PDA

View Full Version : Bishop rotary info

joelhague
11-23-2011, 04:43 PM
mine arrived yesterday , came with 3 little samples of super lube, and says inside the box: for instructions on lubrication and to order more, visit the website. no where on the site could i find where to order more of the super lube , and no instruction page on how to use it on the machine... or how much? do I use one entire small tueb that came on the machine? seems like a lot... not sure how i would get it all in there. if you could give me some info franco it would be great , used the bishop with a 9 semi tight liner last night and put them in smooooth as butta cant wait to get another

I did find this info on voltages on there new site that is being built maybe helpfull to some as i was running it pretty low before i found this.

USING A ROTARY

By adjusting the voltage of the Bishop, you can achieve the right speed to enable the best results for:

Solid & creamy color
The softest black & grey work
Solid black lining work

Being that the rotary machines differ from coil machines there is an obvious shift that must occur in the transition from heavy coils to “The Bishop” to be assured that you will be one of the many that have crossed over, you must do many tattoos with the Bishop Rotary and follow our voltage guidelines.
BUILT IN “GIVE ” SPRING.
By adjusting the speed of the machine through the volts you can make the machine hit harder or softer and the benefit is that you can adjust the give by your hand speed, hand stroke and hand pressure and of course the voltage. THIS IS THE MOSE ACCURATE AND ORGANIC WAY TO HAVE “GIVE”
FOR SOLID COLOR:
use between 8.5-9.5 volts (note: glance between these volts and find the speed that most works with your unique hand speed and once you discover the right connection, you will be a customer for life).
FOR BLACK AND GREY WORK:
use between 9.5-10 volts (note: due to the very consistent hit of this machine, the lightest greys are pushed deeps into the epidermis of the skin ensuring that when the tattoo heals, you wont lose that light grey that is often hard to keep).
FOR PRECISION LINING:
use between 10.5-11 volts (note: you must stretch skin a little more than normal to ensure proper line work and you will see how solid and consistent the Bishop puts lines in).

joelhague
11-23-2011, 04:45 PM
another important tip i learned off the site is use a rubber nipple not paper towel or hard plastic , to allow for a bit of "self give" that way you can get used to one feeling and stick with it

JayFatInk
11-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Good stuff...I love my bishop..

gangstajay
11-23-2011, 06:14 PM
cool shit

Administrator
11-23-2011, 07:12 PM
another important tip i learned off the site is use a rubber nipple not paper towel or hard plastic , to allow for a bit of "self give" that way you can get used to one feeling and stick with it

Since you are in Vancouver you might want to check out goodguy supply for the by the foot silicone tubing. Its really soft!

joelhague
11-24-2011, 12:17 AM
ok so this is my first machine with a needle clip instead of bands, i guess you HAVE to bend your needlebars eh? i never did before as my artist doesnt do it ... but today i was like wtf is up with my machine and it was my mag floppin around in the tube the clip doesnt really hold it secure without this bend? correct me if im doing something wrong? didnt notice it at first as i was using a round tube that kept the liner pretty snug

and hey ya thanks for the tip i will check out the tubing i saw that in another post somewhere

Administrator
11-24-2011, 12:22 AM
If you are in the US check Lucky Supply but good guy is not far from you. You can probably find the same stuff at a hobby store (I thinks its a 5mm OD/2mm ID) as well but if you just wanna take the tubing for a test drive its good to order some from one of these suppliers as it would be turn key and its cheap as chips.

joelhague
11-24-2011, 12:28 AM
sweet ill order some of that up, .... anyone know about my prevoius question,... does bishop / neo tat require a bend in the needlebar to keep the needle in the back of the tube , i think i already know the answer is yes i just want to confirm this with others who use the bishop

Alie K
11-24-2011, 12:37 AM
ok so this is my first machine with a needle clip instead of bands, i guess you HAVE to bend your needlebars eh? i never did before as my artist doesnt do it ... but today i was like wtf is up with my machine and it was my mag floppin around in the tube the clip doesnt really hold it secure without this bend? correct me if im doing something wrong? didnt notice it at first as i was using a round tube that kept the liner pretty snug

and hey ya thanks for the tip i will check out the tubing i saw that in another post somewhere

First, make sure your needle wasn't in there upside down by accident. Sometimes I do that, and my needle flops around. You shouldn't need to bend the needle like you would with a coil machine. If you bend it at all, just a very slight bend closer to the needles than in the middle should work.

