 PM
I think raw alum would look better. Either way I can't wait to get my hands on one.

fkirons
09-27-2011, 01:24 AM
Here is a video of Johan Finne tattooing me today during his guest spot at the shop with the semilunar final Spektra. As you can tell we are using rubber band as I didn't install the tensioner for prototyping. Slider has one more revision to fit tighter and give set screw on this proto us just some fitting we made out of delrin. This is almost it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgdu6ADjka4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

fkirons
09-27-2011, 01:25 AM
Raw is prone to more scratching. Probably there it will be a clear anodized version.

skyisthelimit
09-27-2011, 07:09 AM
nice machine and backpiece!

Inkslingers
09-27-2011, 11:47 AM
I thought that too UNTIL I was just recently told that at least one state (MD) I think doesn't allow machines to be bagged. The state health dept. claims it creates a more contaminated area. Yea, I don't get it either, but I swear its true.
Thanks,
Russ
PS..EVERYTHING is bagged in my studios here in Pa.
If that's on the books, it's news to me. One issue I have with this state (Maryland) is the total lack of regulations. It's pretty much a do as you will state in that regard.

fkirons
09-27-2011, 08:20 PM
If that's on the books, it's news to me. One issue I have with this state (Maryland) is the total lack of regulations. It's pretty much a do as you will state in that regard.

That makes no sense! who writes the health dept regulations ?? Sarah Palin!??

peter clements
09-28-2011, 07:12 AM

Or someone who's dyslexic Gaston:D.

Inkslingers
09-28-2011, 11:23 AM

Maryland's laws on a state level regarding tattooing are very few> what they have done is given the power to each County, City and Township to make their own laws and regulations. Most of which deal with it as a matter of being legal or illegal to tattoo. There are places within this State that have regulations on their books, but for the most part it's like I said, a do as you will state. Just depends on where you are here on weather they've got their act together. (place long rant here!)

fkirons
09-29-2011, 09:10 PM
I am stoke to see a piece than Juan Salgado is doing tomorrow at the biggest tattoo show on earth with then Spektrarotary I will post videos of the tattoo and a review from th artist.

Bishopbyname
09-30-2011, 04:13 AM
I am stoke to see a piece than Juan Salgado is doing tomorrow at the biggest tattoo show on earth with then Spektrarotary I will post videos of the tattoo and a review from th artist.

What an artist to be reviewing your machine! I love his work, everything about it is world class. I look forward to reading more about this!

fkirons
10-01-2011, 04:03 AM
Posting a Little video of a hand piece he did tomorrow.

G.Graves
10-23-2011, 04:43 AM
Nice, I love video's!!! I can't wait to get one of these!!!

peet
11-08-2011, 05:36 AM
You guys gonna b at sydneytattooshow next year?

peet
11-08-2011, 06:02 AM
you guys comihg 2 sydneyshow next march?

fkirons
11-09-2011, 04:03 AM
Yes that is my intention.
All updates will be released on the new fan page www.facebook.com/spektratattoo make sure to follow up for updates.

No Iron Machines
11-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Que bola' hacere, soy el denis...ha..ha.....
Se ve muy de lujo la maquinas, como siempre de los mejores gaston

awesome machine

saludos...

Joe Hinkle
11-10-2011, 03:35 PM
I think the hardware should be done in natural aluminum because you know this machine is going to get ripped off by the Chinese as well. Just a matter of time. The difference is they will use cheap black plastic instead to simulate the look of the anodized black aluminum you would use. This would make it easier and cheaper for them to replicate, they would be extremely happy with the choice of black. When it comes down to it, never let them dictate what you do or don't do. It doesn't matter to me, I will only deal directly with you like I always have. I have been patienly awaiting on the news about your release, can't wait.

Sage Oz
11-11-2011, 02:38 AM
What colors are these going to be available in? I really like the gold one in your FB page photos. Be cool to be able to order them with custom color frame and hardware combination choices....

triblk6spd
11-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Man I'd really like an update here.

Cesar
11-30-2011, 05:27 PM
This machine is gonna rival an iphone launch. I see it now, midnight launch, crazy long lines, rabid fanboys (rightfully so), this bad boy is gonna be bigger than Jesus. Lol. Waiting patiently Gaston

slicksteel
11-30-2011, 07:58 PM
wow gaston it looks likes you added a adjus nob on top and a shorter body that has clik n turn motor which looks like the neos, & the stigma flys.