PDA

View Full Version : Treasure chest question?

G.Graves
11-12-2011, 04:37 AM
I have read on here a few times that the chest is a quit machine. Mine is pretty loud and was woundering if that is how they are. Thanks for any feedback.

wing
11-12-2011, 09:31 AM
I have read on here a few times that the chest is a quit machine. Mine is pretty loud and was woundering if that is how they are. Thanks for any feedback.Mine is very quit just one problem it snaps rubber bands. apart from that good machine.How does it compare to a dragonfly i would
like to know

Bishopbyname
11-12-2011, 02:06 PM
The Treasure Chest isn't the quietest rotary that i own but it's nowhere near loud especially compared to coils. In terms of the rubber band, i set mine at the rear of the crank. It's the friction against the cam that causes the bands to snap more frequently. Hope this helps

G.Graves
11-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Ok Cary emailed me back and I'm going to check a couple things. If nothing changes then I will take some video for comparison to see if it's being extra loud or if it's just normal. I found that the rubberbands need to be set high on the piston. Thanks

tugg
11-12-2011, 04:23 PM
they are quite loud and the more you back off the allen screw the louder it gets.

G.Graves
11-12-2011, 07:05 PM
It had a clicking noise to it. I took the piston out and whiped it down with a towl, put it all back together and it sound better. Still louder than my vivace:) thanks for the feedback!

tattooedpirate2
11-15-2011, 08:43 PM
The allen screw on the top of the piston is not an adjustment guys, it just holds the spring in place.If you loosen this just turn the set screw in untiill it makes light contact with the bottom and back it out 1/8 of a turn or untill the piston moves freely, but no more than a quarter of a turn. The screw on the top of the motor housing is the set screw that holds the motor in place. If you loosen this one up the motor slides out of place and the bearing is not seated properly. To realign the motor loosen the set screw on the top of the motor housing and run the machine at 8 volts and put a finger lightly against the connecting rod screw an lightly push the motor back until the bearing is completly inside the connecting rod and snug down the set screw on the top of the motor housing.

OwlsDen
11-16-2011, 10:04 AM
i would check the spring inside the slide, that sits under the big allen at the top.. Maybe the spring is broken..