PDA

View Full Version : dragon fly

gangstajay
10-21-2011, 01:14 AM
5125so I got my dragon fly today from diamond dave, great trade. so I got to play a little bit with it... it is a great machine, I dont know about 600.0o bucks nice. but still a good running machine runs smooth, the stroke is good. as far as silent, well only if you have the give adjusted to hard. other then that it is clacky, I used my RW and a 9RL for the line work and dragon fly and a 9mag.. I really want to try this on a bigger tattoo and adjust the give on it.. just have to get past the noise.

Alie K
10-21-2011, 01:33 AM
So did you have any problem with 'ink creep' up the tube?

gangstajay
10-21-2011, 10:07 AM
nope no ink creeping..and I saw that in one of the threads. it is a smooth running machine very easy to work with, I have the standard stroke..I may order the shorter excenter arm and try it.

Alie K
10-21-2011, 10:58 AM
What do you like it best for right now? Lining, shading, coloring? Are you seeing a big difference between no-give machines like your Bishop and Swashs vs Dragonfly?

Dreviltattoo
10-21-2011, 11:32 AM
he said he just got it. give him a lil time to work with it. lol

gangstajay
10-21-2011, 02:55 PM
lol...drevil..@ aile k So this moring I looked thru the operation manual, good info to read. So I set up the machine today and backed the give screw off and I ran it at 8 volts. and I turned the screw down until the machine got quite, which I see there is a mark on the turn knob. so from there i backed it off on turn and it had a lil give and it only had a lil noise not very much at all then I gave it another turn and had a great amount of give. and still not enough noise to be bothersum. so I found a spot on my leg and did a lil black shading between 8v and 9 volts just to play with it. So I say on the give screw all ou need to work with is no more then 2 turns.
As far as the set up I bend the bar and needle grouping right at the soilder point and the tention wheel I make contact and thats it. and so far so good on the ink creeping up. hope this helps with other dragon fly users