PDA

View Full Version : paint probs on neo tat

ta2u
10-30-2011, 03:50 PM
hi..any one having problems with paint[purple] coming of on Neo tat ,only had it about 3 weeks ,treating it with kid gloves being the new toy and noticed couple of what look like chips on the paint work ,can only think caught it with needle bar,its not going to look very good in a few months at this rate.the bishop looks much better paint .my rotary works machine landed yesterday [spring adjuster one] will get chance to use it tomorrow let people know how it works out.

Administrator
10-30-2011, 10:59 PM
Neotat is anodized not painted. Have you tried contacting them?

Alie K
10-30-2011, 11:24 PM
I had some tubes that were a little snug for the opening on my neotats and it rubbed some of the annodizing off - but it's only on the inside of the hole where tube tails are inserted. To me it's just cosmetic and it isn't like chipping paint that will affect the rest of my machine as more and more flakes off. Personally, I figured it would happen and it doesn't really bother me, but maybe we are talking about different things?

ta2u
10-31-2011, 03:18 AM
hi..not contacted them yet will do today,just that i got the neos from tattoorite ,folks on hear do not give that tony much praise on hear,saying he does knock offs from china that's what made me post that question last night. to me that is paint what is coming off with silver showing thro' .the other machine is ok as it is silver.will get in touch with rays team see what they say ..cheers ta2u

Jim
10-31-2011, 05:15 AM
Anodizing is a very strong durable finish, stronger than paint, its a sped up oxidation of the metal using dyes and electrodes. My guess is that the machine had surface oils or something that hindered the bond during the electrolytic process. Ray might want to check that part of the assembly to see whats fouling the machine before it goes in the bath for anodizing, some colors are much harder to use in the process than others of course a bad mix, loose electrode, or length in the bath could cause this as well, but wouldn't appear as a chip or a single spot, but a fouled spot on the surface would.

Alie K
10-31-2011, 12:10 PM
hi..any one having problems with paint[purple] coming of on Neo tat ,only had it about 3 weeks ,treating it with kid gloves being the new toy and noticed couple of what look like chips on the paint work ,can only think caught it with needle bar,its not going to look very good in a few months at this rate.the bishop looks much better paint .my rotary works machine landed yesterday [spring adjuster one] will get chance to use it tomorrow let people know how it works out.

Don't think catching it with the needlebar will scrape paint off. Sounds like it's wear and tear from your tube tails. They might have sharp edges that are scratching the annodizing off the inside of the chuck when you insert and remove them.

OwlsDen
10-31-2011, 12:35 PM
We could all stop guessing with a photo... Care to post one? I am pretty certain that no matter what the issue is that they will do the best to help if you contact them.

ta2u
10-31-2011, 03:38 PM
dropped a message to rays team this morning let you know what i get back.were the marks are is further up from chuck along edges of body,only used twice so wear and tear should not be a issue yet ,the marks are not massive yet that's why wondering what machine will be looking like in 12 months.don't just throw it on to tray or any thing heavy handed like i say been treating it with kid gloves.see what i get back from rays team no joy will chuck a photo on hear.love the bishop for line work that's had a lot more hammer and no probs with that at all .

elbo
10-31-2011, 03:53 PM
hi..not contacted them yet will do today,just that i got the neos from tattoorite ,folks on hear do not give that tony much praise on hear,saying he does knock offs from china that's what made me post that question last night. to me that is paint what is coming off with silver showing thro' .the other machine is ok as it is silver.will get in touch with rays team see what they say ..cheers ta2u

I wouldnt be surprised if Tony did sell you a copy???? you should put a pic up to show us????

Tat2nu
10-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Anodizing does not "chip" so unless you are referring to a scratch then it may not be an original Neotat. Pictures would definitely help.

OwlsDen
10-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Now here is someone that knows better than most. I think a pic is mandatory now.
<p>
I meant to reply with a quote from the previous post. Oops. But see the post before mine. He knows what he is talking about. Not me, I don't know anything more about the neo tats than, that I want one ;-)

ta2u
10-31-2011, 04:47 PM
will put a pics up tomorrow, machines are at studio i'm at home ,plus should have heard from rays team by then .hope the phone camera picks up the marks so you can all see them.

OwlsDen
10-31-2011, 04:52 PM
You don't have a good camera at the studio? No offense, but what do you take pictures of tattoos with? Not a camera phone?

ta2u
10-31-2011, 05:24 PM
take photos with camera phone they turn out good .so long as customer is happy i'm happy, photos are usually a after thought .decent camera i had packed in a couple of month ago.we'll see tomorrow

ta2u
11-01-2011, 06:59 AM

here's photos of the marks on my neo plus some of body to see if its the real deal.been in touch with taptatdaddio told me to send some photos ,sounds like they want it sent back.i know the marks are nothing major at the moment but after only a couple of uses whats she going to be like in 12 months . let you know what comes back from rays team .cheers for the input catch you later

OwlsDen
11-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Pictures look pretty good, sorry about my camera comment. Looks like dings in the finish.. Also looks like a real machine. If it is not then it goes beyond copy and becomes counterfeit. But I would like to think that is authentic.

ta2u
12-04-2011, 02:15 PM
just thought i'd update things ,rays team sent me a Vivace to replace the neo tat with finish problems ,sent them the Neo back on wednesday.well pleased rays team are a credit to the tattoo industry.

OwlsDen
12-04-2011, 03:43 PM
That is awesome!! I love my Neo Tat. It makes me proud to own one of their machines.

Administrator
12-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Many thanks for the followup!