PDA

View Full Version : Got a chinese hawk in today

fatcashdaddy
09-29-2011, 08:22 PM
I got a chinese copy of the hawk kit (power supply,footswitch,machine, grip and cords). I haven't had a chance to try it out but my earliest review is this:

its definately a copy, not as well made as a real hawk. the body of the machine is well made (they said it has an imported motor made in sweden but who knows) and pretty damn close to the hawk and the machine runs as silent as the hawk. the drive bar is a bit different, it has what looks like a delrin end as opposed to the steel bearing end on the hawk. the hand piece is far inferior to the hawks. i was real dissappointed in its construction, but it works....
the cartridges are a different story, I haven't used one yet but the construction is topnotch..its almost identical to hawk cartridges except the whole housing is clear. I ran a cartridge in one of my t-tech machines and its nice...
I'll get to use the machine tomorrow and can give a better judgement of the needle cartridge and machine....

the power supply is a direct copy of the hawks..it even says cheyenne on it and has the "made in germany" sticker on it. I've never used a hawk power supply before but from what I've seen, this thing fooled me, it looks like the real thing...

tattoosbychriselement.com
09-29-2011, 08:56 PM
thats crazy man it looks identical to the hawk, which website did u use? and how much were there catridges?

Tcoe13
09-29-2011, 10:22 PM
I am very interested in your opinion as well. Looking forward to hearing what you think and info on where to get the cartridges.

cyclopstat
09-29-2011, 10:37 PM
How about a grip? Is can used like a original ?

GuruJeph
09-29-2011, 10:56 PM
I am very interested in your opinion as well. Looking forward to hearing what you think and info on where to get the cartridges.

I think he got em from cherry tattoo. the needles are $30 for 50 of em. damn thats cheap
http://www.*******************/goods.php?id=446

GuruJeph
09-29-2011, 10:57 PM
so do you need that footswitch to run it or can you use a Critical?

GuruJeph
09-29-2011, 11:04 PM
I'm impressed 60 cents a needle makes these usable

Alie K
09-29-2011, 11:06 PM
Wow - those curved tips look really curved - like...too curved. Maybe it's just the photo.

hendricksonart.com
09-29-2011, 11:27 PM
have you ever used mithra needles are super curved and still work fine

Alie K
09-29-2011, 11:37 PM
have you ever used mithra needles are super curved and still work fine

Hey, to each their own. Thank goodness there are a plethora of suppliers out there, but I think I've voiced my opinion of Mithra Canada on here before. Between short-dated needles (a box they wouldn't accept a return on that expired in one month from when I got it), twisted round liners, and countless other needle letdowns, I wouldn't touch them again with a 10 foot cattle prod.

I'm going to end it here so as not to completely derail this thread (though in my experiences, Mithra Canada is getting to be a Chinese junk dealer as well). Then again, that's only my opinion. Other people may have had other experiences.

hendricksonart.com
09-30-2011, 12:41 AM
hmmm havnt purchased from them in a while but never had any real problems never got on with the liners though always just mags

fatcashdaddy
09-30-2011, 01:03 AM
that picture was of a 15RM and yes Alie they are really curved...I didn't get this from that ************** site (i believe they are a bogus company). I got this stuff from a company I've dealt with for the last 5 years. they haven't even released this stuff to the general public yet (its not on their website yet). they send me stuff ahead of time to check it out.once I run this thing for awhile I will let anyone who wants the info know where to get it... I also got another very famous tattoo artist friend of mine (name will remain anonymous) the same kit and cartridges and he's he's going to test them as well and I'll get his feedback too.

the grip can be used on any hawk/spirit machine BUT the real hawk grip cannot be used on the knockoff. this company only has 19mm handpieces and the guy told me they are going to sell them for 10.00US a piece (plus shipping).like I said before, without actually tattooing with it yet, I was impressed with the quality of every piece of this setup EXCEPT the grip/handpiece. I don't think these are made very well and I hope they plan on working that out....

GuruJeph
09-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Holysh*t their prices are better!!! And I don't have to go through cherry even better. Hurry up and drill someone already haha I wanna hear how these badboys run. Finally Ill set myself up with these needles I've been wanting to for sometime now just the hawk ones were priced way to high and I've been hearing mixed reviews about the quality of the white ones. At these prices I can use these needles for every tattoo and dump my old ones.

