PDA

View Full Version : here's a few i did with my neo's

tattoo4satan
12-07-2010, 06:55 PM
feel free to critique

Alie K
12-07-2010, 09:34 PM
First and foremost, aside from the outlining, don't be afraid to use some straight up black (or practically black colors) in your color tattoos! The compass/anchor and dragon/water for instance would have much more impact if there were darker areas that faded out into the color. I usually squint my eyes every now and again when I tattoo. If I can't see contrast, then I know I need to add more dark and light stuff.

gangstajay
12-07-2010, 11:17 PM
yeah what she said

tattoo4satan
12-10-2010, 04:53 PM
damnit i keep writing replys and clicking something and having to retype the whole thing.

yea, i know about the black thing. its something im trying to work on. i shaded the two tattoos you mentioned with straight black first, not enough obviiously. i'll go back on em. and yea the lines. recently ive become pretty consistant with lining with my neos.

thanks for the critique. must use more black.

gangstajay
12-10-2010, 05:33 PM
here is the other tech I use... most pigments sets have concentrate color... like green, purple, blue and red all have a very dark concentrate of those colors, so i lay out 4 caps of blue from the darkest to the lightest of that one color .. it will give you that deep contrast without using black