PDA

View Full Version : Nedz Medium Stroke Machine

Bishopbyname
11-27-2011, 06:58 AM
So, after having kept a close eye on the progress and reviews of this machine i decided to go ahead and purchase a slate coloured medium stroke version. I got it at a discount which Ed is offering to all forum members which i think is very generous of him.

The machine came within 3 days of me buying it and came well packaged and in it's own case with instructions, a full set of colour coded springs AND a free RCA cable, nice little touch there Ed!

At first glance i thought the machine looked well built and the design is very well thought out. I got to use it yesterday for a few hours and here's my first thoughts; It's very well balanced and feels great in the hand, It's not the quiestest machine on the market but also not the loudest. It goes from pretty quiet at 4v to pretty loud at 5v. The only problem i had was that the measurement between the tube vice and needle pin is a lot bigger than my other rotaries. I had to adjust my tubes to accomodate this, not a major issue but still an inconvenience. The action is smooth and i could tell straight away it was going to make a great shader. I used the spring it came with which i'm assuming was white as that was the colour that was missing in the spring bag. I started the machine at 4v and increased it to 4.3v, it needed a kick start to get going but that wasn't a problem. It shades extremely well, as well as my Treasure Chest and Neo Tat Vivace which are my favourite shaders. Without adjusting the voltage or spring i then coloured with it for 3 hours, and it seemed to pack very well indeed. I'll obviously need to see the healed result to know how it truly performed. First impressions are very positive, i'm looking forward to getting more hours under my belt with it next week. Respect goes to Ed for designing and building a great little machine! :)

Bishopbyname
12-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Update: i've used this machine all week and there's a problem. I wish i had 2! :) I'm using the medium stroke with the red spring and it lines better than any other machine i've used! I lined an eagle backpiece in just over an hour with it!!!! Then to test it i did a bit of shading with a 15mg bugpin and i could get shades from solid black to very soft and light using just solid black. Love the balance of the machine too. I'll definitely be ordering a 2nd one in the new year! 2 thumbs up!

tugg
12-05-2011, 06:37 PM
they're good aren't they. what voltage are you using for black and grey ?.I've mainly used mine for lining

chris-in-cali
12-05-2011, 07:08 PM
cool man...thanks for taking the time to write a great review.

wouls pick one up now if the chance presents itself.