Denner
09-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Interresting, if the needles are any good, please do share where to get them :)

slicksteel
09-30-2011, 01:11 PM
I would pay a doller for the hawk ones but they are subpar and they have problems.

turnrock
09-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Holysh*t their prices are better!!! And I don't have to go through cherry even better. Hurry up and drill someone already haha I wanna hear how these badboys run. Finally Ill set myself up with these needles I've been wanting to for sometime now just the hawk ones were priced way to high and I've been hearing mixed reviews about the quality of the white ones. At these prices I can use these needles for every tattoo and dump my old ones.
mixed reviews on the white ones as in t-tech?
most of the squacking ive heard is about a little membrane thats not on the t-tech. i dont get it.
where did anyone got the idea that the little membrane in the hawk tips that you just picked up off your dirty tray with dirty gloves and stuck inside your tube is keeping it clean?

GuruJeph
09-30-2011, 05:48 PM
mixed reviews on the white ones as in t-tech?
most of the squacking ive heard is about a little membrane thats not on the t-tech. i dont get it.
where did anyone got the idea that the little membrane in the hawk tips that you just picked up off your dirty tray with dirty gloves and stuck inside your tube is keeping it clean?

First let me say I don't own the hawk or ttech system. I've been doing lots of online research on several forums and what I'm hearing is the ttech ones leak, are not sealed and use a rubber band not a spring. Not sure if the band makes a difference or not and the sealant thing really doesn't bother me since I would autoclave after every use anyway. At any rate only a small amount of people have noticed this leaking "problem" as I see it my setup now using a traditional tube and needle does the same. I find the functionality of being able to cut down my machine set up to 1-2 machine while having the option of using a wide variety of needles, Just thinking of this is making my mangina very moist. I am planning on buying some ttech grips and trying out the needles for myself first and depending on how I like em' I may stick with em' or try those Chinese all clear ones, they look pretty sharp and have that spring setup like the hawk and their around $.50 usd each for the most expensive ones where ttech range from $.75- $1.50ish usd each. After all they are all made overseas anyway so why should I be paying high middle man premiums? That's just my Jew sense, I mean $.02.

fatcashdaddy
09-30-2011, 06:15 PM
I have a hawk and several other machines that I run the T-tech system on...If your running a t-tech system on any machine other than the cheyenne hawk, the rubber grommet/sleeve is not that big a deal. you can remove and clean and sterilize your T-tech tubes like any other tube...It is however a great big deal if you use a hawk machine..the leakage that occurs in the T-tech cartridge, and yes, I've had that happen to me, will destroy..let me repeat, DESTROY the hawk handgrip depth adjustment.. I've gone through 2 hawk grips in less than 3 months and i have a friend who uses T-tech's on his spirit and he's gone through 2 grips in less than 3 months..Its not so much the ink that is a problem, most ink is too thick to leak back into the grip..the devil is washing out your tips between colors. its water leaking back into the grip that corrodes and ultimately ruins a hawk grip

Zapp
09-30-2011, 06:34 PM
I have a hawk and several other machines that I run the T-tech system on...If your running a t-tech system on any machine other than the cheyenne hawk, the rubber grommet/sleeve is not that big a deal. you can remove and clean and sterilize your T-tech tubes like any other tube...It is however a great big deal if you use a hawk machine..the leakage that occurs in the T-tech cartridge, and yes, I've had that happen to me, will destroy..let me repeat, DESTROY the hawk handgrip depth adjustment.. I've gone through 2 hawk grips in less than 3 months and i have a friend who uses T-tech's on his spirit and he's gone through 2 grips in less than 3 months..Its not so much the ink that is a problem, most ink is too thick to leak back into the grip..the devil is washing out your tips between colors. its water leaking back into the grip that corrodes and ultimately ruins a hawk grip

I almost used only the t-tech needles with my hawk but i never had any problem ! I also dont wrap them,after using cleaning it in a special solution and autoclave them ! But now i only use the t-tech system with steel grip and i like it mutch more because you can use every machine you want !!!! FANTASTIC !!!!!

