PDA

View Full Version : Swissmade rotarys

sneekers
12-14-2010, 08:31 PM
i believe the Swissmade rotarys use maxon motors? if so,is there any1 on here that knows which(motor) model number is used?cheers in advanced;)

Administrator
12-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Maxon makes a lot of different motors and if you are hoping to put a maxon in your stealth you may have a problem. The Stealth last I remember takes a flat can motor? The majority of the Maxon motors are not flat on the sides so it would not just be plug and play.

http://www.worldwidetattoo.com/english/showimage/762.jpg&width=163?type=product&loc=products%2F762.jpg&width=163 http://greenwaybrass.com/img_ts/ts-motor-maxon-a-max.jpg

slicksteel
12-15-2010, 12:45 AM
I had this machine and only sold it because i needed the money. you could replace the motor with a maxon and but stealth bearing on it.the frame was well made and sturdy.they go for 30 to 35 out the door.

Administrator
12-15-2010, 12:50 AM
I have seen a few of these, some with varying degrees of quality control in the assembly. Have also seen some of these modded a la shagbuilt cannister style with a tattoo spring anf the front half chopped off.

Also look for Faulhaber motors if you want Swiss/German made stuff if you cant find a Maxon to fit.

sneekers
12-15-2010, 04:33 AM
thanks for the tips!i kinda figured they wouldnt fit.i keep toying with the idea of buying some cheap stealth copy and trying my hand at modding it.

Dan Kubin
12-15-2010, 11:21 AM
I think the stealth motor works pretty alright.
I bought a $17 stealth knockoff that sucked, but the stealth motor seems legit to me.
The motor in the swiss machine is custom made by Maxon for them. You can get a replacement motor from the swiss rotary company for $150..which is about the going rate for Maxon's stock motors anyways.

slicksteel
12-15-2010, 12:36 PM
you can also buy motors from stigma

Administrator
12-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Sigma "Fly" motors are flat can and may fit. You would need to get the dimensions with the case they fit in as well. Eikon has them for 150$ but they are currently out of stock on everything Stigma.

phatmountain
12-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Anyone got a website for the Maxon or any other moter companies. Maybe Stealth motors?

The Limey
12-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Anyone got a website for the Maxon or any other moter companies. Maybe Stealth motors?

Maxon USA (http://www.maxonmotorusa.com/)

sneekers
12-15-2010, 02:44 PM

yeah maxon uk and maxon us,but the amount of motors they have on there products page is massive!pretty good prices though i was shocked,im not that clued up on the whole brushed non brushed motors??

The Limey
12-15-2010, 03:04 PM
yeah maxon uk and maxon us,but the amount of motors they have on there products page is massive!pretty good prices though i was shocked,im not that clued up on the whole brushed non brushed motors??

I'd give them a call, their motors are already used in several tattoo machines so I'm sure they'd be able to help you or point you in the right direction.

phatmountain
12-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Thanks The Limey. I'll be sure to give them a call.

tat2carson
07-02-2012, 05:42 PM
You can goto www.inmachines.com and order a motor for 74 euros that's about 94 dollars and i think it comes with the chip on the back so you can't run the motor backwards.