PDA

View Full Version : Davinci By Martini.

Dman
09-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Has anyone used the Davinci? Its made by Martini and supplied by Tatsoul.
http://www.tatsoulspearman.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1153

Inkslingers
10-19-2011, 10:29 AM
My experience with Tat Soul is that they are a reseller of Made in China chairs. I don't know anything about the machines. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was a beefed up knock off. Looks a little like the Mantis rotary being sold on eBay for around 40-150$. I have used the chairs and think that they are overpriced for what you get. I suspect the machines to be the same.

If nothing else I got a laugh out of this...

Administrator
10-19-2011, 11:25 AM
My experience with Tat Soul is that they are a reseller of Made in China chairs. I don't know anything about the machines. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was a beefed up knock off. Looks a little like the Mantis rotary being sold on eBay for around 40-150$. I have used the chairs and think that they are overpriced for what you get. I suspect the machines to be the same.

TatSoul is only the distributor of the machine not the manufacturer.

Has anyone used the Davinci? Its made by Martini and supplied by Tatsoul.
http://www.tatsoulspearman.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1153

I am pretty sure "spoonertattoos" on here had one but traded it? You might ask him about it.

gangstajay
10-19-2011, 02:28 PM
The chairs that tat-soul sell damm sure are not the cheap knock off you get from china I have used both

http://martini-machines.com/ here is the link to the builder of the rotary they are suppose to be of great quality.

Dman
10-19-2011, 02:38 PM
I think i was pretty clear that tat-soul was sthe supplier and the manufacturer was Martini...

Anyhow I was just looking to see if anyone had actually used the martini rotary, and what their opinions were.

OwlsDen
10-19-2011, 02:53 PM
I deleted my last post, I think I was out of line. I am sorry for side railing this in to a discussion about Tat Soul. I have since had my problems heard by them and I no longer have any issues with them. They do care about their customers and I know they have some quality products. I have let my own anger get the best of me.

Inkslingers
10-19-2011, 03:03 PM
TatSoul is only the distributor of the machine not the manufacturer.

Actually Andy is the North American distributor, which is who Tatsoul gets their machines from to sell...http://martini-machines.com/...very well made machine, a blast to work with. Although I haven't run with one more then a few times just to try, so I couldn't say how they stand up as daily drivers.

Administrator
10-19-2011, 03:21 PM
I stand corrected, TatSoul is a Dealer. :)

If you happen to cross paths with Andy send him an invite to the forum. :)

JayFatInk
10-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Save yourself hell and heartache...buy a bishop..

fkirons
10-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Tatsoul is a reputable company, Pleasure to deal with. They are not only our official USA distributor but also we have furnished my two shops with their products and any time I had an issue they responded right away.
I even had a problem with a chair that I bought 2 years a go and they replaced it! Good luck trying to get the same service with a company that sells knock offs from china.

One thing is assembled in China and another thing is manufactured with poor materials in china.
All apple products are assembled in china but designed in the US. All knock offs of apple products made in china are crap!

Same thing with needles. No one makes pre made needles in the US, or at least I don't know any. There are plenty of needle companies in china, but the best needles come from supervised labor. All needles till this days are hand soldered.

Setup your priorities and invest in what you believe in. I rather buy once, not twice and when I have issues I want solutions.
Most of the time, you get what you paid for.

Anyway my post went allover the place.

fkirons
10-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Oh and that Martini machine, I had the shane to try it and it works good.

Dman
10-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Thank you Gaston for the feedback on the Martini Machine. I agree with you on TAT Soul, I have never had a quality issue with them.

Inkslingers
10-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Oh and that Martini machine, I had the shane to try it and it works good.

On the subject of machines...when is your's due out?

Administrator
10-19-2011, 10:50 PM
On the subject of machines...when is your's due out?

http://www.rotarytattoo.com/signaturepics/sigpic162_4.gif

;)

gangstajay
10-20-2011, 01:58 AM
lmao

tattoofranklyn
10-21-2011, 02:56 PM
I bought a Martini-Devici about 2 months ago and was impressed with it being my first Rotary. Then I bought a Bishop and worked with it , and feel that it is all in all a better product for the money. I will continue to work with the Devici. Me personally would not buy another one. My Bishop kicks ass.....

fkirons
10-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Soon soon. I won't give any dates until is out. :) FK Irons is sucking all the time of the day, distributors etc.
The machine is in production, frame and slider done (main parts) now it's a waiting game as we have to make batch of 500 to make sense with costs and efforts.
Although the final design is actually doper than what you guys have seen from last pro to and tensioner also changed.

At the same time I'm working on a parallel machine Spektra "Lite" that has same mechanism, break apart system but is fixed and it doesn't have tensioner to suit artists that like fix rotaries.... Shit did I leaked that ?? :D

asA
02-13-2012, 06:43 PM
I had to flip over a few parts and tinker with everything a bit with my davincis.... after doing so its almost 100% the same as a dragonfly IMO. I have 3 and used them as my daily drivers for a few months.

OwlsDen
02-13-2012, 07:01 PM
I am sorry for the stir that I may have started about tatsoul. My opinion of that company wasn't great. I still don't know anything about the machine discussed here, but my opinion before was a snap one. It was based on a previous issue that I had with tat soul. This was years ago and I am sure they have improved since then. So I appologize for my snap judgement I had on the machine before. I am big enough to admit I was wrong.

Gabetexas
02-14-2012, 03:25 AM
Dont apologize for the chairs sucking. I bought a stool, it broke within the year, and homeboy never returned my messages about the warranty. The stool was crap, the service was crap.
EDIT! Billy has since messaged me and has assured me he would make things right. Man, That honestly makes me feel good, that the guy will stand by his company and make things right. I was a bit harsh and apologize for it. This makes me happy.

spoonertattoos
02-14-2012, 04:46 AM
Good memory administrator. I did have that rotary. It was my first one. I kind of wish I didnt trade it as I would probably know how to handle it better now. I would for sure say it is a high quality machine. but having used 10 - 15 differnt machines from neotats and bishops to kubins and rotary works for the money, I would get a swash or a centri.

james