Tcoe13
09-30-2011, 06:44 PM
I think he got em from cherry tattoo. the needles are $30 for 50 of em. damn thats cheap
http://www.*******************/goods.php?id=446

Thanks a ton. Just checked it out, HOPE those cartridges are for real and made well too. A lot of stuff seems way under priced on their (or should I say Eikon's) site. wow, copying as the ultimate form of flattery taken a bit far on this one!

GuruJeph
09-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Thanks a ton. Just checked it out, HOPE those cartridges are for real and made well too. A lot of stuff seems way under priced on their (or should I say Eikon's) site. wow, copying as the ultimate form of flattery taken a bit far on this one!

Nah fatcashdaddy didn't get them from that cherry site, my mistake. Didn't know hawk had so many knock off vendors haha. I think most these companies cases it's greed that gets their product knocked off. They send their product to china to save on the cheap labor, then are all pissed when they just copy the product. that cherry site does have one's that look like the hawk style black with clear tips. The straight clear ones are coming from a different source. IMO the all clear ones look dope plus I'd imagine they would be better to see if you rinsed all the ink out while changing colors.

Administrator
09-30-2011, 06:59 PM
I didn't get this from that ************** site (i believe they are a bogus company).

buyer beware, all the images on that site are stolen, nothing is theirs.

Tcoe13
09-30-2011, 07:09 PM
buyer beware, all the images on that site are stolen, nothing is theirs.

Thanks, thought that might be the case. seemed too good to be true and you know how that turns out.

fatcashdaddy
09-30-2011, 11:37 PM
ok, here is an early review of the "Chawk" (chinese hawk, lol)....the machine runs good. it is alot like my hawk except its not as quiet. I did 2 tattoo's with it today and I didn't like lining with it (but i didn't like lining with my hawk either)..it seems to me that its a short stroke machine. I generally like 3.5mm or longer strokes but I kept getting snags with this machine. I set it at my usual depth and it was just snagging like crazy. I reset the depth at the shallowest the grip would allow and turned up the voltage ( i was originally running it around 8 volts ) to 11volts.. it stopped most of the snags but still hung up a couple of times....I then changed to a mag and colored.. it colored real nice..I was very happy with it as a shader...

I only have 5rl, 8rs, and 15rm cartridges so I only got to use the 5rl cartridge today (i used T-tech mag cartridges for the shading and a 14rs )

the 5rl cartridge was nice but the grouping was very tight. that works for me as I usually do smaller tattoo's. the 15rm, although i didn't use one I did check it out some. the width of the 15rm needles was narrower than the tip shovel so the needles have a tendency to waver side to side and make a bit of a noise. the 8rs were shit....they aren't even soldered, just stuck in the casing (see picture)..I hope that was a onetime oversight mistake (i'm going to chalk it up to rushing it to production)...I ordered more cartridges in various sizes (1,3,5,7,9 liners and 7,9,11 mags) and I'll scrutinize them when they arrive.. I guess the jury is still out on these cartridges but for right now I say ok for the 5rl, no to the 15rm (i rarely use them anyway) and a big OH MY GOD to the 8rs (lol)

slicksteel
10-01-2011, 12:53 AM

Once again for the price they charge for those grips you should be getting the highest grade of seamless stainless steel on the market-of course they want them to fail so you have to spend hundreds of dollers for new ones and have to keep buying there way over prices carts!

fatcashdaddy
10-01-2011, 02:04 AM
Once again for the price they charge for those grips you should be getting the highest grade of seamless stainless steel on the market-of course they want them to fail so you have to spend hundreds of dollers for new ones and have to keep buying there way over prices carts!

i agree with you on the price and they should be stainless. I was talking to a friend who owns a spirit and talks to both konrad and wes (from unimax) and apparently they have been replacing grips when they go bad (at least they are for this guy)..he took 2 grips back to unimax and they replaced them for free..he also has a box that he puts any hawk cartridges that are hooked or have any problems in and when the box gets filled with 10 cartridges, he takes them to unimax and they replace them with a box of any size hawk cartridges he wants for free... the grip problem is getting so bad that unimax says Never sterilize your hawk grip and they have a disclaimer that if you use T-tech's you void your warantee and they won't replace the grip..my friend bought that stuff zap uses (and boris shows in the video) and used it on his newest grip (which is having problems already) and he said it didn't work for him, his grip completely locked up after using that stuff....(zap should teach a course in hawk grip cleaning,lol)

