PDA

View Full Version : Single session half sleeve cover up, done with Swashes

spoonertattoos
12-09-2011, 05:10 AM
took about 7 hours.

Open to your complements and criticisms. First time I really did anything traditional like this. It was a lot of fun.

http://jspooner.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/screen-shot-2011-12-08-at-10-45-59-pm.png

robinTS
12-10-2011, 10:20 AM
well done.
wich blue you have used for cover that borneo scorpion ?
or you put some black aswell?
thanks.
and again ,very good job there.

OwlsDen
12-10-2011, 11:46 AM
I like it. It has just enough exaggerated cartoon quality to it, to make it stand out from the crowd. Well done

tattooedjim
12-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Hey spooner are you done with this piece??? If I can make a sugjestion? More line weight will help this a bit, and then more black in your rose, with a splash of color behind the image in other areas will give it a bit more depth and still stay in the traditional realm.

spoonertattoos
12-11-2011, 05:20 AM
Thanks guys. I was hoping to get some kind of feed back as its the first thing Ive ever done in this style.
Robin - I used black from the majority of it blu I blended in intenze marios blue into eternal baby blue I think.
Jim - While I am "done"with this piece I told him I reserve the right to put another hour in, haha. I think we'll end up doing a whole tradional-ish sleeve so I can certainly go back in to add some stuff. The splash of color I agree with I was thinking Maybe some orange would do the trick. What do you think? And where would you add the line weight? All around the whole thing? Specifics would totally be appreciated .

thanks again.

OwlsDen
12-11-2011, 08:18 AM
I would say heavier line weight around the back and bottom of the head. I wouldn't go around the front and mouth too much. Too heavy of a line clutters details, granted my opinion. If you make the lines on the roses heavier, I would just do the outside and leave the internal lines as they are.

spoonertattoos
12-12-2011, 01:57 AM
fair enough. thanks