PDA

View Full Version : Introducing the new bishop "capo"

FRANCO VESCOVI
10-17-2011, 01:10 AM
After a year in the making, hundreds of hours behind the computer and quite a bit of money well spent, The new Bishop "CAPO" is in its production stage of the first 5 machines that we will be testing. The launch date at the moment looks to be end of December unless we do any changes.. The CAPO has some new features not on the current model which include

-Front face plate to cover the slide. better for lubrication and keeps out all the dust n such
-rectangle slide that will fit more snug making overall performance a bit more precision
-new swiss maxon motor that runs more silent and better torque and load qualities
-new "needle holster" no more snap in needle clip..New feature in the works!!
-new shape and will be 25% smaller than the current Bishop

Here is a sneak peak at the final rendering.....Stay tuned folks for more info and updates!!!!

FRANCO VESCOVI
10-17-2011, 01:13 AM
also a new tube clamp.. and the thumbscrew above is just in the rendering, the one I am running with will be different!! would love to hear any feedback or answer any questions!!

wildboy
10-17-2011, 03:09 AM
maybe a bigger thumbscrew and an option to remove the needle clip/needle holster

Dan-tattoo
10-17-2011, 09:21 AM
is this new bishop will have 3.5 mm stroke lenght?
it's looking really good and i will definiatly buy one for 2012 :D

DavidEngbaek
10-17-2011, 12:02 PM
i'm like a kid in a Candy store when i see all the new machines... 8)

G.Graves
10-17-2011, 12:52 PM
What's up Franco! The new machine looks like a beast, I can't wait to use one. Are you going to have the RCA hook up?

Alie K
10-17-2011, 01:16 PM
Needle holster? That sounds interesting. I agree with Wildboy - large thumbscrews that are easy to manipulate while wearing nitrile gloves are beneficial. Will the pricing be much different than the original Bishop? I know many machines with the more expensive Swiss motors can end up being in the higher price ranges.

Looking forward to seeing this new machine!

FRANCO VESCOVI
10-17-2011, 05:34 PM
I will be offering a 2.5, 3.5, and 4.1 mm throw. personally I am always encouraging the 3.5 for basic use and 4.1 for outlining at a tad bit higher voltage.
The thumbscrew pictured above is not the one I am going to use, its just something my engineer put in for quick visualization.

Also RCA and CLIPCORD wil be offered and a possible dual conection both RCA and CLIPCORD

last but not least the price of the swiss motor is of course alot higher in price but I will only be raising the price to $395 bucks. As well as I will be selling a conversion kit to put the new swiss motor in all the current bishop rotaries!! P.S. Allie, I still plan on sending you an orange bishop with a tiger :)

ASTollar
10-17-2011, 06:04 PM
now i know what im getting myself for christmas, can't wait!

Alie K
10-17-2011, 10:10 PM
I will be offering a 2.5, 3.5, and 4.1 mm throw. personally I am always encouraging the 3.5 for basic use and 4.1 for outlining at a tad bit higher voltage.
The thumbscrew pictured above is not the one I am going to use, its just something my engineer put in for quick visualization.

Also RCA and CLIPCORD wil be offered and a possible dual conection both RCA and CLIPCORD

last but not least the price of the swiss motor is of course alot higher in price but I will only be raising the price to $395 bucks. As well as I will be selling a conversion kit to put the new swiss motor in all the current bishop rotaries!! P.S. Allie, I still plan on sending you an orange bishop with a tiger :)

Sounds great - I'm def a fan of the the rca/clipcord combo, and it's good to hear that the machine will be within easy (price) reach of most artists!

P.S. Tiger + orange = AMAZING <3

Gabetexas
10-17-2011, 11:30 PM
I am soooo down!

JayFatInk
10-18-2011, 12:56 AM
Hard to believe it could get any better then it is...

wildboy
10-18-2011, 04:07 AM

Bigger thumbscrew than the existing one...

bmerck11
10-19-2011, 12:43 AM
you know im in for sure!!

STong
10-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Interesting and agree with bigger thumbscrew than current version.

coreypopp
11-02-2011, 09:02 PM
when is that swiss motor gonna be available for the original bishop. Also, how does it benefit the performance. I of course know its more expensive but does change it in anyway in how it runs or anything.

