PDA

View Full Version : slicks gear

slicksteel
12-11-2010, 02:05 AM

gangstajay
12-11-2010, 10:54 AM
I see you have 4 custom ones... I had one of those gold one..man those suck..lol in the lower pick the international iron workhorse... I posted one of those..its a davan knock off..how does it run?

slicksteel
12-11-2010, 04:30 PM
The workhorse rotary runs fine for small detail work like eyes etc. lightweight they go for 50 i think i paid 35. The gold one is the best out of three i bought it is actually the worldwidetattoo one the other too were crap sold them and made money back. i think i paid like 35 to 40 for the real knockoff! lol ,it is what it is-a backup or travel machine i would not sweat loseing.The other crome rotary i use for stiple work with a floppy one and oversized round barrel-for old school prison style work where you just pop dots.

slicksteel
12-11-2010, 04:53 PM
840 841 842 839 first one is a custom jenson repo by eddy munster with engraving by johnny rocket, second pic is some bicknees with custom rca jacks, pulse abar & altered stock a-bar , technical springs, custom complete lefty glen flew with quad cores.
3 pic is a rebuilt 80s national mako with pulse hardware and custom munster coils,
4 pic top is a custom lefty young/munster with new/old spaulding 80s coils and chuck handle by the pirate/cary-the bottom left is a 2000 spaulding with technicaltattoosupply chuck, crayola coils,the pirate custome heavy weight a-bar and some pulse/munster/spaulding hardware.bottom right is a old 80s model with side quickchange chuck and custom munster coils with pulse/spualding hardware etc.

gangstajay
12-11-2010, 05:08 PM
those a pretty cool...i sold all of my coils..just use all rotorays now... no turning back..lol

gangstajay
12-11-2010, 05:20 PM
post up some work you did with those rotarys

slicksteel
12-11-2010, 05:34 PM
651done with rapiers version1 added true freehand(no drawing/stencils water and white highlights later but chick moved-pic abit blurry

Administrator
12-12-2010, 12:44 AM
What did you think of the Quad coils? Big change in the way the machine behaves? FK irons and next gen push the half or one and a half system and I know a few artists that have said it appears they hit on something with that design.

those a pretty cool...i sold all of my coils..just use all rotorays now... no turning back..lol

Do you find you find you are turning the music down in the shop now more not having all the extra noise?

gangstajay
12-12-2010, 12:51 AM
hell yeah....music is way lower..lol

slicksteel
12-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Gly Flewfirst made that machine for me with some of his handmade coils 10wrap with 47 cap. I did not like how it ran at all so i happen to get those quad cores from eddy munster for free. Those are actually the handmade ones thoe you can get production ones for around 75. I turned the machine into a liner and changed the back spring.It runs so smooth(purrs) now and can push almost any size needle-has a long power curve and is a bit quieter. I can even do small contouring and shading with it.