PDA

View Full Version : The New Spektra Halo 2012

fkirons
11-30-2011, 10:49 PM
Sorry about the shitty pic, I just couldn't wait to post it. The back slider is missing the tension adjusting knob. This is a raw cut of the machine.
We are proud of this 2 years efforts to bring the first american rotary with these many advances. The reason of the delay was to give the best of our research and development.

Lots of improvements and a unique resistance system. Machine strips apart with no tools, easier than earlier proto.
We also made it affordable, as you only need to buy one motor that swaps between the autoclavable bodies. Beautiful polishing and anodizing finish to come in the next days. Machine strips to its bare parts with your hands. Tool-less

By allowing the motor to plug and unplug between bodies we were able to knock down a huge chunk in price. This will also minimize the room on the setup tray and makes the plugging/ unplugging of motor an easy task. Easier than plugging and unplugging the RCA cord. After tattooing simply place the body in a pouch and auto clave. The motor can be bagged with the same RCA sleeve. We called the motor part "MotorBolt" which can be sanitized with your favorite sanitation solution.

More pictures to come soon. Machine will be released for sale around Jan/ Feb. We are under full production now.

OwlsDen
11-30-2011, 11:25 PM
No more needle tensioner?

fkirons
11-30-2011, 11:46 PM
yes is not there and is different. It's auto adjustable. It clamps from the sides (see little holes) it's actually a custom spring that holds a dry bearing. It's also removable in case you need to swap it or want to use rubber bands. Will post soon

OwlsDen
12-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Cool idea, I like removable too. Looks great btw

The Limey
12-01-2011, 12:05 AM
yes is not there and is different. It's auto adjustable. It clamps from the sides (see little holes) it's actually a custom spring that holds a dry bearing. It's also removable in case you need to swap it or want to use rubber bands. Will post soon

Oh I like that Idea! I'm much happier with good old fashioned rubber bands.

merky
12-01-2011, 12:21 AM
so badass,,,,

slicksteel
12-01-2011, 12:49 AM
it looks like you also changed the slider/piston. does this system works as good as the other one -maybe produce both with two price points.I realy liked the first final model.

Administrator
12-01-2011, 01:04 AM
How soon should I change your signature Gaston?

OwlsDen
12-01-2011, 01:36 AM
it looks like you also changed the slider/piston. does this system works as good as the other one -maybe produce both with two price points.I realy liked the first final model.

I agree the first final ( the red one in your sig ) would be a great entry level model. Especially if you could price it low enough that it would not be so close as to cannibalize sales from the other system. I like the simplicity of the first one.

fkirons
12-01-2011, 01:59 AM
This system works better than the other one because this one does not have a piston at all.
It uses a perfectly round slider and the friction is minimal. The vibration is almost null.
Super Silent.

I rather you guys figure it out if you get the machine, than me try to explain it :)
But I would say that we poured the best our knowledge in this machine and I believe we came up
with unique systems even though we didn't invent the wheel.

The first machine was great but I didn't want to release the first one and then this one, because the price wouldn't have made sense
as the other machine we were force to have a motor per machine and the costs of productions were about the same.

Now we've made the machine (body) cheaper and you only need to pay for one motor.
It will be more affordable than most top cats and that was the goal.

I know, the other one looked good, and I have like 15 of them still but this one really kicked the first one in the ass.

Some of the improvements compared to the first version:
- MotorBolt (motor+housing) now releases with 1/4 turn where the other one had 8 turns
- no mater how you plug the motor on this one the bearing will snap in place to propel the slider.
The other one you had to find the slot to make that happen.
- Cheaper setup overall as 1 MotorBolt will power all machine bodies.
- Simpler tensioner. This tensioner can be removed and it doesn't need adjustment as it has the tension of 2 rubber bands preset.
- Finishes. The finishes on this machine are sleeker.
- Size The machine is smaller than the other one
- Less parts and bigger internal parts. The new version has minimal parts and less fragile as the first version.
You needed a hex key to secure the piston to the a bar before, in this new version is fully too less to take Machine body apart for maintenance or repair.
- The stroke wheel on this version is bigger and it's perfectly balance to dump vibration
- The Machine Body is closed all the way on this final version. On the other one it was open all the way through.
Therefore less room for contamination to get in.
- Thicker Guillotine, bigger knob.
- The Needle resistance is control by a knob in the back that moves along with the slider. On the first version it was a set screw and it required a hex key.
- The Slider on this new machine has more weight than first version which it gives a nicer response.
- Less waste goes in the production of this new machine/ faster machining.
- Slicker color combination as the MotorBolt is black and the Machine Body comes in diff colors.
- Uses bigger springs, they'll last longer.

and I'm sure a few other things that made us think hard. :)

fkirons
12-01-2011, 02:01 AM
I agree the first final ( the red one in your sig ) would be a great entry level model. Especially if you could price it low enough that it would not be so close as to cannibalize sales from the other system. I like the simplicity of the first one.
This one runs a lot better. trust me I didn't want to trash a 10k slider mold just like that and hours of work. The other one was actually more expensive to make and to sell.

OwlsDen
12-01-2011, 02:05 AM
Sounds like you thought of everything. I can't wait to see colors.

fkirons
12-01-2011, 02:23 AM
How soon should I change your signature Gaston?
hehehe you can change it now if you want. I made one http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/eyewake/?action=view&current=spektraHalo.jpg

Zapp
12-01-2011, 06:26 AM
I am SPEECHLESS !!!!!!

fkirons
12-01-2011, 10:03 AM
I am SPEECHLESS !!!!!!
Talk!

Zapp
12-01-2011, 10:18 AM
A lot of alterations on the machine what is fantastic !!!!!!!

slicksteel
12-01-2011, 11:51 AM
This one runs a lot better. trust me I didn't want to trash a 10k slider mold just like that and hours of work. The other one was actually more expensive to make and to sell.
Maybe you could produce the first one in limited numbers at the higher price for people that want that model-it does look cherry and looks very well made!
not to say the new model is not great to but hey the more machines we have from you the better!:D

Amoebadesigns
12-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Very nice work and a great idea with the removable motor. Cool stuff!

ASW1485
12-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Man those are nice Gaston, im still even speechless from the coils from eariler in the last couple years but this takes the cake.

merky
12-02-2011, 05:10 AM
what is going to be the price?

fkirons
12-02-2011, 10:45 AM
what is going to be the price?
The frame is Forged and then machined + polished + anodized. I had an initial investment of 30k for tooling/ die so I need to sit down and figure a price out

But I am assuming that machine body will be around $399-475
and MotorBolt around $250 +- Due to devaluation, Maxon doubled the price of the motor we use which it sucks.

Again I want to make this a better deal than anything that comes from europe :)
The idea is that for a setup of 5 machines you are paying around $485 per machine (like our coils) (including one MotorBolt)

Side Note: working on patents of mechanisms we invented and designs. Another chunk of cash.

skarnsink
12-12-2011, 09:13 AM
looks real nice :) maybe santa will come late for me this year !!!!