Zapp
10-01-2011, 09:21 AM
(zap should teach a course in hawk grip cleaning,lol)

Hahahahhaha,maybe :-)
Yes,i forget you can see it in the video witch i get when i bought the hawk !
I find it also on youtube :
http://youtu.be/9vlQqtneI2Y
Check it at minute:9:29
I clean it the same way,brush it (no ultrasonic ),dry it and autoclave them. Finish !
No problem !

Inkslingers
10-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Just a question...does anyone in here actually make their own needles? I've just never found anyone that makes a needle (consistently) as well as I do, so I've never used premades.

slicksteel
10-01-2011, 02:56 PM
I used to make them before all the sterile premades were around then they started selling premade grouped heads then i went that way then they started selling needles grouped on bars but not sterile then i went that way(had to still clean,bag and sterilize them thoe) then completes came along and I was in heaven! lol Flux was killing me due to my asthma!:(

Dan Kubin
10-02-2011, 07:00 PM
how much was that thing?

I sure am glad I don't rely on my machine building to pay my bills.. If so, I'd be too worried the Chinese would rip off my design and sell them for pennies on the dollar.
I think they only rip off that space age looking stuff though..so I think I'm safe.

Amoebadesigns
10-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Hey Dan...don't sigh relief just yet. If they think people are buying them they will rip it off to make money for themselves. The machines they have ripped off me were not the ones I would have picked to "mass-produce" so you just never know. I scan Ebay from time to time to see if they've ganked more of my styles so if I see any copies of yours I'll let you know :)

fkirons
10-08-2011, 03:26 PM
To each its own. But buying knock offs will encourage more disgusting companies to rip off good ideas. If there is a demand of people buying knock offs, china will go bananas and rip off, dragonfly, stigma, HM, spectra, and any good machine you invent.. I've been working for almost 2 years on my machine trying to make it as best as possible. I am not excluded from being ripped off but imagine if you were a builder, that has done all the hard work, that has had invested lots of dollars and that had spent many nights without sleep, and one day you join this forum to find out that some members just go with the knock off version of your hard work because it's just cheaper... Where is integrity and respect for the trade?
I would be destroyed and frustrated to know that all my hard work means nothing to some people and the times where people respected originality are over.

All they need to do to make an exact copy is to obtain an original model and reverse engineer it from there. Look at Rolex, Gucci bags, etc, you can't even tell which one is fake and which one is not.
We need to stop giving china so much power and the only way to do it is to support the originator of the invention.
My 2 cents

DavidEngbaek
10-08-2011, 03:46 PM
well Said! Here's a thought though..which you are not a part of..But what about Companies that use China to build there products and put their Name all over it, and sell it as a legit Brand name..i wont use any Tattoo examples out of respect that might be wrong on a Particular Brand, but i'm sure it happens....not unlike "Nike" for instance ..although thats Malaysia not china.
you can buy Knock off Nike shoes from China..Both made 3rd world, same quality. Its fine Line of Ethics.
I personally dont have any Chinese knock offs. but if a something landed in my lap for free, I'd give it a fair test drive, before i called it Crap.

fkirons
10-08-2011, 04:20 PM
well Said! Here's a thought though..which you are not a part of..But what about Companies that use China to build there products and put their Name all over it, and sell it as a legit Brand name..i wont use any Tattoo examples out of respect that might be wrong on a Particular Brand, but i'm sure it happens....not unlike "Nike" for instance ..although thats Malaysia not china.
you can buy Knock off Nike shoes from China..Both made 3rd world, same quality. Its fine Line of Ethics.
I personally dont have any Chinese knock offs. but if a something landed in my lap for free, I'd give it a fair test drive, before i called it Crap.

The problem is not manufacturing in china, Malaysia, Japan, etc.
The problem are the companies that steal without giving a crap how much a person work to take the product to it's final stage.

