PDA

View Full Version : NEDZ ..Iam in love

gangstajay
11-02-2011, 03:38 PM
5334So I got my nedz today and I didn't have any customers and I really wanted to use it, So I decided to do a tattoo on myself so I did the line work with a 9RL with blk spring and 4.4v.. then I put a 9 mag in and let my boss do all the shading who I have been converting over. we were both blown away by the performance of the machine.. So I highly recommend this machine.
I have a whip that I want to sell or trade for a nedz.

tugg
11-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Ironically only a few months ago his machine was seen on sale as the Stinger or stinker as some called it , its good to se that Ed perserveered with it to produce this.

Administrator
11-02-2011, 03:56 PM
The stinger was a name adapted by another manufacturer and was by proxy giving Ned a bad name.

tugg
11-02-2011, 04:36 PM
I think you might be mistaken ,I remember Ed selling the stinger on ebay and from his website which I am familiar with as I have bought supplies from him in person. His new machine seems to be impressing people though ,I might have to try one myself

Denner
11-02-2011, 04:39 PM
I can only say that I love my machine as well, I have the 3,5mm stroke version :)

@gangstajay
What spring did you use when shading ?

gangstajay
11-02-2011, 05:21 PM
still kept the black spring in and had the knob all they way loose. like 1 turn in then we changed to the yellow spring and still only one turn in.. I will try the silver spring next time

peter clements
11-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Ironically only a few months ago his machine was seen on sale as the Stinger or stinker as some called it , its good to se that Ed perserveered with it to produce this.

and apparantly he keeps perseveering as we are told he is developing the 4th generation of this machine,that's gonna be interesting as it's clear those who've tried it clearly like the current machine,I too applaud the man for his persistence NO MORE STINKERS! :cool:

Administrator
11-02-2011, 05:57 PM
I think you might be mistaken ,I remember Ed selling the stinger on ebay and from his website which I am familiar with as I have bought supplies from him in person. His new machine seems to be impressing people though ,I might have to try one myself

I may be but I thought there was a thread on here about an ebay auction that had something completely different branded the stinger.

Okay there was this guy mentioned on here before.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.132116650168511.22413.100001105315531&type=1

and also if you google "stinger rotary tattoo machine" you get this http://www.rotarytattoomachine.info/element-stinger-rotary-tattoo-machine

anyway no reason to get this train off the rails. Back to talking about NEDZ machine.

tattoodee
11-02-2011, 06:51 PM
got my nedz 3.5 mm awsome machine try red spring for colour superfast.love this machine cant wait to get my hands on the next gen ,nedz machine ed u might be on to a winner u get my backing ,,,,,,,,,great machine and so ssssssssssssssssmoooth

Tat2dPinoy
11-02-2011, 07:20 PM
sounds nice! how loud is the machine?

nevermind, found some YouTube videos!

gangstajay
11-02-2011, 11:44 PM
sounds nice! how loud is the machine?

nevermind, found some YouTube videos!
its actually quiet,just humms and runs smooth, I like the 6 volt motors better,,like how RW uses and nedz also.

wildboy
11-03-2011, 03:47 PM
The Nedz is really an impressive machine. I used it with the short stroke for lining today with a 7r and it just felt perfect from the beginning! Its amazing that this machine feels right the moment you pick it up and can work with it without having to get used to it for some time.

If you know how you would like your coil machines to perform you can tune the Nedz to do the same.

Cant say enough good things about this machine...

Baldrick
11-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Gotta say, the more I use Nedz machine the more I like it - Been using again today for both lining and colouring.
Normally I use my rapier to line, but have been using the Nedz more and more - really like the light weight and good balance.
The spring system works well, today I had to swap the springs over as I'd left the soft spring in and put a lining needle in so had to change to the hard spring with the customer sat in the chair - but it takes 10 seconds max.
Gonna say Nedz machine has come a long way so good on him.
Also anybody else like the noise it makes ??? - I think it sounds like a pneumatic machine!
Nice work Ed - will be interested to see the next machine.

gangstajay
11-15-2011, 05:36 PM
I use my nedz alot also... I use the blue spring and run about 4v-4.5v

gangstajay
11-18-2011, 11:41 AM
ok so I changed out my nedz from mid stroke to short stroke and used the softest spring and I have to say this machine is very impressive, I give 2 thumbs up!. I let my boss use it and he was blown away, this is a guy who has been in the industry for 20yrs and I have converted him to rotarys. He loves the neo tat, but he just kept saying how comfortable the machine felt in his hands.. I let him do some blk and grey work on my leg and I hardly felt the thing.. when I used it on my wife she asked was I even tattooing her.
I have not tried to outline with the short stroke yet but I am going to give it a try!

Tat2dPinoy
11-18-2011, 11:53 AM
I just received a Nedz in trade from Ed and I am also very impressed! I haven't been able to use it much, but after the weekend I'll post my experience with it. For black and grey, I can see how the Nedz short stroke would rock, it's highly customizable. With a lot of machines, you have to adjust to the hit. This you can adjust the machine to your liking and that's what gives it an edge in my opinion

OwlsDen
11-18-2011, 01:18 PM
I may be but I thought there was a thread on here about an ebay auction that had something completely different branded the stinger.

Okay there was this guy mentioned on here before.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.132116650168511.22413.100001105315531&type=1

and also if you google "stinger rotary tattoo machine" you get this http://www.rotarytattoomachine.info/element-stinger-rotary-tattoo-machine

anyway no reason to get this train off the rails. Back to talking about NEDZ machine.

The first one kinda looks cool.. what was so bad about it?

The second one however needs no explanation.. and the picture of someone holding it set up without a glove is priceless.

The Limey
11-18-2011, 04:46 PM
and the picture of someone holding it set up without a glove is priceless.

Why? There is no needle in the machine...

slicksteel
11-18-2011, 05:26 PM
ahh limey i think because it supposed to look like they are tattooing for real.

vsprotoss
11-29-2011, 04:36 AM
liking the nedz rotary. a bit on the big side but works well =) got one here in the states at friction tattoo.

Alie K
11-29-2011, 01:29 PM
So many good things to be said about this machine! I think it's going to be my next machine purchase...

slicksteel
11-29-2011, 02:30 PM
hey alie bought 2 off here and they are great machines! did alittle self tattooing on the inside thigh to test them out and they run smooth with little pain.

Dreviltattoo
11-29-2011, 06:19 PM
@gangstajay please repost after you've been using it for a while

gangstajay
11-29-2011, 06:37 PM
I will repost once I do some work worth posting