PDA

View Full Version : Stigma hyper question

Baldrick
11-22-2011, 04:01 PM
I've been buying some different rotaries lately and came across a Stigma Hyper V2 on eBay, which arrives tomorrow.
A colleague of mine has 2 and I liked using his - but I'm concerned that the one I've bought is different to his.
It's adjustable, so it's a V2, but did they make different versions???
The top of the one hasn't got the big "hole" or the plastic screws on either side.

We're there any copies made of this machine? I tried looking for older model pics to confirm but can only find the latest ones.

Does anybody have an earlier version ?

I'll post a pic when it arrives.

Administrator
11-22-2011, 04:08 PM
The big plastic screws may have been added later as a solution for rubber band saddles. Arte from stigma checks in from time to time on here. I will see if I can dig up his email and send him the link to this thread as he would probably be able to answer your question.

Baldrick
11-22-2011, 04:15 PM
The big plastic screws may have been added later as a solution for rubber band saddles. Arte from stigma checks in from time to time on here. I will see if I can dig up his email and send him the link to this thread as he would probably be able to answer your question.

That would be great, I'll get the serial number off it tomorrow to see what it is - I'm just concerned it a fake - but I haven't read about any clones

OwlsDen
11-22-2011, 04:18 PM
I don't thing any copies have serial numbers. If you have a serial number that looks legit it most likely is.

Baldrick
11-22-2011, 04:24 PM
I don't thing any copies have serial numbers. If you have a serial number that looks legit it most likely is.

I hope so :) its only the top "cover" that looks different - all other parts look the same as the V2 pics I can find.
I'll know more tomorrow when I get to work.

Baldrick
11-22-2011, 04:27 PM
I'll put some pics up too

Baldrick
11-22-2011, 04:39 PM

I've searched for clones of the hyper- but didn't find anything - do you know or any? & what name there under?

Administrator
11-22-2011, 04:44 PM
I think the closest thing to copy of stigma (not the hyper) was that Salamander/Mantis thing.

JohnnyChaos
11-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Didn't the early V2's have the adjustment screw as a separate piece.. can't remember what the top part looked like though.

Baldrick
11-23-2011, 05:06 AM
here the pics - just need to find out exactly what model this is

JohnnyChaos
11-23-2011, 08:17 AM
definitely looks like an early v2.
bit more of a v1 style top to it.

Baldrick
11-24-2011, 02:58 AM
Anybody have any pics of the version 1 hyper?

Or better still anybody got one like this already?

arte
11-24-2011, 08:51 AM
HI BALDRICK,

THIS IS ARTEMIS FROM STIGMA, THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STIGMA HYPER WE MADE ONLY 200 PIECES OF THESE VERSION , IT IS NOT AN HYPER V2 BUT IT IS OUR FIRST ADJUSTABLE HYPER ,AFTER THIS WE CAME WITH THE V2 . WE DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THE CONDITION OF THIS MACHINE BUT IF YOU LIKE WE CAN UPGRADE IT FOR FREE AND MAKE IT LIKE A NEW ONE , YOU JUST PAY FOR THE SHIPPING COSTS.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED JUST EMAIL US . [email protected]

ARTEMIS
ARTEMIS

Ta2GeezerUK
11-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Wow! Cant get a better offer than that!

OwlsDen
11-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Now, that is dedication to customer service!! Damn! I would keep it like it is. Only 200 made. But maybe send it to them to once it over and make sure that everything is tip top. Hats off to stigma.

Barren
11-24-2011, 10:57 AM
you gotta love that, well done stigma !!