I do not know of any american company that manufactures needle, and if there it was one, their needles would be outrageous.
There is cheap and good quality products made in china. There are companies that respect intellectual property and there are companies that don't give a rat $hit about
who they are copying.
We gave so much power to china that they have better technology than we do now. For certain production aspects we have no choice, just for the simple fact that they can do it better.

Perhaps, this subject touches me personally because I am currently a victim of my machines being copied and sold on ebay, worldwide tattoo, and many other sites for pennies.
they are even claiming that I make them for them unbranded and misleading customers! these companies just don't care about the industry, they don't do anything to make it better, they just sink down the guy that cares while they are fooling you and making you part of their game.

I started in my garage like many others, and it took me a long way to bring the product to where it is now. People may like it or not,
But for a company to come a snatch your hard work and whore out to product, it really hurts, and makes you want to do stupid things.

fkirons
10-08-2011, 04:23 PM
I would love to hear the feedback from Joshua Carlton, Centri, Rotar, Stigma, Hawk, Aaron Cain, Mickey Sharpz, John Clark, and the many builders that made out of the machine making a Science and their living.

tattony
10-09-2011, 04:05 AM
I would love to hear the feedback from Joshua Carlton, Centri, Rotar, Stigma, Hawk, Aaron Cain, Mickey Sharpz, John Clark, and the many builders that made out of the machine making a Science and their living.i would like to ask a question here,,,mickey sharpz for one and many other machine builders that you would consider your equal, do copies of rodgers,walker, coleman ,zeis and other old machines, why is it acceptable for them to rip off these designs but not when they're made by companies in the far east?

wildboy
10-09-2011, 04:22 AM
Companies in the far east dont give a damn about the tattoo industry and they dont respect our forefathers of tattooing... micky sharpz and the other machine builders go way back and treat the craft of tattooing and its history with respect thats the main difference. Money should stay within the industry and people who really care about it not some greedy company from the far east or any other place in the world that just wants to make money...

Mark5
10-09-2011, 04:30 AM
I dont understand why anyone who is tattooing for a living would buy a cheap chinese machine on ebay, I dont know anyone who does.

fkirons
10-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Companies in the far east dont give a damn about the tattoo industry and they dont respect our forefathers of tattooing... micky sharpz and the other machine builders go way back and treat the craft of tattooing and its history with respect thats the main difference. Money should stay within the industry and people who really care about it not some greedy company from the far east or any other place in the world that just wants to make money...Thank you :)

RAYJEFFUS
10-14-2011, 12:49 AM
? didnt the chinse pretty much invent and master tattooing . i work n hattiesburg ms. been tattooing 18 years.i have a dan kubin springer.used micky sharps 11 years.i have bougth manny of thoes copys .the first 2 r from T C M worldwide tattoo direct drive.i put up my mickys havent used them 5 years, i have tried a little of everything out their
even the the new springer rotary ! it doesnt work the way made it spring is in the wrong place.a hack saw and a spring on that rear screw tada works like a dream.hope i dont make any1 made 2 many people tattooing out the house here they all want cheep.I WISH I HAD THE MONEY 2 GET THE INKJETA been eyen that 1 .but second little girl due n jan. and build n a house. but if there r ? about some of the nockoffs be glad 2 tell yall. rayjeffus@F B

RAYJEFFUS
10-14-2011, 01:24 AM
just found a hawk , power , supply, ink and 10 tips for a $160 its on my F B dont know how 2 post thoes things here. take a look is this a hawk looks like 1

RAYJEFFUS
10-14-2011, 01:26 AM
and its from china.think its on page 7.

jsantz
10-14-2011, 05:18 PM
when will the fk rotary machines be available?