G.Graves
11-02-2011, 10:16 PM
I can't wait to get mine!!!!!

No Iron Machines
11-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Compliments, looks very cool...

urban tribe
11-11-2011, 03:04 PM
....maybe its time for me to buy a bishop!!!!

MS-ink
11-12-2011, 05:21 PM
looks pretty similar .... where is the difference ?? .... building a new machine cause a swiss motor ? i dont get it .........
best regards

gangstajay
11-12-2011, 06:21 PM
looks pretty similar .... where is the difference ?? .... building a new machine cause a swiss motor ? i dont get it .........
best regards
the slide is enclosed,had a different needle clip and different motor and will have different stroke aval.

peet
11-14-2011, 04:40 AM
looking for suppliers in New Zealand?nobody here sells your awesome machines.Cheers,peet,[email protected]

FRANCO VESCOVI
12-03-2011, 05:09 AM
best regards

Smaller frame, better motor, different back end and few other changes. I will have another picture here soon of the prototype!

FRANCO VESCOVI
12-03-2011, 05:11 AM
Oh and yes, will have 3 different stroke lengths. 2.6, 3.5, and a 4.2

wildboy
12-03-2011, 05:18 AM
Its just hard to imagine that it will perform even better than the Bishop... Using it on every tattoo now

rmethric55
12-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Any updates? lol

TattooMike
12-11-2011, 01:31 AM
Great job on this one Franco I am down for one Please let us know when we can get our paws on one..... Thanks for your continued efforts in bringing great products into the Tattoo world........

bmerck11
01-04-2012, 11:12 AM
I need a capo!!!!!

DiarrheaSuitcase
01-17-2012, 12:55 AM
The Capo looks so sick! I know that you will have a crap-ton of demand and that you're prob stocking up on product before you go live with the Capo, but any estimations on when they might be available for sale?

FRANCO VESCOVI
01-18-2012, 12:38 AM
The Capo looks so sick! I know that you will have a crap-ton of demand and that you're prob stocking up on product before you go live with the Capo, but any estimations on when they might be available for sale?

Good call, This is exactly what I am doing to make sure I don't get behind. I also have been working on a new optional "slide" for the machine that has a built in softer hit that ISNT adjustable (as many of you know I am against) but it hits about 30% softer with a built in spring drive system that is capped off. Really kool stuff and never been done before and will be sold per request as I will have the direct hit in all models. As for an update, I will be hopefully ready for my forum members in mid Feb. so stay tuned and Thank you all for the support.

joelhague
01-18-2012, 01:56 AM
i cant wait for these , day 1 purchase for me , just itchin to buy a new machine and this will be it ! franco is the man watched his dvd a true inspiration

DiarrheaSuitcase
01-18-2012, 01:59 AM
Innovation.... I like it!
I'm sure you've gotten a chance to play around with the soft-hit model in some of your personal pieces. What do you think about the feel of it after years of using the full blown hard hitter? Is it something that you think will become one of your personal daily runners or is it more or less to accommodate those that like the softer hit? Whats your personal take on it for your style and technique? What would you say the soft-hit is capable of that the heavy-hitter isn't and visa-versa? Would you say the soft-hit will be as versatile as the orig or more of a specialty machine for super soft black and gray fades?

Sorry for the 20 questions, I'm just very intrigued and super stoked that you may be setting a new trend in rotaries! Props to you man!

ckjr
01-18-2012, 02:15 AM
Will you make a softer slide for the original bishop also?

taturudy
01-18-2012, 01:54 PM
cant wait to try it out

slicksteel
01-18-2012, 01:58 PM
looks like a sweet machine!

Marksta
01-19-2012, 09:34 PM
when will the Capo be released?

FRANCO VESCOVI
01-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Innovation.... I like it!
I'm sure you've gotten a chance to play around with the soft-hit model in some of your personal pieces. What do you think about the feel of it after years of using the full blown hard hitter? Is it something that you think will become one of your personal daily runners or is it more or less to accommodate those that like the softer hit? Whats your personal take on it for your style and technique? What would you say the soft-hit is capable of that the heavy-hitter isn't and visa-versa? Would you say the soft-hit will be as versatile as the orig or more of a specialty machine for super soft black and gray fades?

