PDA

View Full Version : stealth tube-vise probloms

Jcboy
12-10-2011, 05:05 PM
these are nice replacements your your factory chuck system on your stealth style rotary machines.

being sold on eBay now.....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150714727274?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

ckjr
12-10-2011, 05:54 PM
I made one a while back, I never thought any one would be interested in it. Since I dont use my stealths any more I never thought anything of it. I also made another one so you keep the guillotine style.

vsprotoss
12-13-2011, 01:16 AM
Stealths are no good. Why even come out with products to suppor them? Bunch of hacks.

tattoosteve
12-16-2011, 12:47 PM
I don't mind my stealth for what it cost. I'm surprised worldwide hasn't forced that auction off ebay for using the stealth name.

OwlsDen
12-17-2011, 04:49 AM
When your product is already a copy of another machine ( stealth is a blatant copy of the Swiss machine ) you probobaly shouldn't make waves as your own product could be thrown off eBay. I imagine worldwide knows better.

biggboy
12-17-2011, 06:10 AM
i havent had a problem with my stealth,and i dont xpect them to last forever,i would say its a good machine for the price.there are others i am lookin into.but for now the stealth is what i have been using.

The Limey
12-17-2011, 06:23 AM
Being a klutz I dropped my stealth and bent the vice plate right where it joins the frame and could never get the geometry quite right after so this would have been useful although as I've since tried a lot of different rotaries I'd rather take the cash and invest in a better machine than upgrade a stealth.

Jcboy
12-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Stealths are no good. Why even come out with products to suppor them? Bunch of hacks.
WOW, i'm surprised some of you didn't load up in your pick-up trucks, stop over to pick up "Rock Lee"(manager of worldwide tattoo supply)
and come over to "put the boots to me medium style" lol

this really wasn't a debate over the stealth's reputation (or lack of)
just trying to get my stuff out there too.
obviously i don't mind the stealth machine. i think it is fine for the price. just needs a little tweaking.

so if your opinion comes with an insult you can keep them both!

Gabetexas
02-08-2012, 01:10 AM
I think i want one!

slicksteel
02-08-2012, 01:18 PM
I dont think the stealths are bad for the money-they can get the gob done with small liners/shaders just fine-it is a pretty close rip-off thoe of the real swiss, but I like have posted already the swiss was nothing new ,this style of machine has been made by tattooers out of there workshops in canada and the uk for years were rotarys have been used long before the usa jumped on board.Alie has done some very nice work with them if you look at her pics folder on here.So the machine can do good work and i have seen plenty of other top notch artist that can make magic with it to.

Deakon
02-08-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm pretty sure dan kubin makes replacement stealth vices too.

OwlsDen
02-08-2012, 03:33 PM
I think the ones from unimax will work too. Not 100% certain but it may be worth a look