PDA

View Full Version : Sinner Rotary Tattoo Machine

SinnerTattooMachines
12-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Hi there,

My name is Pedro Paiva, I'm from Portugal.

I have been developing a rotary tattoo machine for the past 2 years, and now that I have something to present, I wanted to share with all the members of this forum.

Please have a look at my facebook page www.facebook.com/SinnerMachines (http://www.facebook.com/SinnerMachines) for some of the features.

Your opinions regarding this rotary machine are welcome!:D

Soon I will have more updates.

OwlsDen
12-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Looks interesting? What is it best at? Is it more of a liner, shader, or color packer?

SinnerTattooMachines
12-03-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm developing a liner, a shader and a color packer.
They will have different configurations, regarding torque and duty cycle, etc...
I know that speaking in duty cycle on a rotary seems strange, but it can be done and I believe that is a major improvement in rotaries.
Please have a look at the features in my facebook page and you will understand.

tugg
12-03-2011, 07:51 PM
.looks promising,so have you any pictures of this machine?

SinnerTattooMachines
12-03-2011, 08:07 PM
We are machining all the parts for testing , but soon I will upload some pics.
As soon as I finish the machine I thought that we could make a list of forum members and I could send one machine to Alie K for testing it for a week or so, and then pass it to another forum member, so everyone could give a review.
Of course I needed some help from Alie K to do this.
What do you guys think?

slicksteel
12-03-2011, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=estigma;22224]We are machining all the parts for testing , but soon I will upload some pics.
As soon as I finish the machine I thought that we could make a list of forum members and I could send one machine to Alie K for testing it for a week or so, and then pass it to another forum member, so everyone could give a review.
What do you guys think?[/QUOTE
That would be realy cool idea i am down to try it for a week ,post a review etc and ship to the next guy.

SinnerTattooMachines
12-03-2011, 08:37 PM
That will not be a problem Slicksteel!

OwlsDen
12-03-2011, 08:59 PM
I would be happy to test it.

SinnerTattooMachines
12-03-2011, 09:10 PM
It would be interesting to have your reviews for sure, and through your feedback I can improve the machine aswell!

Sage Oz
12-04-2011, 12:47 AM
I'm always happy to try new machines and critique them;)

Denner
12-04-2011, 05:12 AM
I'm in :)

tattoosbybill
12-04-2011, 08:06 AM
We are machining all the parts for testing , but soon I will upload some pics.
What do you guys think? I think it's a great idea count me in

tugg
12-04-2011, 08:13 AM
I would think all the forum members would be up for trial ,you better get a few machine out

SinnerTattooMachines
12-04-2011, 08:38 AM
I would think all the forum members would be up for trial ,you better get a few machine out

You are right Tugg!

tugg
12-04-2011, 09:24 AM
with 1200 members each member having it for a week ,if my caculations are correct it will take 24 years for everyone to try it out.

SinnerTattooMachines
12-04-2011, 10:11 AM

Here's a diagram that I made to explain the cycle on a regular rotary.

SinnerTattooMachines
12-04-2011, 11:31 AM
The Sinner Rotary as a complete new concept, combining the efficiency of a coil machine with the consistency of a rotary.

Some of the features:

The duty cycle of Sinner Rotary is something completely new from any other rotary in the market, (less time inside the skin, and more time inside the tube) emulating the downward needle acceleration and power of a coil machine. This provides easy needle penetration as the needle travels faster downwards and with more torque. This kind of cycle eliminates dragging created by a regular circular motion on a regular rotary machine, causing less skin trauma. When the needle travels upwards spends more time inside the tube improving ink flow, creating a bigger efficiency in every stroke.

The slider inside Sinner Rotary is perfectly round causing minimal friction. It's made out of stainless steel, so it has more weight giving a much better response.

Sinner Rotary is CNC machined from blocks of aluminum.

All the components are housed inside.

Anodized finishes.

Sinner Rotary has adjustable give and adjustable stroke.

The stroke can be adjusted from 2 mm to 5 mm.

Sinner Rotary is powered by a high quality Swiss-made 5 Watt Maxon motor to run well and to last longer.

Sinner Rotary as an adjustable needle bar tensioner, so you can avoid rubberbands if you wish.

Both RCA jack and clipcord connections on the machine.

We are working to make a liner, a shader, and a color packer version of Sinner Rotaries with specific configurations.

More info - [email protected]

Alie K
12-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Sounds like a very interesting concept. I am eager to see this new machine. When it is finally developed, have you decided on a price range for it?

Ta2GeezerUK
12-04-2011, 12:38 PM
with 1200 members each member having it for a week ,if my caculations are correct it will take 24 years for everyone to try it out.

Aww Shit Man! .... Was I the last member to get my name down! ...That sucks!! Lmao!

SinnerTattooMachines
12-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Alie, 10 Sinner Rotaries are being machined for testing. It all depends if we need to make some more modifications/adjustments or not. But I think for next January they will be available. About price range we are still figuring production costs.
Alie, what do you think about sending a machine out for testing? Unortunately I cannot send it to all members of the forum,(imagine Ta2GeezerUK waiting 24 years!!!) but we could send it for a few expericienced artists for a solid review to see the pros and cons. Can you help me with that?

