PDA

View Full Version : New to the rotary game.

ValentineMonsta
11-09-2011, 02:51 AM
Hello all I recently was given (forced really) the chance to use a rotary. Admittedly I was skeptical at first mainly because it was a Chinese knock off. However. I noticed even with something that looked like I got it from a cracker jacks box that I has having an easier time making my work solid on one pass. So since then I have become with rotary machines (already was about coils now I have something else to obsess about)
So I am here to learn as much as I can about them.

biggboy
11-09-2011, 03:11 AM
thats cool,i was kinda sceptical my self.so i started with a stealth and i love it,i use it for black n grey,coloring just about everything except lining..enjoy and have fun..:)

Viking1
11-09-2011, 05:30 AM
Welcome! I think rotaries are quiet addictive:) Since I started using rotary machines, I enjoy talking and listening to my clients in a more relaxed manner than before. I dont have to crank up the music so loud, and I think contributes to a more calm enviroment that the clients appreciate...at least thats what they have told me:o

Mr.Taboo
11-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the forums.
Yeah I find myself using my rotaries almost exclusively.

Magnu
11-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum

Amoebadesigns
11-09-2011, 10:43 PM
I can tell you that for years being a coil machine builder I never wanted anything to do with rotarys...until I tried one. Now I love them and am working on building some as well. I am catching some flack from other coil builders who know me and have the same mentality as I used to about rotarys but who cares? I see rotarys as just another tool in the tool box to use. A lot of guys who are "coil heads" love doing and admiring Japanese art and worship the masters who actually do proper Japanese art but would they tell Horyoshi that he cannot use hand poking methods and must only use coil machines? I don't get it.