Sorry for the 20 questions, I'm just very intrigued and super stoked that you may be setting a new trend in rotaries! Props to you man!

Those questions are very good and worthy of a detailed answer. First I would say I am more catering to the folks that have developed a need for the coil-like hit although I am accustomed to the more direct hit just because I have pushed thru the learning process and enjoying all the benefits that adjustable's don't offer such as speed and healing times cut in half.

I think the fact that its already adjusted to a certain soft hit makes this idea groundbreaking because soo many folks have had issues of not remembering where the setting was for a peerticular tattoo when going for a new tattoo and therefore can get lost in all that. this way I am able to offer a softer hit and at the same time allowing the cushion-like hit not to change and therfore pick up a valuable feeling that doesnt change on you and trick/confuse your mind. this is more important than people realize when it comes to rotaries and I feel at that point there isnt anything else a rotary machine would need.

I will also say that an adjustable rotary user most of the time leaves it at a certain setting that they grow to like and the reason I think from talking to so many people is that those machines are either too soft one way or too hard the opposite way so the middleground is where most set them to and that is where my new slide will be set at permanently.

I think that this slide will be great for black n grey and I will know as soon as I get em next week and do full report. After all, I still have alot to learn but look forward to the hands on experience I will give it and hope it can help change the game.

FRANCO VESCOVI
01-19-2012, 09:59 PM
i cant wait for these , day 1 purchase for me , just itchin to buy a new machine and this will be it ! franco is the man watched his dvd a true inspiration

Thank u sir!

FRANCO VESCOVI
01-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Will you make a softer slide for the original bishop also?

Yes, as soon as all the kinks are worked out I will make one for existing customers. I will offer it as soon as they are perfected. Thank u

gangstajay
01-22-2012, 01:09 PM
ahh thats some good shit

DiarrheaSuitcase
02-02-2012, 01:11 AM
Those questions are very good and worthy of a detailed answer. First I would say I am more catering to the folks that have developed a need for the coil-like hit although I am accustomed to the more direct hit just because I have pushed thru the learning process and enjoying all the benefits that adjustable's don't offer such as speed and healing times cut in half.

I think the fact that its already adjusted to a certain soft hit makes this idea groundbreaking because soo many folks have had issues of not remembering where the setting was for a peerticular tattoo when going for a new tattoo and therefore can get lost in all that. this way I am able to offer a softer hit and at the same time allowing the cushion-like hit not to change and therfore pick up a valuable feeling that doesnt change on you and trick/confuse your mind. this is more important than people realize when it comes to rotaries and I feel at that point there isnt anything else a rotary machine would need.

I will also say that an adjustable rotary user most of the time leaves it at a certain setting that they grow to like and the reason I think from talking to so many people is that those machines are either too soft one way or too hard the opposite way so the middleground is where most set them to and that is where my new slide will be set at permanently.

I think that this slide will be great for black n grey and I will know as soon as I get em next week and do full report. After all, I still have alot to learn but look forward to the hands on experience I will give it and hope it can help change the game.

Just recently, I was able to watch your DVD on portraits. I was really impressed with the overall quality of the video. You are definitely blessed to teach while demonstrating your techniques. By far, this was one of the most informative and inspiring videos I have ever seen.

Within the video, you made mention that you prefer to line with coils because of the rotary's extreme hit. Do you still line with coils? Do you think that this soft-hit version of the machine will allow you to make the switch to lining with a rotary?

Maybe this question should be in the techniques section of the forum, but I figure I can kill two birds with one stone. I am a little curious at the speeds/voltages you run your machines at. I currently have a neo-tat vivace that I just recently got my hands on. I picked this up because of the no give hit (and because the Capo isn't out yet... I want dibs on one once they release). I have been experimenting with various speeds for color, black and gray, and for lining. What works for you in each of these categories, if you don't mind my asking?

And just saying, my mind is STILL blown at how the cognac glass was shaded with a friggin liner! Seriously, I wanna be like you when i grow up!!

peter clements
02-02-2012, 02:08 PM
And just saying, my mind is STILL blown at how the cognac glass was shaded with a friggin liner! Seriously, I wanna be like you when i grow up!!