Administrator
10-14-2011, 05:32 PM
You should probably ask that in the thread where the Spektra Rotary is being talked about. :)

CLICK HERE FOR THAT THREAD (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/1954-Spektra-Halo-Rotary-Machine-Almost-ready)

Inkslingers
10-14-2011, 06:46 PM
? didnt the chinse pretty much invent and master tattooing

I would have to disagree with both of those thoughts, although the first WRITTEN record of tattooing comes from China, and even that was talking about tattoos being done in Japan. The Horis (tattoo artists in Japan) were the first ones to "master" it, and bring what we'd call art to the table. The word tattoo comes from the Polynesian language. I 1991, the body of a 5,000-year old tattooed man – ‘ötzi the ice man’ – was found frozen in a glacier in the mountains between Austria and Italy...a little FYI... I tend to agree with the argument that machine builders like Sharpz have copied older frames. Sharpz copied Rogers, Rogers got his from Coleman. I wouldn't call very many builders today inventive or even innovative, but there are exceptions (a few of the latter come to this site). And sure you could say that money is a driving force in anyone's life. When asks who was the best tattooist around, Lyle Tuttle's response was "that would be whoever makes the most money at the end of the day.." All that said, it doesn't change the fact that the Chinese are whores, and have done more harm to this industry then good. Something to think about when you spend your next dollar. Who are you going to support? I personally try not to spend a dime with a company that sells to the general public. But that's another rant.....

andrewc
10-16-2011, 07:24 PM
its made its way to ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Power-Supply-Permanent-Makeup-Tattoo-Rotary-Machine-One-piece-10-Colors-/160664492487?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25685999c7 this should get interesting now seeing the china companies trying to cut each other down with the cheaper and cheaper prices on this

Cyberitual
10-24-2011, 10:40 AM
I know it will happen one day, the centri nip knockoff. But I'm almost wanting to see them try to. It would be interesting to see how they pull it off. I don't know if its a compliment or a threat, but I would hope the industry would know were this technology for the centri was born by then and respect its true parent. I'm gonna sell knock off bamboo back scratchers on eBay.... Who wants first bid?PS- next week folks ;)

turnrock
10-24-2011, 11:07 AM
its made its way to ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Power-Supply-Permanent-Makeup-Tattoo-Rotary-Machine-One-piece-10-Colors-/160664492487?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25685999c7 this should get interesting now seeing the china companies trying to cut each other down with the cheaper and cheaper prices on this
yep ebay will be flooded with those in about a month for under $40 and theyll even throw in a carring case lol.
cyberitual i would hate to be a builder and that happen to me. you gotta discontinue or change the style as soon as they do to stay ahead of them.ill put in the first bid if its a bamboo centri that will scratch my back inbetween appointments?

Dman
10-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Jjust like anything elses the chinese will knock it off and do a shit job of it. But as long as you put out a good product it will fall into the right hands as well. There are always people that wanna get backyard tattoos as well as those who will do it right.

Cyberitual
10-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Who cares how this rip off works, looks, or functions! I care more about the fact that you bought one and that others wanting to buy its needles or whatever and want to know how it runs as if they have a interest in purchasing one. I guess you can't have loyalty without dishonesty. I wish we could tag members here with Chinese flag so I know who I show respect too. This thread needs to change its name to "the sell out specials"

Cyberitual
10-24-2011, 03:59 PM
I think I'm gonna post a few of my machines on eBay saying from China for $200 and just ignore the responces and maybe it will detour others down the road to think all the centri's on eBay are false advertising and China can go F themselves! I don't care if you buy one just to see if its good you still sent your money to the communists !

Administrator
10-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Better to probably just keep your stuff off ebay completely.

OwlsDen
10-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Better to probably just keep your stuff off ebay completely.Yeah because that is where the Chinese find stuff to rip off. Maybe you should make people sign a contract to never sell your products on eBay, otherwise you won't sell to them. Kind of the same idea as not dealing with vendors that ship to China. I hope all builders think more about having local workers build and machine the parts and assemble their machines. Just a thought that if we as an industry could all help support more local manufactures and distributors our industry would be much better. But unfortunately every scratcher on the block wants to buy some machines... Uh sorry tat guns and tattoo all of their boys cause try saw that shit on Tv and man it looks easy. I say the biggest problems started with the reality shows, and Ed Hardy selling his designs for clothes. We are in a McDonald's spiral. Good luck to us all.

OwlsDen
10-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Oh and sorry for continuing the slightly off topic rant that has been going. Also I have nothing against Ed Hardy. I just wish that every dip shit in the world didn't some design of his on shirts and hats. Yes here in Europe it's as bad as I remember America being. I think that if people buy crap from china I just hope they expect it to be what it is.... Crap. If you expect that then fine have fun.

