PDA

View Full Version : New bishop rotary......the capo!! Almost here!

FRANCO VESCOVI
12-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Ok folks, here are a few quick snap shots of the new bishop CAPO. This machine is made with blood, sweat and tears. Literally!!! Lots of time and money sacrificed and I must say I am very excited of the outcome. To answer a few questions I will start by saying I am using Maxon motors in all of my machines and instead of substantially raising the price according to the cost of the Maxon motor, I have decided to just bump the cost up from $375 to $395 and therefore lower my profit margin but I feel that having my price to be under $400 bucks is really important and affordable to my loyal customers and future customers. This enclosed slide is awesome and there are no screw holes anywhere on the front, sides, back or top. Just one on the bottom.

the slide has reliefs along the sides for easier lubrication and I am offering the first ever soft hitting slide that you can purchase for $40 bucks so that you can have both hard hitting and soft. What I mean by this is that I will have a separate slide that rides on a certain spring tension that is impregnated in the slide and ISNT ADJUSTABLE. It stays the same soft hit and is a wonderful experience to do soft black and grey with as it doesn't need to be any softer.

I must clarify that I will never make an adjustable rotary machine as I dont think they have any real benefits other than possible bad habits that may form. I feel that the hit must stay consistent at all times, wether its a soft hit or hard hit. This way you can get the "feel" for your rotary and keep that feeling. After all, tattooing is mainly based off of intuition and feeling, so keeping a consistent hit will enable a consistent feeling and this theory gets manifested more properly.

Its also lighter than the current Bishop and thinner by almost 20% so you guys will really be impressed with the ergonomics of the machine. If there are any questions please feel free to contact me by email. [email protected] and thank you all for any support you may have given not just myself, but all of us tattoo artist/machine builders as we all work many nights sacrificing a lot of time with our family and friends to bring a better product to you.

Respectfully, Franco

FRANCO VESCOVI
12-16-2011, 12:35 AM
Also I want to let everyone know that I am offering an upgrade to all existing Bishop Owners. I am selling the new Maxon motor with a new backplate (RCA or Clipcord) as well as a new cam and bearing. The cost is $60.00 USD plus shipping or 2 for $55.00 USD each. All you need to do is pop out the old motor and backplate and pop in the new one. We also arre including 2 spare springs and extra lube. This new motor seems to outline a bit faster and with a bit more of a punch as well as performing overall better. My goal is that everyone gets the new motor so that it will be consistant with the new Bishop CAPO so I have made it very affordable considering that the retail value of my motor is $78.00 USD if you were to go directly to Maxon..

Call us at 949.916.1054 or email us at [email protected]

schlick
12-16-2011, 01:00 AM
dope, can't wait to grab one of these

peter clements
12-16-2011, 01:44 PM
These will be excellent no doubt.

Frosty
12-16-2011, 04:16 PM
ill be putting in my order soon! can't wait. your machine is the only thing i use. i did have a suggestion tho. would it b possible to tap a lil hole for the spring to set in? i noticed sometimes mine would walk sideways so i just drilled a lil hole for it to rest in. maybe sum thing u already did just thought id throw it out there.

slicksteel
12-16-2011, 04:29 PM
I like the look of the chuck on this one much better and the fact that the slider is no protected-never did like how the other one stuck out.Nor did i like the power curve of the old motor.

FRANCO VESCOVI
12-16-2011, 07:30 PM
ill be putting in my order soon! can't wait. your machine is the only thing i use. i did have a suggestion tho. would it b possible to tap a lil hole for the spring to set in? i noticed sometimes mine would walk sideways so i just drilled a lil hole for it to rest in. maybe sum thing u already did just thought id throw it out there.

Thank you and yes we made that change on the new one. Cant wait to show everyone!

Cesar
12-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Hey Franco, you still shooting for end of December for release or later? I "borrow" my boss' Bishop from time to time. Need to get my own

FRANCO VESCOVI
12-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Going to be making a list of all pre sales from this forum. If you are a verified member of this forum I will give you a special discount of $50 bucks off. This is a one time discount and only one machine per customer. Please email me at [email protected] if you would like to be on the list. No deposits required and please include "ROTARYTATTOO.COM in the subject bar so I can prepare a special folder for you guys. This offer will stand for one month after I announce the release date and I suggest you have all your friends join and take part of the forum to take advantage if this offer.

FRANCO VESCOVI
12-18-2011, 10:42 PM
Hey Franco, you still shooting for end of December for release or later? I "borrow" my boss' Bishop from time to time. Need to get my own

I am hoping to have the release date near the end of DEC. It almost seems as tho its a curse to all builders that the smallest most unpredictable things pop up near the launch date so cross your fingers!!

Administrator
12-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Going to be making a list of all pre sales from this forum. If you are a verified member of this forum I will give you a special discount of $50 bucks off. This is a one time discount and only one machine per customer. Please email me at [email protected] if you would like to be on the list. No deposits required and please include "ROTARYTATTOO.COM in the subject bar so I can prepare a special folder for you guys. This offer will stand for one month after I announce the release date and I suggest you have all your friends join and take part of the forum to take advantage if this offer.

Franco, If you need to confirm usernames or emails please let Alie or I know.