Ta2GeezerUK
12-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Hey dont worry about me gettin it . I'll be retired by then. I'm 41 and we retire at 65!! I'll be on a yacht somewhere! ... Anyone want to take my place in this List? :cool:

SinnerTattooMachines
12-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Hehe!!! I love British Humor! Missing it aswell! I lived in England for about 3 years, that's why I'm talking about this. But it's nice to see that you are willing to give your place to another one! :)

Ta2GeezerUK
12-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Hehe!!! I love British Humor! Missing it aswell! I lived in England for about 3 years, that's why I'm talking about this. But it's nice to see that you are willing to give your place to another one! :)

The Humour Here is good indeed! And as a Martyr for the greater good I will let someone else take my place! But!! .. If they drop out for any reason give us a call in the year 2035! ... I may decide to just hang in there for another 2 weeks or so! :D

SinnerTattooMachines
12-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Priceless!!! You've made my day!

punkangel
12-04-2011, 06:21 PM
I am very interested to see how this pans out, Cuz i know i will just wanna buy one! whats the apr on 24 years?

SinnerTattooMachines
12-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi Punkangel, I have no clue! ;) but thanks for your interest!

punkangel
12-05-2011, 01:47 PM
lol just put me down for one after testin sure they are gonna be great!

SinnerTattooMachines
12-06-2011, 04:57 AM
I will keep you guys updated.

SinnerTattooMachines
12-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Here's Some pics.

biggboy
12-17-2011, 06:18 AM
that looks more like a concept rendering of the machine,any real photos of the machine being tested???

gangstajay
12-31-2011, 07:13 PM
shit Iam down for sure as well..get with alie and set it up

SinnerTattooMachines
02-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi guys, here's some photos of the prototype.
Lots of testing on this machine, we may change the design a little, but for now we are just testing the concept.
I'm very happy whith the give system so far, and with the performance aswell, it puts ink fast and easily, I've noticed a big difference comparing to other rotarys that I have used.
Soon I will post some more info.
If you guys have some question, please ask, I will do my best to answer you.
Thanks

Pedro

slicksteel
02-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Looks good so far -i like the clean lines of it -easy to wipe down.what is the weight on this proto?

SinnerTattooMachines
02-15-2012, 05:13 PM
I never get to weigth it yet because I may change some of the design, but it's not a super light machine (nor a super heavy one:cool:).
The motor is a Maxon 22mm, 5 watt power, so just the motor itself is heavier than those with a smaller diameter.

About the performance, my last tattoo with this machine took around 5 hours to do and I noticed a big difference in time versus work done. Usually a work that would have taken 6, 7 hours to complete, took only 5.
I like the way it performes, because even if you are running it slow, it penetrates the skin really well and you can line really slow if you want without any effort, comparing to some rotarys that I have used, in order to line, you have to run the machine a lot faster or you dont have that punch that you have in a coil.
Anyway, lots of work and testing yet to come with this machine.:)

darkness
01-20-2013, 01:15 PM
any news for this rotary ??

MickWrath
01-20-2013, 05:38 PM
I talked to him about 3 weeks ago and he said its still in testing right now, it's good he is doing all the field work first before releasing it so he can get it refined and work out any potential problems or bugs. Mick-

vodu
01-20-2013, 07:11 PM
You can put me on the test list if you want, i know i'm in the end of line but i still have hope everyone on the list goes to a train trip and the train falls off a cliff.:) e é bom ter alguém com a mesma lingua materna pra dar feedback... Hehe

Enviado de meu GT-I9100 usando o Tapatalk 2

Vinoshitto
01-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Reading about this machine makes me excited as shit!

You said that you can change the stroke and give, but how? It looks so clean and I cant find a screw, knob or anything by the look of the pics. Is it on the back!? :S

Any updates on it?

Alie K, have you recieved the machine yet?

SinnerTattooMachines
06-01-2013, 04:35 AM
Hi Guys,
Some updates on Sinner Rotary.
Right now, I'm testing this machine.
I'm running some maxon motors at the moment to see how they perform.
I'm also trying some mabuchi and comparing with maxons.

If some of you have some sugestions, builders, I'm any help is appreciated.

I'm working on refining everything, but I must tell that the machine will look alot diferent from the pictures.
Since then, I've found new ways of doing things, so I went back to the drawing board.
Now I'm running some prototypes to decide which system is better.
I'm also testing a practical way to adjust the stroke. Right now, the stroke goes from 2,5 mm to 5.5mm.
But lots of testing is going on, to see how the machine and motor behaves with diferent strokes.
As you guys now, a longer stoke forces the motor alot more.
Lets see how things go.
What I can tell you, from the tests that were done is, you can line really slow without effort.
It's a really different hit, from any rotary out there.

Take care

Pedro

stevencash1
06-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Yes it looks very promising and I would like to give it a test run to see how it goes.