months or so trying to find a good liner i got
the hawk rotary works both great machines but
as a liner treasure chest is the one.

Dman
09-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Have you used it for anything else?

aedmonds
10-01-2011, 02:30 PM
i got my treasure chest yesterday but i still havint had a chance to use it unfortunately and its driving me crazy !

slicksteel
10-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Run some ink on your legs and post!

wing
10-02-2011, 07:22 AM
Have you used it for anything else? will do soon

Bishopbyname
10-10-2011, 01:31 PM
anymore news on the function of your machine.

darkness
10-10-2011, 05:11 PM
am also interested about any news for this machine :)

tugg
10-10-2011, 07:05 PM
I've had mine a little while now .Its a good allrounder. I prefer it set at the medium stroke for everthing. lining at around 10-11.5 volts and drop a couple of volts for shading. the longest stroke makes for some nice almost peppered shading but takes too long to work an area and have to slow my hand speed down too much. It has a nice coil-like feel about it. If there were any cons to this machine I would say rubber bands keep slipping off the back due to there not being much to hook onto.
Also I have noticed that my rca cord seems to slip off now and again . but all in all a nice machine.I would like to see how the rapier compares to it for lining.

Baldrick
10-13-2011, 01:28 PM
I've had mine a little while now .Its a good allrounder. I prefer it set at the medium stroke for everthing. lining at around 10-11.5 volts and drop a couple of volts for shading. the longest stroke makes for some nice almost peppered shading but takes too long to work an area and have to slow my hand speed down too much. It has a nice coil-like feel about it. If there were any cons to this machine I would say rubber bands keep slipping off the back due to there not being much to hook onto.
Also I have noticed that my rca cord seems to slip off now and again . but all in all a nice machine.I would like to see how the rapier compares to it for lining.

Tugg never have a problem with rubber bands slipping anywhere - they sit between the RCA plug and the silver screw on the rear of the body perfect.
Never had my RCA cord slip either - I really can't fault the treasure chest on anything, but I use my rapier2 for lining cause it's great.

tugg
10-13-2011, 04:52 PM
the fitment of the rca is definately a tighter fit on my dragonfly and my neotat than it is on the tc maybe thats why it tends to slip off

slicksteel
10-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Depends on the cord you get to.try and rca talon cord.

tugg
10-13-2011, 06:13 PM
who sells them, slick?

slicksteel
10-14-2011, 12:35 AM
talon on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tattoo-CLIP-CORD-TALON-RCA-Jack-All-colors-/350493472591?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519b09f74f#ht_1095wt_1037

aedmonds
10-14-2011, 03:17 PM
im a little bit unsure how to change the stroke length, ive read the directions and they seem fairly clear but i dont want to mess anything up, does anyone have any experience with this ? some pictures to go along with the directions would be helpful.

Baldrick
10-15-2011, 03:04 AM
im a little bit unsure how to change the stroke length, ive read the directions and they seem fairly clear but i dont want to mess anything up, does anyone have any experience with this ? some pictures to go along with the directions would be helpful.

It is quite easy, you'll need two small Allen keys to do it. On the underside of the body there is a hole - this is where you insert one Allen key to "lock" the motor so you can undo the small silver bolt on the front con rod.
Once the silver bolt is loose you can remove the "locking" pin.
The cam ( where the silver bolt came from ) has 3 different holes in it - the closest to the centre is the short stroke & the one nearest the outside is the long stroke.
To tighten the bolt back up just insert the "locking" pin again

That's it - it's a bit tricky - but that's cause I've got big fingers haha.
The locking pin - whatever you use - has to be long enough to reach the insides of the machine as it just locates in "holes" and holds the motor ( stops it from turning )

Hope that helps - can take some pics if you need them.

Bishopbyname
10-15-2011, 04:42 AM
I'm waiting on 2 Treasure Chests from Cary. The guy is a true innovator, constantly pushing his machines to the next level. The downside to that is when you buy one of his machines you can guarantee his next machine will be along soon that's improved on the previous one or at the very least gives you another option in your arsenal. If you're a machine addict like me, that's bad news for your bank balance! :)

Baldrick
10-15-2011, 06:17 AM
Too true :) I hear he's already working on the new rapier3 - the best thing about Cary's machine is that they work ! No messing they just feel right and do the job so well !
As long as he keeps bring new machines I'll keep buying them - better get a bigger drawer then !

aedmonds
10-15-2011, 11:22 AM
hey baldrick, thanks. I actually figured it out ( very simple ) after i posted that. Tryed to delete it but it didint work. It really couldint have been any easyer, i just didint want to mess anything up. Thanks for taking your time tho, maybe it will help someone else.

tattooedpirate2
10-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Sorry guys I've been designing the new models and my days have been running late into the night. If anyone needs help or information email me at [email protected] or the website www.tattooedpirate.com (http://www.tattooedpirate.com) . I have a video that is done and will be posting it on youtube this weekend. Any trouble don't hesitate to email me.