You should see the Lion's head Franco did on the back of a guy's hand, and it was all single needle.

cyclopstat
02-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Oh shit ! I just punch a old one from tatsoul!

Frosty
02-16-2012, 03:19 PM
any updates on these? i Want it soooo bad!!!

joelhague
03-02-2012, 06:11 PM
ok so whats the word franco! last i heard the final product was being finished up mid febuary now march 2nd , i need my capo! dying to use this thing

danobolick
03-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Just pre ordered mine! Now just waiting!!!

vodu
03-15-2012, 02:52 AM
guess iŽll buy two...4.2 and 3.5.

tat2carson
03-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Hey man my name is Carson i work for Mario Barth at King Ink, I have 3 bishop machines and pulled one apart to convert to a clipchord from RCA. that i got it off another artist here. And it has a motor "made in Malasia" on it. It doesnt run as smooth as the others were you guys using different motors for a while than the Swiss Maxon ones? If so is there any way i can buy a swiss motor off you. I have never heard of a foreign bishop copy everything seems the same minus the etchings and designs but the motor isnt as good as the other two i have and i paid alot for it and would like to have it running as good as the others. Thanks

Administrator
03-20-2012, 03:54 PM
does it say maubuchi on it?

artoftatt2
03-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Any updates? I'm still waiting to here something?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?snf3jy

FRANCO VESCOVI
03-30-2012, 04:01 AM
Hey man my name is Carson i work for Mario Barth at King Ink, I have 3 bishop machines and pulled one apart to convert to a clipchord from RCA. that i got it off another artist here. And it has a motor "made in Malasia" on it. It doesnt run as smooth as the others were you guys using different motors for a while than the Swiss Maxon ones? If so is there any way i can buy a swiss motor off you. I have never heard of a foreign bishop copy everything seems the same minus the etchings and designs but the motor isnt as good as the other two i have and i paid alot for it and would like to have it running as good as the others. Thanks

Pm me your #. Want to authenticate that one. We used mabuchi before switching to Maxon so I'm curious as to the Malaysia motor. Thank you

ckjr
03-30-2012, 01:07 PM
88908891the first one in the shop, we're going to whore it out today!

slicksteel
03-30-2012, 01:10 PM
does that one have a bit of give?

Cesar
03-30-2012, 06:44 PM
That is some sexy red. Can't wait for mine...... crying inside...

DiarrheaSuitcase
03-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrowl..........

FRANCO VESCOVI
04-01-2012, 09:10 PM
88908891the first one in the shop, we're going to whore it out today!

Good man. Lemme know what you think!!

cyclopstat
04-03-2012, 10:14 AM
is arrival and ready for sell yet?

JayFatInk
04-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Franco i want one for sure how do i purchase it..

joelhague
04-13-2012, 07:42 PM
:) http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e151/jthague/franco.jpg

smiley
06-13-2012, 09:26 PM
so franco you recomend lining with the x long stroke is it faster than the 3.5 for lining

inked
06-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Just wondering how did you guys order the Capo from Franco? i got no luck at all, i emailed him, i private msg him over here in this forum, and i even facebook msg him. simply no reply, and been doing it since 3 weeks ago. I hope Franco sees this. I just wanna buy his Capo machine so bad. and also upgrade my current bishop to maxon motor.

DiarrheaSuitcase
06-14-2012, 01:29 AM
Just wondering how did you guys order the Capo from Franco? i got no luck at all, i emailed him, i private msg him over here in this forum, and i even facebook msg him. simply no reply, and been doing it since 3 weeks ago. I hope Franco sees this. I just wanna buy his Capo machine so bad. and also upgrade my current bishop to maxon motor.

Franco has been dealing with some crap. He has been screwed over by a couple of employees and is in the process of playing catch up. Give it a little bit of time. He'll get back to you about your order. Just be patient... it's worth it. ;)

fkirons
06-14-2012, 10:30 AM

Try some of his distributors if you are in a rush. I thinkI saw them at TatSoul's site. The Capo is a great looking and running machine. I got the chance play with them at Ink n Iron.

