PDA

View Full Version : chinese hawk review

fatcashdaddy
10-02-2011, 03:55 PM
ok i feel confident to give my final review of the chinese hawk kit...

Power supply.....A+

this is a dead on copy of the original. I gave it to a friend who is a gung-ho hawk guy and he was so impressed with this power supply he even wondered out loud if cheyenne was having their supply's made in china and this wasn't really a real supply...

machine head (no grip)............B

I like the machine,it runs just like my real hawk. the reason i gave it a B is because you can't use a real hawk grip with it. you have to use their grip (I'll get to that review in a minute). if you could use a real hawk grip with it i would bump it up to a B+/A-

grip............C-/D+

Its not as well made as the real one. you don't get as much adjustment range as you do on a real hawk grip. It also feels like it might break fairly quickly to me. Although at 10.00 a piece its much,much,much cheaper than a real one and the real ones are known to break as well. (food for thought, spend 10.00 on a copy and have it break in a couple of months or spend 150.00 on a real one and have it break in 6 months)

cartridges............F

ah the cartridges. my heart is broken, I wanted these to work so badly. well badly is the right word for how these work. the casing is very well made but the needles really suck. if you read my other post you would know that the 8 round shaders weren't even soldered. the 15 round mags were too narrow for the tube tip (resulting in a side to side motion and a god aweful noise), the 5 round liners are not well made either. when i first started using the machine i thought it was a short stroke machine because I was getting an insane amount of snags...well, i was wrong, it was the needles.. I switch out to a t-tech and left everything on the machine exactly the same and did not have one snag. there are just too many things wrong with these needles and its not the same problem for each needle grouping. every needle grouping has its own, distinct fatal flaw not shared by any other grouping. this completely baffles me.

some of these problems may be rectified by the manufacturer. when I got my kit the power supply had a european plug and they didn't send me the US adapter, and they left out the 10 samples cartridges that come with the kit. all this, to to me anyway, points to them rushing this thing to production. quality control is not the chinese strong suit to begin with, so rushing something out to market is kind of like double jeapordy. maybe these problems will be eventually solved but for right now I have to give this kit a thumbs down

Denner
10-03-2011, 03:06 AM
Nice with an, hopefully cheeper alternative to the original and way overpriced, Hawk Power Supply :cool:

Bummer about the rest especially the cartridges, guess I will be sticking to the T-Tech ones....

BIG thanks for buying and testing the system :)

JohnnyChaos
10-03-2011, 04:49 AM
Thanks for the review. Shame its not better, but the psu sounds interesting. So were did u get it from?

slicksteel
10-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Tru on the price of the grips you could get 18 for the price of one that would last at least a year or two even if they broke. the price alone is worth the ps and a back up machine if you are a reg hawk user or as a convention one that wont kill you if it gets stolen.

e_Bangs
03-30-2012, 05:44 PM
does the fake grip work on the real on?

OwlsDen
03-30-2012, 06:10 PM
I think it might, but the fake ones won't work on the real one. All the same uninax has non adjustables that work with the real hawk an cost less than the chawk.