Deakon
10-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Who cares how this rip off works, looks, or functions! I care more about the fact that you bought one and that others wanting to buy its needles or whatever and want to know how it runs as if they have a interest in purchasing one. I guess you can't have loyalty without dishonesty. I wish we could tag members here with Chinese flag so I know who I show respect too. This thread needs to change its name to "the sell out specials"
If you are a tattooist, and you don't make your own needles, then you have used chinese needles. Its as simple as that. I use tubes made in china, and more than likely the needles I use are made there too. If hawk needles are £1 a cartridge, but you can buy bulk from china at .50p a cartridge and the quality is still decent, do it. No one is going to pat you on the back for being a good egg when you cant afford a round in the pub.
The rip off machines is another matter entirely, but not one that is going to stop. Just like everything else that gets copied and sold cheap.

Cyberitual
10-24-2011, 10:28 PM
If you are a tattooist, and you don't make your own needles, then you have used chinese needles. Its as simple as that. I use tubes made in china, and more than likely the needles I use are made there too. If hawk needles are £1 a cartridge, but you can buy bulk from china at .50p a cartridge and the quality is still decent, do it. No one is going to pat you on the back for being a good egg when you cant afford a round in the pub.
The rip off machines is another matter entirely, but not one that is going to stop. Just like everything else that gets copied and sold cheap. this isnt about needles, its about purchasing knock off products. Needles are not knock offs, there needles and can be found world wide and made in every country. If you use a machine that requires a special housing to support that needle maybe you should get a machine that requires less dependencies and you wont have to worry about it. Its plane and simple if you want to be cheap ass and by chinese products then your not helping your local industries and your not helping your own country. Where has the pride gone, i pay a local machine shop here to make my tips and tubes, it cost me $26.00 a tube but so what, i get to design them myself and i feel proud about supporting the local businesses in my area. I buy needles from a guy who drives to every tattoo shop in the southern california area, there more expensive but he is spending money in my country to do so. That i can live with. Maybe people should stop being lazy and do alittle research to find what there looking for right there in your own country. If you want them to stop ripping products off a good way to start is to NOT PURCHASE THEM!!!

wildboy
10-25-2011, 02:04 AM
Yeah because that is where the Chinese find stuff to rip off. Maybe you should make people sign a contract to never sell your products on eBay, otherwise you won't sell to them. Kind of the same idea as not dealing with vendors that ship to China. I hope all builders think more about having local workers build and machine the parts and assemble their machines. Just a thought that if we as an industry could all help support more local manufactures and distributors our industry would be much better. But unfortunately every scratcher on the block wants to buy some machines... Uh sorry tat guns and tattoo all of their boys cause try saw that shit on Tv and man it looks easy. I say the biggest problems started with the reality shows, and Ed Hardy selling his designs for clothes. We are in a McDonald's spiral. Good luck to us all.

Its even worse than that the Chinese dont need an actual machine in their hands to copy it... I bought needles directley from China a couple of years ago and I remember that the guy I dealt with told me that they only need photos of a product to copy it!

Cyberitual
10-25-2011, 02:23 AM
Its even worse than that the Chinese dont need an actual machine in their hands to copy it... I bought needles directley from China a couple of years ago and I remember that the guy I dealt with told me that they only need photos of a product to copy it! lol good luck with that, i will send them photos and bet they will have no idea as to how it works.

JohnnyChaos
10-25-2011, 03:25 AM
Although I was intrigued by this knockoff I'd never buy one.
The Hawk was the first machine I really "clicked" with and I'm always going to be keen to support the original manufacturer. :)

fkirons
10-30-2011, 10:04 PM
the chinese rip offs exist because people buy them.
I rather support the real man than a guy that has no business in this industry more than capitalize our of rip offs.

The economy is tough these days but if you think that 300-600 bucks is too much of an investment to buy a machine backed up by a reputable builder and warranty,
Then you should consider another career. Most of us need at least 3-5 machines in the drawer to make money for life.
When you have problems good luck getting some customer service from these assholes.

This topic touches me very close.
No offense. Sorry my 2 cents..

