PDA

View Full Version : Noisy dragonfly

andro
12-09-2011, 04:11 AM
This is an issue is been covered but I thought I add my 5 cents worth of experience.
I start to work only with rotary a bit over 9 years ago and with only the dragonfly over a year ago.
I noticed like everybody else that own one that after few months of use keep getting louder.no matter of which needle get used .
So I try to find a solution .
This is what I ve done :
- take the cap off and unscrew the give adjustment until u can take the spring off
- take off the piston as well ( after unscrewing the grub inside it )
- take off the little rubber dampening noise thingy ( all mine were broken )
- clean everything with alcohol
- I replace my rubber with a new one ( but a black one from a hardware store ) .
Is slightly stiffer but dampen the noyse much better
- replace the rubber inside the piston housing
- I used silicone grease lube inside a syringe and fill the hole inside the rubber and a bit around it with it
- use a bit of the same grease around the piston and put the machine back as It was previously
- use a bit of grease inside the oval window where u can see the outer case of the piston
- normal service ( a bit of oil on the 4 corner when the piston is pushed down close to the dampening adjustment as explained in the manual ) .
- run it for 3 min at 12 volts
- clean .

Now is better than new . Work perfectly and is nearly noiseless .

Hope this help somebody .

Keep up the good job

pert
12-09-2011, 04:15 AM
GREAT STUFF......its good that folk take time to help others.
who get the same problems with their machines....easy fixes are always appreciated....!
good you took time to help others...

turnrock
12-09-2011, 06:29 AM
i noticed mine get louder after i oiled it so i cleaned it all out and only use the super lube grease now

tattoosteve
12-16-2011, 12:48 PM
i noticed mine get louder after i oiled it so i cleaned it all out and only use the super lube grease now
What brand lube?

Mr.Taboo
12-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Super Lube (http://www.eikondevice.com/product/15443)