PDA

View Full Version : Greetings, all...

sneetch
11-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Hello everyone - new to this forum, but tattooing since 2000. I just purchased my first rotary machine yesterday, and have been spending hours reading the various threads here. What great information! If the search function fails me in my attempts to find out stuff, please bear with me. I'd love to hear from any other Rapier owners about the peculiarities and experiences of working with their machines. Thanks!

slicksteel
11-19-2011, 11:55 AM
howdy!
Those rapiers work great with a smaller rubber band -same size the neumas use and u dont have the problem with it slipping off the back end.They also run smoother.also lube the slider with a synthetic lube made for paintball guns chamber bolts works wonders for it.

Mr.Taboo
11-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Hey Meryl ,
Remember that funky machine you showed me a few years ago ? I think it's a swash drive don't know if it a genuine swash or a copy but u may have 2 rotaries unless you got rid of it.
Welcome aboard !

sneetch
11-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Thanks for that tip, Slicksteel - the paperwork that came with the machine indicated that it was "self-lubricating"...?! (sounds kinda sexy).

Fitz - i know I handed that machine off to somebody, I think it may have been Charlie...gotta ask him for it back, now! Remember how it sounded like a tiny blowdryer when we plugged it in and ran it?

sneetch
11-19-2011, 05:20 PM
p.s. - wasn't a real swashdrive. It was a copy that a guy I knew years ago made for his wife - she did eyebrows eyeliner and such...

OwlsDen
11-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Welcome aboard

Magnu
11-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum

Amoebadesigns
11-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Ainslie
11-20-2011, 02:13 AM
Yay! Welcome to the forum Meryl! Take care of my Rapier! It deserved a better home than the one I gave it. All sad and neglected in the drawer.

sneetch
12-08-2011, 01:27 PM
thanks, everybody!
Ainslie - i am sooo curious about the rotary machines that don't have that "give" that the Rapier has...might end up purchasing a Neuma from you yet, ya never know...!