No Iron Machines
11-11-2011, 05:35 AM
THE MITHRA is a CHINESE company, but based in CALIFORNIA, they produce all the needles in CHINA, like all the needles on the market now, that's all,
all the ORIGINAL NEEDLES CARTRIDGE from HAWK they are made in CHINA too, the T-TECH alaso, they good quality booth, so maybe the factory produce the COPY HAWK CARTRIDGE show on this post is the same produce the original one, maybe they just use some cheaper needles and plastic frame, but not sure
IS IMPOSSIBLE PRODUCE NEEDLES OUTSIDE CHINA, IN A WESTERN COUNTRY, THE PRICE GONNA JUMP UP TO MUCH, maybe in the future they gonna produce in some other ASIAN cheaper counbtry like VIETNAM, CAMBODIA or LAOS, but forget NEEDLES MADE IN USA OR EUROPE...

fkirons
11-12-2011, 01:51 AM
Maybe this example will help to understand the rant:
We are not ranting about Apple computers designed in the usa assembled in china under Apples quality control. We are ranting about Apple knock offs from china with zero quality control, cheap materials and zero knowledge of who Steve Job was.

:)
Cockroaches !

Shockerjock
11-12-2011, 04:14 PM
I saw these kits on ebay for $160 and the needles quite possibly cheaper than ************** using "buy it now" Been very curious out it!

punkangel
11-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Maybe this example will help to understand the rant:
We are not ranting about Apple computers designed in the usa assembled in china under Apples quality control. We are ranting about Apple knock offs from china with zero quality control, cheap materials and zero knowledge of who Steve Job was.

:)
Cockroaches !

Well said! i happen to do a lot of work with a well known Guitar manufaturer from Tennessee, they also produce top end piano's,
and i had a conversation with thier main piano guy, and he said that the craftsmen (yes craftsmen) there, are some of the finest in the world, but if you do not supervise them, or use your own standards of quality control for a minute they will produce shoddy goods, i guess that means they are Lazy!!
also they get paid a pittance,so (and i am only guessing) bonus is awarded for quantity, this means more speed more inferior workmanship

my concern with this, is not the tattoo machine its self, more that i have noticed power n pedals popping up for over £200! real or not?
I could go on forever grrr! But one thing is for sure it is big organised crime, from memory sticks to automobiles, so i guess it will not go away, but it would be good to recognise the bad
bring industry back!! that is what i think

Joe Hinkle
11-13-2011, 11:30 AM
The day I think I need to buy a Chinese knock-off tattoo machine to save a few dollars is the day I will quit tattooing permanently.
Needles and machines are not the same, quit pretending they are. Comparing earplugs to Ipods.

fkirons
11-13-2011, 04:26 PM
The day I think I need to buy a Chinese knock-off tattoo machine to save a few dollars is the day I will quit tattooing permanently.
Needles and machines are not the same, quit pretending they are. Comparing earplugs to Ipods.

Bravo!!!!!

SinnerTattooMachines
11-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Everyone uses China to profit, because i'ts cheep! I really admire people who support their local work, but a lot of companies use China companies to produce their products. I know alot of well known builders (that I won't name here), that produce their frames and parts in china, you would be surprised about it! No wonder that they get ripped off! but what can we do? It's cheeper!!! P.S. I'm not supporting knockoff material!!!

Inkslingers
11-27-2011, 10:11 PM

Ipods are made in China...so are the earplugs for that matter.

joelhague
11-29-2011, 06:07 AM
\
I think they only rip off that space age looking stuff though..so I think I'm safe.

LOLLL! so true

fkirons
11-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Ipods are made in China...so are the earplugs for that matter.
But engineered in USA. The iPod is top quality product..now go with some knock off or some product engineered and made in china and you'll see the difference.

We gave so much power to china that now they are holding us hostage.

Administrator
11-29-2011, 11:23 AM
But engineered in USA. The iPod is top quality product..now go with some knock off or some product engineered and made in china and you'll see the difference.

We gave so much power to china that now they are holding us hostage.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d9c_1258865433&p=1

Inkslingers
11-29-2011, 02:35 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d9c_1258865433&p=1

That was funny as shit!

Administrator
11-29-2011, 03:48 PM
I needed to lighten things up a little. :)