Sometimes the types of disposable tubes you use can also have an effect. I find that with some of them, I have to put my needles in upside-down (with the bar on the bottom) and use a slight bend the opposite way I usually do it. Otherwise, the needles sit funny towards the top of the tube.

turnrock
11-24-2011, 01:05 AM
If you are in the US check Lucky Supply but good guy is not far from you. You can probably find the same stuff at a hobby store (I thinks its a 5mm OD/2mm ID) as well but if you just wanna take the tubing for a test drive its good to order some from one of these suppliers as it would be turn key and its cheap as chips.
word on the street is luckysupply gets their “rc fuel line" made to their specs from the manufacturer and the stuff you get at a hobby shop could be harder or softer

joelhague
11-24-2011, 01:42 AM
I always make sure its in correctly, needles on the bottom, im not sure there might be a problem with my bishop then because i just tried it with like 4 dif needles and tubes, and no matter what , without the bend on the needle bar, the needle flops around, like when i pull the mag backwards it lifts right out of the back of the tube and stays lifted does not snap back to the back of the tube, with the bend it works fine... the other thing i noticed is the needle is not dead centre in the middle of the tube... if you look at the machine from the front it is centered front to back , but on the left to right it is slightly to the left , not dead centre :S and i tried this with several new needles thinking maybe the bend i put it in made it like this but its def not the bend everyone sat the same way...

joelhague
11-24-2011, 01:43 AM
i just find it odd you dont have the same problem and need to use a bend :S makes me wonder about my machine

Alie K
11-24-2011, 02:10 AM
Well, I don't own a Bishop - my Neotats are the only machines I have with a clip. Have you tried contacting Franco? He aims to please, and if you send him a message with your concerns, he may tell you to send the machine back to him for repair or for replacement if there is a need for that. Try sending an email through Francovescovi.com - he may get back faster to you that way.

joelhague
11-24-2011, 02:14 AM
thanks Allie you have helped a lot, I'm going to use it a few more times and get a better feel for it im sure its fine. just something new to get used to, first time i havent had to reach into my elastic jar :P

turnrock
11-24-2011, 02:37 AM
you have to bend the needle to be at the back of the tube with the bishop or it will rub towards the front and you gotta give it a good push for it to click into the needle clip..maybe you didnt pop it in?

joelhague
11-24-2011, 02:52 AM
thank you turnrock i knew it must need that bend!, and its def in the clip proporly clicks in and out,... but ya , bend is a must i think

JayFatInk
11-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Yeah i have to bend mine or i have the same prob...it only takes a little and it's perfect...

G.Graves
11-25-2011, 05:22 AM
A slight bend helps keep the needle at the tip stay flush with the tip. It's more torwards the needles. I hate it when the needle are not sitting down. I know with the neo's I don't need to bend it to hold my needle correctly, I only do it to direct the needles to stay flush on the bottom of the tip.
I can't wait to get a bishop!

FRANCO VESCOVI
12-15-2011, 11:54 PM

Yes you always want to bend your needles as to make them ride snug n fit and allows that precision linear movement and prevent splattering!!

FRANCO VESCOVI
12-15-2011, 11:58 PM
I always make sure its in correctly, needles on the bottom, im not sure there might be a problem with my bishop then because i just tried it with like 4 dif needles and tubes, and no matter what , without the bend on the needle bar, the needle flops around, like when i pull the mag backwards it lifts right out of the back of the tube and stays lifted does not snap back to the back of the tube, with the bend it works fine... the other thing i noticed is the needle is not dead centre in the middle of the tube... if you look at the machine from the front it is centered front to back , but on the left to right it is slightly to the left , not dead centre :S and i tried this with several new needles thinking maybe the bend i put it in made it like this but its def not the bend everyone sat the same way...

One thing to consicer is that the bend is mandatory since the needle cliop holds it in place you have to slightly bend the needle bar and also slightly bend the needle also. This is the best way to ensure that it will ride smooth even if the tube is slightly bent.