PDA

View Full Version : Mabuchi Motors China?

wildboy
10-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this maybe someone could tell me where the Mabuchi motors come from? I thought its a Japanese company but I came across a motor with the Mabuchi logo on it that said "Product of China"?

Administrator
10-21-2011, 01:08 PM
I believe maubuchi has factories all over the world. The earthquake and tsunami in japan just about crippled maubuchi for a while and there where a few builders who relied on them that where left in the dark for some time. I can only assume that if nothing was coming out of Japan for a while that production might have been switched to china?

Almost everything you would rely on to do your job currently comes out of china. A lot of it depends on who is making it and who designed it and is backing it. Apple products are made in china but the factory is held to the strictest of standards. (correct me if I am wrong but) at least 99% the premade needles and disposable tubes come from factories in china.

I once was doing research on car batteries and found a truck forum where a member was complaining about how whatever battery he bought was sub standard and he was disappointed in the company because they where a US company that had the batteries made in Mexico and in China. A rep from the company was being really good about replying to him about the standards the engineering etc. and the guy kept going on about how he got a raw deal because he thought he was buying American. Funny thing is his truck is not American... it was a Nissan and if he took all the parts not made in America out of his truck from when he rolled it off the lot I guarantee it would not leave his driveway.

Without having a rep from maubuchi on the site its hard to get all the info really but their motors have been proven to be robust workhorses that many builders choose as a go to for motors.

otto
10-21-2011, 01:38 PM
good motors,i also use them for my machines,but i re wire them,so that at 5 volts they are capable of putting out 4,8 watts and an maximum of 8,4 w. at 7 volts

Tat2nu
10-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Correct, Mabuchi is a Japanese company but some of their products are made elsewhere just like most other companies. It does not cheapen the product because there are a lot of well made items that come from China. That is a matter of quality control by the companies sourcing parts and or services from that area.

Amoebadesigns
10-22-2011, 09:53 PM
It's like Harley Davidson...I tattoo a few guys that work for Harley and ALL of their parts are outsourced...mostly to China. Great motorcycles from an American Company but due to costs of producing they had to move overseas. They still have great quality control just as I'm sure Mabuchi does.

No Iron Machines
11-13-2011, 08:34 AM
HELLO

MABUCHI is a JAPANESE company that produce since many years all the motors in CHINA, TAIWAN and VIETNAM, NO ONE SINGLE PARTS OF THIS MOTORS COMEOUT FROM JAPAN
is a good cheap motor, i mean is a 2-5 USD motor, maybe less, for the price is ok, but u not compare this with MAXON, FAULHABER or PORTESCAP
is a massive production factory, u find this kind of motors in any car, electrick toys, razor, and staff like that, the minimun order quantity is 5000 piece, maybe more
i heard some builder they say they have try MAXON but they still prefere MABUCHI becouse more efficient
THEY PROBABLE DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY TALK ABOUT...

so u need understand that the ROTARY MACHINES with this kind of motors must to be cheaper than MAXON or other quality brand

OwlsDen
11-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Graupner ( spelling ) is another German manufacture that is supposed to be pretty good. I think RW uses or used them. They are not supper expensive at the base line and crazy expensive at the top line. Much like Maxon is only like 35€ baseline. Just an observation.

andrewc
11-13-2011, 11:08 AM
doesnt the bishop have maubuchi motors in them? id say franco would be one to ask id say

wildboy
11-13-2011, 11:13 AM
doesnt the bishop have maubuchi motors in them? id say franco would be one to ask id say

They do... I took one of my Bishops apart because I had to change the motor design that started bleeding from the disinfectant Im using since I dont bag my machines.

I felt disappointed having a 5$ motor built in my 350€ machine... But since everyone told that Mabuchi motors are of great quality and I havent had any problems so far Im fine with it.

The one in the Bishop is used for HP printers as far as I found out.

No Iron Machines
11-13-2011, 11:45 AM
NEOTAT and new one from them also use MABUCHI, probable also SPECIAL TECHNIQUE, im not sure, but look like most of the american builder they use this motors

FRANCO say his new rotary gonna have MAXON motor, cool

the MABUCHI is ok, i mean run, is very simple motor, from 5 USD to 50 or more USD like MAXON must have something different, rite ? in CHINA and TAIWAN u gonna find many many company produce small DC motors same as MABUCHI, have a lot of this staff used in many things, like u say on HP printer, many they use for the automatic windows car, small electrich car with control remote, ecc ecc..

so is good point of view think about your 5 USD motor inside your 350 USD machine...

fkirons
11-13-2011, 04:25 PM
here is my little experience with mabuchi.
The ones for RC cars are crap, they burn really fast (the ones that are flat).
The bigger ones (I believe they are 25mm diameter, like the ones that neo tat uses) are good, solid and reliable.
They are powerful, tough, they run smooth, silent. I believe the coils in that motor are hand wrapped.
They pull around 5-6 watts of output.
They are heavy though but you can't beat $2-5 compared with an $88 21600 from maxon. or Faulhaber.

Quality controlled in china is as good as quality control over here. Some of the stuff you can't manufacture in the us because the technology is just not here.
The problem with china is not their labor, is the copycats that come from shitty companies that have no values.
Apple computers are made in china just like most parts of high end cars.

The quality control sets a shitty product from a great product made in china.

OwlsDen
11-13-2011, 04:39 PM
I think they are 22mm and 28mm OD there might be a 25 as well

merky
12-28-2011, 11:54 PM
here is my little experience with mabuchi.
The ones for RC cars are crap, they burn really fast (the ones that are flat).
The bigger ones (I believe they are 25mm diameter, like the ones that neo tat uses) are good, solid and reliable.
They are powerful, tough, they run smooth, silent. I believe the coils in that motor are hand wrapped.
They pull around 5-6 watts of output.
They are heavy though but you can't beat $2-5 compared with an $88 21600 from maxon. or Faulhaber.

Quality controlled in china is as good as quality control over here. Some of the stuff you can't manufacture in the us because the technology is just not here.
The problem with china is not their labor, is the copycats that come from shitty companies that have no values.
Apple computers are made in china just like most parts of high end cars.

The quality control sets a shitty product from a great product made in china. Im having problems with the mabuchi motor as we speak, all the company can say to me is somtimes it happens when the motors sit for to long.rrrrrrrrrrrr maxon all the way.

Dan Kubin
01-02-2012, 11:33 PM
I have found more of my issues with the wiring and terminals and messed up clip cords than I have with the motors. I also have machine designs that put minimal strain on the motor. I am sure that plays a big part...and to add to that, my motor problems have been with the larger ones, not the smaller ones. -go figure :-/
I have had minimal issues with actual motors in the past year..so I'm not too concerned.
also, I have a hard time believing that a Maxon motor is going to outlive a Mabuchi motor long enough to warrant paying 10x more for it.