PDA

View Full Version : Stealth / Swiss Rotary (knock off) custom modification, done in a couple of hours :)

Denner
10-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Had some spare time so I did this mod, in a couple of hours, to my "DirtysDesigns Merch" Swiss Rotary knock off, machine;

Now it is kind off softer hitting, with a nice "coil" like feel to it, but if I crank up the volts, I think it will do just great for some Old School lining with big needle groupings :p

Will test it out tomorrow and see if it lines like I think it will.....

wildboy
10-03-2011, 07:04 PM
awesome thats a great idea... are you going to test it with different springs?

Jaes
10-03-2011, 07:06 PM
I don't understand the give, it looks like the A-bar is still directly attached to the bearing and motor?

tat2dru
10-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Where is the give?

Denner
10-04-2011, 01:56 AM
@ All.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, language barrier, my bad, I ment "a coil feel" to it, there is no give adjustment (yet), there is a little spring between the a-bar and the machine that softens up the hit even more though, sorry if I offended you guys :)
I am buy no means a machine builder, just some one whom got tiered of the way my machine was hitting, and thought that I could improve it or make it more to my liking :)

@ Wilbboy.
Yes the idea was to try different springs for different types of "hit" something like that :)
But only used 2 hours yesterday, cutting parts of the machine, the a-bar, drilling holes and attaching the spring and things like that, but if it works as I think it will, I will be ordering and testing other springs out to find my "sweet spot " with the machine :)

slicksteel
10-04-2011, 11:19 AM
instead of the washers you could fab a small block would look nicer -but looking good!
also if you open the hole up a bit on the crank top you would have more give

Denner
10-04-2011, 12:10 PM
@slicksteel
The intention is to use another material than the washers, but the washers is an easy way of finding the right space between the machine body and the spring/a-bar, when not having a workshop to do this kind of work, but if like the feel of machine I will be making some other solution :)
Opening up the hole on the crank top sounds like a good idea, I will be trying to do that :)

tat2dru
10-04-2011, 12:33 PM
thats what i did to my stealth,opened the hole a little on the crank and removed the plastic piece and replaced it with a soft nipple,it actually has a little give,good enough.

Denner
10-04-2011, 01:55 PM
@tat2dru
Will try that out :)

slicksteel
04-20-2012, 06:16 PM
any new updates on this project denner?

Denner
04-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Yearh, I am using it on a regular basis and it works great, have tested different springs, right now I am working on perfecting the design to my liking :)