PDA

View Full Version : New to site & new to rotaries!

TLCtattoo
12-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Hi there, I'm Tracey and I'm new to the site. I've been tattooing nearly 4 years & I'm based in Kent, UK. I've yet to take the plunge & get myself a rotary machine but I'm really interested in getting one - I joined the site to read what people had to say about the various types but as yet haven't made up my mind between the Swashdrive Whip, Dragonfly and Cheyenne Hawk.

All thoughts and comments welcome to help me make up my mind!! :confused:

slicksteel
12-06-2011, 04:44 PM
get a nedz they are sold there for a great price and a very nice machine can do everything with ease can be made to hit hard like a neo or soft like a dragonfly.

OwlsDen
12-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Welcome to the board. I would say the first thing is to decide what you want your rotary to do. Each machine seams to have it's strength. I would say start with a needle grouping and a function and ask that. Say for instance a color packer for 7-11 mags my treasure chest set to medium throw is perfect for me. Where my Neo Tat is good for lining with a 5-7 round liner. Granted this is my opinion and everyone likes a certain thing. I have used a swash before and liked it a lot for grey wash, but to be honest.. That was all I got to use it for.

tatu richie
12-06-2011, 06:54 PM
i have two nedz and gotta say they r very easy to work with..

OwlsDen
12-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Man I keep hearing that about Nedz. I was thinking about one of Dan's machines but I may have to consider Nedz. Anyone have a comparison to the Bedz and the Treasure Chest? I think they look a little bit alike.

TLCtattoo
12-07-2011, 04:26 AM
I guess it's unrealistic to hope that one of them is a good all rounder?!

I like the idea of a super light/manoeuvrable machine which requires minimal adjustments, it would be reasonable to assume I'd need a couple of different ones to achieve different results but I guess I need something thats a good introduction?! I also like the idea of the dragonfly that doesn't need elastic bands!!

wildboy
12-07-2011, 04:49 AM
The new Nedz will have a needle tensioner like the Dragonfly... The Nedz is a great machine you can tune it to anywhere you want it its easy to get the result you want with the machine. The only downside is the missing stay up spring.

The Dragonfly is an excellent machine too its really fun to work with the downside for my personal liking is that its too light... For me it feels like you have to compensate the missing weight by adding pressure to line with it.

Most rotaries are good for shading and colouring you can get used to everything anyways but finding a substitute for a liner is difficult. But for an allrounder Id give the Nedz a shot.

Magnu
12-07-2011, 06:59 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum

Mr.Taboo
12-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Welcome aboard .

tatu richie
12-07-2011, 11:42 AM
owlsden, i would deff consider one of dans machines for sure, super dope, one of my artists just got one and damn that thing really does what it needs to do, very consistent