Baldrick
11-24-2011, 12:33 PM
HI BALDRICK,

THIS IS ARTEMIS FROM STIGMA, THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STIGMA HYPER WE MADE ONLY 200 PIECES OF THESE VERSION , IT IS NOT AN HYPER V2 BUT IT IS OUR FIRST ADJUSTABLE HYPER ,AFTER THIS WE CAME WITH THE V2 . WE DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THE CONDITION OF THIS MACHINE BUT IF YOU LIKE WE CAN UPGRADE IT FOR FREE AND MAKE IT LIKE A NEW ONE , YOU JUST PAY FOR THE SHIPPING COSTS.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED JUST EMAIL US . [email protected]

ARTEMIS
ARTEMIS

Thanks Arte, Seeing as it a very limited machine - it would be a shame to upgrade it to a full V2 but a service maybe a good idea - I'll give it some thought, but I will be in touch.
Thats what I call customer service and then some - big smile on my face right now, I was worried I'd been sold a fake haha result

arte
11-25-2011, 12:25 PM
Hi baldrick,

this is artemis from stigma again,
you are welcome , just keep in mind that the new hypers run better than older ones. If you ever decide to upgrade it just email ,thanks

Baldrick
11-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Hi baldrick,

this is artemis from stigma again,
you are welcome , just keep in mind that the new hypers run better than older ones. If you ever decide to upgrade it just email ,thanks

Artemis, I have emailed you, many thanks Simon

Baldrick
01-03-2012, 02:35 PM
I feel I must let everybody on here know what happened with my limited hyper machine, I tried it as it was, but decided to return to Stigma for the upgrade and service as discussed. The reason I decided to do this was the first adjustable hyper was very noisy and "rattley" on the top end compared to the newer V2's we have in the studio.
ARTEMIS and PETRA at Stigma were fantastic, the service was second to none !!!!

Today the machine was returned, upgraded to the very latest spec as the Hyper V2, what a difference it made, it's now super quiet and runs smooth.
I've used it all day today, lining and colouring - took a little time to get used to to push larger lining needles but once I slower down - its a great all round machine, but we all know that already.

It's good to see that the changes they made from the earlier models really makes a difference.

I'm now thinking about buying a Bizarre V2 :)

At the same time I sent a co workers Hyper V2 for a service - it needed some bearings, but it's now running like new again.

Again I can't thank Artemis and Petra enough - first class, many thanks.

Justink
01-03-2012, 03:51 PM
anyone using v1 hypers?

Dreviltattoo
01-03-2012, 11:30 PM
here the pics - just need to find out exactly what model this isthat's the earliest version i have seen. i had 2 of them with the thumbscrew for adjustable give. mine had the adjustable plastic screws on both sides of the armature to adjust the play. this looks like an earlier original v.2 version to me. i know they changed the thumb screw later to need a hex key which sux. great machines though; i'm sure you'll enjoy it.

elbo
01-12-2012, 12:31 PM
I have to say stigma are great when it comes to repairs....im even looking at buying a bizarre v2 myself....

Baldrick
01-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Yeah top stuff from them - I'm after a bizarre next too now.

OwlsDen
01-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Off topic a little, but speaking of old stigmas. Did they used to make a Swiss clone? I saw a very strange Swiss style machine with an abar kind of x shaped and labeled stigma. I almost bought it but I wasn't sure if it was an old stigma. I googled and found nada. Never ever seen in before. Sorry for the high jack, I just thought it might belong here kinda.

elbo
01-13-2012, 03:14 PM
they certainly did....there were a couple for sale on ebay a while back....

OwlsDen
01-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Damn I should have grabbed it. I think it was going for about 100€ and it was a funky purple color.

machineboy80
01-13-2012, 03:27 PM
mmm it looks like the first model of the hyper this one is of the same year as the revolver and the boodoo stigmas if im nat mistaking i had one of this they are 2000 or 2003 models bro interesting mmmm

machineboy80
01-13-2012, 03:34 PM
mmm ok man this is one of the very first models of the hyper this model came out with the others model like revolver and the voodoo stigma this is made in 2002-2003 model i had one and i gat stolen they came only in tw colors black ,and red or comple black dope men this model is good for soft shiding or liner

DavidEngbaek
01-13-2012, 04:20 PM
this is picture of mine...the original box doesnt say V2..just hyper.
there is not near as much adjust ability as the Dragonfly.6762