PDA

View Full Version : hello

sneekers
12-14-2010, 04:28 AM
hi all,been using rotarys since i started5years ago,ive been using stealth L/S and S/S and also have the Ronnie starr.Ive been looking into buying the swashdrive 7 and never really considered the Neotat till i started reading some of the (threads?),seems most people on here have at least 1!(can only be a good sign)anyhow im gonna stop rambling,for a while at least :) nice to meet you all.

gangstajay
12-14-2010, 12:49 PM
welcome..lot of good peps on here..post up some work

slicksteel
12-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Hi there! How is that ronniestar rotary i was thinking of buying one is it worth the money and how does it run?

gangstajay
12-14-2010, 01:20 PM
I justed looked his machine's up..cool sesign he has going..So yes..how does it run? whats the stoke length?

rotaryworks
12-14-2010, 01:43 PM
one of the first rotarys i bought i liked it this was 14 year ago a bit diff to the ones he has now i always think its down to you to adapt to the way the machines work not the other way round if that makes sense you can only buy and try i say but nice machine i think

sneekers
12-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Hi there! How is that ronniestar rotary i was thinking of buying one is it worth the money and how does it run?

Hi,well worth the money!runs real strong and has nice weight,a big difference for me especially using the stealth is the collet I can only use plastic tubes (Scared of over tightening)! and breaking the collet.with the Starr I can use both plastic and steel Which gives a heavier feel (better for me when shading)at £150 it's a steal.

sneekers
12-14-2010, 08:03 PM
hi jay,never had any problems with it,dont know about you but i like to get hands on with the machines(perhaps thats why ive never taken the plunge with a dragonfly or one of the stigmas)looks as though if you dropped one there would be springs and grub screws all over the place! but with the Starr its very solid,runs perfect(no i dont work for them!!) : ) the stroke length is around 3.5 /4 mm,i use it only for shading,as i use the stealth with the short stroke gear for lining.

gangstajay
12-14-2010, 11:39 PM
thanks for the info...it seem like us in the usa are just starting to use the rotarys, where the tat zappers over seas have been at them for years..am I wrong?

sneekers
12-15-2010, 05:53 AM
i was thinking the same thing about you boys!but i reckon the guys in europe have got it nailed,for the moment!theres so much new stuff coming out all the time,an when you have £300 in your claw(hand)its hard knowing where to put it!does make easier when you boys speak the queens English though !! :-)