PDA

View Full Version : Rotary Works

frankenstyle
12-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Anyone try a "Rotary Works"? thanks!

Administrator
12-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Rotary Works is a member on the forum, not very active recently. Someone here might have his machines.

slicksteel
12-12-2010, 04:56 PM
any body have a pic of a rotaryworks?

Administrator
12-12-2010, 05:08 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1144.snc4/148686_114179985314249_100001667435134_88203_44365 39_n.jpg

His name is Dale, if I remember correctly he is in the UK since he bills in pound sterling not dollars. He makes really nice (large diameter) footpedals too that will match these machines. I know he is on facebook as well, If you want I will dig up his email and PM it to you so you can contact him.

slicksteel
12-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Oww ok yea i have him on myspace i have talked to him off and on i noticed that his other models motor mounts where round then tapered down to the chuck,I think it was faster and cheaper to do it this way. Nice guy was going to make me a 2 mm one.those ones do look cool thoe.
He also told me they do hit hard but run smooth

Administrator
12-12-2010, 05:23 PM
I think these are the fancy limited edition machines. If you talk to him tell him to come back to the forum, he should jump in on this thread. :)

rotaryworks
12-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Hi sorry not been on here much been busy tattooing long hours ....ok let me know what you want to know about machine and I do my best give you as much info as you want many thanks Dale

The Limey
12-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Those are gorgeous! OK, I'll start the questions although I'm sure there will be plenty more; was it you that made the gorgeous Buddhist themed ones and the Swastika collection?

What weight and stroke length are they?

rotaryworks
12-13-2010, 03:32 PM
they are a fellow called roy richardson he does all the swastika wraps he makes them they are very nice looking machines not me sorry .................... my machines run perfectly straight so they do line work and shade no wobble when lining they do have alot of power they run on 2/5 volts thats it but they do run soft ish as well ,i have used the same motors for over 10 years and not had one go on me yet thats useing 6 day week the weight is les than 5 ounce very light .......any more info

rotaryworks
12-13-2010, 04:03 PM
and i might add my machines are @ a good price i think not taking the mick by charging loads for my machines im a full time tattooist and use my machines every day so i wanted something that will go the distance and be ....i dont like the word cheap so value for money im trying get some thing out but not sounding right sorry i hope you get me .................quality for less

Dan Kubin
12-13-2010, 04:45 PM
what's the stroke length?

The Limey
12-13-2010, 05:37 PM
they are a fellow called roy richardson he does all the swastika wraps he makes them they are very nice looking machines not me sorry .................... my machines run perfectly straight so they do line work and shade no wobble when lining they do have alot of power they run on 2/5 volts thats it but they do run soft ish as well ,i have used the same motors for over 10 years and not had one go on me yet thats useing 6 day week the weight is les than 5 ounce very light .......any more info

Ah, makes sense; I don't recall his machines having a slide although the detail on the ones in this thread look amazing. Any chance you could post some more images?

gangstajay
12-13-2010, 06:23 PM
and the price also ..they r great looking machine

rotaryworks
12-14-2010, 04:35 AM
i will try post more pics up later if not you can have a look at my facebook rotaryworks .............the sroke is 5mm ...the price £120 each all brass,,, £145 ltd block swastika i have a few left not many i oly made 10 no more ,,,,, £100 xmas super sale mixed metals i only have 7 left ........im not very good on computors so any help putting pics up would be great or as i said i have a myspace and facebook many thanks dale

slicksteel
12-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Hey there dale what price are they going for right now,do you still have the tapered ones? Also which ones have more weightforward the rectangle plate ones or tapered? Also i did have one of roy richardson ones and sold it...It was nicely made with a good motor but it was not my cup of tea i think your desighn with linear action would suit me better. Keep up the good work,nice tattooing buy the way!

gangstajay
12-14-2010, 02:51 PM
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/rotary.works

here is his facebook page

rotaryworks
12-14-2010, 04:15 PM
hi michael i stoped doing the tapered machine they were heavy but if you want one i can russel you one up but might be in the new year i lack time at the mo im tattooing my arse off 6 days a week plus keeping the boss and two kids happy .............the ones i do most now they weigh less than 5 ounces ....if you let me know what you want weight and feel i,ll do my best many thanks dale ....thanks for your complements i,m never happy with my tattooing it drives me mad ..........any more info keep it coming im here to help any one

slicksteel
12-14-2010, 05:28 PM
I realy am going for light these days that is why i have been useing rotarys and they seem to run more to my hand speed then coil machines.I did look at the tapered ones and thaught they were lighter, turns out i was wrong! lol I just want a blanced machine.Maybe one with the brass chuck-parts and the steel motor mount n guide box. Thanks for your personal time on the fast replys.

rotaryworks
12-15-2010, 06:05 AM
any time