PDA

View Full Version : Urgent - Neo Tat Micro Jack issues

DiamondDave
10-08-2011, 05:39 AM
Hi folks,

I have 2 Neo tats which are my daily drivers.
Yesterday I started to have both machines stop and start on me intermittently.
It appears as though the micro jack plug is loose and causing lose of power when i jiggle the machine whilst working.
Not sure if the actual jack plug (male bit) has got worn (it is only 6months old(
Or if the female connection inside the machine is loose.
Anyone have a similar experience.
Anyone no how to fix?
Not happy considering both machines are less than 6 months old.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Dave

Administrator
10-08-2011, 06:07 AM
Do you have more then one cable? I have a friend that had the issue off and on, stubborn and would just complain about it and say he needs to order a clipord back as he thought he had worn out his female connector (only tossing in the complain part cause I know he reads the forum). In his case it was literally his cable after I picked him up a cable from an electronics junk depot and the issue was solved. On occasion there is also a little pin inside the female jack that has come a little loose and only requires it be bent just a hair back. If this is happening to two machines you may want to look for a cable locally if you can. It just needs to be 1/8th mono to 1/4 mono jack.

DiamondDave
10-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Thanks Admin,
I will try your suggestions.

Administrator
10-09-2011, 01:07 AM
Good luck! I think Ray and Karen are away for the Alberta bound convention so the workshop is probably on a skeleton crew and they will be a few days to get back to emails I am sure. Are the majority of your other machines clip cord RCA or mini jack?

rjdadio
10-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Hi Dave, It is most likely the cable and not the machine because I use a very dependable double contact connector in the machine. I can get you a replacement cable when we get back......just get with me after the 17th.
Yeah, I'm in Canada right now heading toward the Alberta Bound convention in Calgary.
-Ray

tattooedjim
10-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Yea its got to be the cable. I have gone through 3 cables, the ones that come with the Neo. I actually went to radio shack and bought a heavier duty cable.

flaco
01-14-2012, 05:13 AM
the micro jack just sucks. clip cord is the way to go. was going to radio shack 3-4 times a month to get new ones (only $5.00 there) so started building my own. actually converting all of them to clip cords now.

Invertedpixel
01-15-2012, 06:40 PM
I've used my Neo almost daily for a whole year...I'm only on my second 1/8" cable...It lasts longer than an Eikon silicone clip-cord for damn sure...Just make sure you don't crimp or pinch the cable so there aren't any tiny internal severs in the wire...

flaco
01-16-2012, 07:13 AM
its always at the jack. have had all four of mine there and its been the exact same issue for the THREE years of daily use. appreciate it.

slicksteel
01-16-2012, 10:42 AM
It does seem like clipcords can last longer as i Think they were made to be taken off/on all the time-I do like the microjack thoe becasue of size/weight but I do notice problems sometimes with cords -also rca can do this two if the two dont fit snug.
DiamondDave I would say it prob the cables to as both machines are doing it.Also check PS etc.

flaco
01-16-2012, 12:16 PM
And for me, I usually have 4 machines set up at a time ( big liner, small liner, Etc.....). So that cord gets used. And my power supply is the new eikon es400. It's perfect. The soldering lugs on the micro jack are so damn small and can't handle the daily use of tattooing from set up, use, cleaning and so forth. I started making my own and they have lasted a little longer but still Takes a shit on you in no time..

rjdadio
01-16-2012, 12:56 PM
We haven't seen the newer connectors going bad, just the cables. What I have seen in the cables.....some of them have an undersize pin tip (under spec.) Some are poorly constructed inside at the wire support inside of the cable so the wires break down from constant flexing......or a combination of both issues. We do supply an angle cable that so far seems to hold up and is of much better construction.
Also,
Look at the back end of the phono jack.....is it silver or gold? The connector's body is plastic with a metal ring around the hole.....this is what will be silver or gold.
We changed out the jacks a few years back to a better double connection.....these are gold in color. If it is silver....that could be the problem.

If any of you have the silver jacks, please send the machine in to us and we will replace them free of charge. I don't care if your machine is one of the first ones from 2004, I will upgrade them for free. The only thing is.....if you have one of the old machines....I will most likely update the glide, the spring and maybe the motor too.
My policy has always been to update the old machines free of charge. So even if you have one of the real old, old ones with a connection having a knurled nut on the outside or the silver ring....I will do it for you.
-Ray

aurelien
01-17-2012, 03:53 AM
That's one hell of customer service right here !!

flaco
01-17-2012, 10:36 PM
You the man ray!!!