Cyberitual
06-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Remember that drunk guy that wouldnt shut up Gaston? He had a Orange one so they're out there.

lammy2012
06-15-2012, 12:03 AM
check this site http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.painfulpleasures.com%2Fxc art%2Fcustomer%2Fhome.php%3Fcat%3D528&h=8AQGa6QsZ or email [email protected]

my capo should be arriving any day now.

grey
07-06-2012, 04:13 PM
why is the CAPO body with the enclosed slide not available anymore? all the distress finally have the capo in stock, but it isn't the same body that tat soul and painful pleasures had for a while. Anyone know who franco changed the body of the CAPO to an open face machine....i assume for cleaning the slide. as far i can tell it is the same machine just without the enclosures between the needle bar clip and the needle stem. i like the new build better, it just doesn't look quit as different from the regular bishop, but the frame is definitely more streamlined than the og one. i just would like to find out why the change in the slide being covered.-grey

inked
07-07-2012, 09:42 AM
maybe for easier maintenance ? or lube?

slicksteel
07-07-2012, 11:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O59urfjMiY4#! here is how to clean the 3 models
I thought the new capo was supposed to have a new clip "aka holster" design as posted on here.

DiarrheaSuitcase
07-07-2012, 06:57 PM
First off, great find on the video! I'm glad Franco put that together for everyone!

Cthulhu73
08-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Just got mine today (tatsoul) and have a few questions. I noticed a gap between motor and frame, the others I've seen dont have this. Next the needle clip has a cut in it like 2 small clips instead of the longer one claimed. Last the "tatsoul" logo etching is way off to one side not a big deal but when I drop $400 on a machine you better believe I pay attention to fit and finish.
So has anyone else noticed any of these issues?

serial1313
08-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Can you post some pictures of the things that you are talking about?

Just got mine today (tatsoul) and have a few questions. I noticed a gap between motor and frame, the others I've seen dont have this. Next the needle clip has a cut in it like 2 small clips instead of the longer one claimed. Last the "tatsoul" logo etching is way off to one side not a big deal but when I drop $400 on a machine you better believe I pay attention to fit and finish.
So has anyone else noticed any of these issues?

Cthulhu73
08-16-2012, 02:25 PM
See arrows

zack_fa1r
08-16-2012, 02:42 PM
i have one and there is a gap betwween the motor and frame, but my needle runner dont have a gap in it like your does.

serial1313
08-16-2012, 02:53 PM
I have 2 Copo's. A black & a red like yours, & neither one of them have any of the things wrong with them that you have described or pictured. They are both from Tatsoul by the way.I would bring that to someones attention @ Tatsoul. I might be wrong, but that doesn't seem right to me.

Cthulhu73
08-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Yeah I know they (tatsoul) just got new stock in. I cant help but wonder if these are being rushed to fill orders. It runs smooth but damn...

TATsoul
08-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Hi Cthulhu73 (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/member.php/472-Cthulhu73),

Feel free to call us at the office here and ask for our machine expert Erica and we will take care of you if you have trouble reaching Franco over at Bishop. Please note, the "TATSoul" lasered Bishops are the same exact Bishops as the other Bishops. Thank you for being a loyal customer of ours and even though we do not manufacture these machines, we will do whatever we can to keep you happy. Thanks.

-Billy

joelhague
08-17-2012, 02:41 PM
the cut in the clipis really weird,(i have owned 3 none like this) i dont think it is supposed to be like that , if you dont feel like sending your machine back though just drop 15 bucks on a new slide from the bishop site, if you get in contact and email them that photo they will probably send you a free slide, and you can order your maxon upgrade for the original bishop at the same time :)

also yes the faceplate model was discontinued for ease of use and cleaning/lube, personally i sorta liked this model, i dont think the extra 2 screws made it any harder to clean or lube but oh well

slicksteel
08-17-2012, 05:08 PM
yea my friend has the faceplate one and they are really nice lookin for sure and run very smooth.

nomoralz
08-25-2012, 09:19 AM
About a month ago I purchased the Joe Capobianco Bishop, loved it so much I turned around a week or so later and purchased a Bishop Capo. I havent had a lick of problems out of either one, I seen this post and checked for issues. Not a problem.

FRANCO VESCOVI
09-02-2012, 10:38 PM
See arrows

Hello, This is a new addition so that it acts as a back up incase one side breaks. Its a double clip and also stabilizes the needle more efficiently