FRANCO VESCOVI
12-19-2011, 02:19 AM
Franco, If you need to confirm usernames or emails please let Alie or I know.
I will definitly cross reference. Thank you guys for a great place to surf the web!!

Cesar
12-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Cool, it'll be nice to use a machine that doesn't have Keith Ciaramello's name staring at me and my customer. lmao

The Limey
12-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Cool, it'll be nice to use a machine that doesn't have Keith Ciaramello's name staring at me and my customer. lmao

Haha I hear you, I really dislike the new trend with a lot of rotaries having the name cnc'd into the side of them etc... you don't get that with coils so why do we have to have it on rotaries, surely the design should speak for its self :(

Cesar
12-19-2011, 01:07 PM
I don't mind it as much, just sometimes customers have little brains. lol Your machine says Keith...... I thought your name was Cesar.:rolleyes:

Gabetexas
12-19-2011, 04:46 PM
I want an engraved one so bad!

Administrator
12-19-2011, 05:23 PM
I don't mind it as much, just sometimes customers have little brains. lol Your machine says Keith...... I thought your name was Cesar.:rolleyes:

At least it does not say Cam Supply. ;)

Gabetexas
12-19-2011, 05:43 PM
hahaha true!

Cesar
12-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Very true. lol

taturudy
12-21-2011, 01:28 PM
hey franco this is rudy in hawaii....that new bishop looks real nice.....i'll have to order me one

Frosty
12-29-2011, 03:09 PM
will u lubricate the new capo the same as u do the old bishop? can't see how that slide would come out unless the top plate comes off

jboo75
01-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Cannot wait to get one of these!!! Very good of you to offer us the discount and I cannot wait to try both slides.

joelhague
03-03-2012, 04:17 PM
neeeeeed updateeeee

DiarrheaSuitcase
03-05-2012, 11:45 PM
I'm SO stoked!! I just got an email from Bishop saying that the new Capo is almost ready!
(((“The Capo” will be available March 12, 2012. As we will be in the process of producing the machines, it can take anywhere from 2-3 weeks based on the availability of orders coming in. Keep in mind this machine is overall the same machine, just with a slimmer body, longer & enclosed slide and with a Swiss Maxon Motor included. The machines will be available in the following colors: Dark Blue, Dark Purple, Orange, Black, Silver, Green, and Red. )))

Hey Franco, I have a question for ya if you got a little time. I'm thinking of grabbing a 3.5 shader/color and a 4.2 for lining. In your Portraits dvd you said you use a coil to line with because rotaries hit too hard. Would you recommend getting the 4.2 liner configured with the "soft hit" slide or no? Have you experimented around with this configuration yet? I'd love to hear your input on the matter.
Also, I'd love to see the color options available for the Capos. Any chance you could get a pic of the colors lined up for us to see? :D

I'm so friggin ecstatic about your new machine! I can't wait to get my hands on it!

ckjr
03-06-2012, 12:43 AM
oooooooooohhhhhh yyyyeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!

artoftatt2
03-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Ordered and paid now I'll twiddle my thumbs and wait patiently.:cool:

chris-in-cali
03-28-2012, 09:59 PM
so any updates with this??? any reviews??

danobolick
03-29-2012, 07:29 AM
Reply I got when I asked on how the new machine is going:

"Building is coming along. We have lots of orders we have been processing. Things are coming along though.

Take Care,"

Waiting to have mine shipped out!https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif

kep
03-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Does any one know when these badboys will be available or is it just an order and then sit back and wait kind of deal... Would love to get my hands on one of these...?

artoftatt2
03-29-2012, 11:45 PM
It's a hurry up and wait game. Lol

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?r5mbya

FRANCO VESCOVI
03-30-2012, 03:53 AM
I'm SO stoked!! I just got an email from Bishop saying that the new Capo is almost ready!
(((“The Capo” will be available March 12, 2012. As we will be in the process of producing the machines, it can take anywhere from 2-3 weeks based on the availability of orders coming in. Keep in mind this machine is overall the same machine, just with a slimmer body, longer & enclosed slide and with a Swiss Maxon Motor included. The machines will be available in the following colors: Dark Blue, Dark Purple, Orange, Black, Silver, Green, and Red. )))

Hey Franco, I have a question for ya if you got a little time. I'm thinking of grabbing a 3.5 shader/color and a 4.2 for lining. In your Portraits dvd you said you use a coil to line with because rotaries hit too hard. Would you recommend getting the 4.2 liner configured with the "soft hit" slide or no? Have you experimented around with this configuration yet? I'd love to hear your input on the matter.
Also, I'd love to see the color options available for the Capos. Any chance you could get a pic of the colors lined up for us to see? :D

I'm so friggin ecstatic about your new machine! I can't wait to get my hands on it!
Hey there. I would be happy to answer your question if you can pm me your # as it will be better. I do line with my machines for the last 3 years as I figured out a few things. Thank you

bmerck11
04-07-2012, 11:48 AM
I would really like to hear to answer to that one as well

CROWN Machines
04-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Hi FRANCO - Very Very COOLLLLLLL

joelhague
04-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Got mine today , THANK YOU FRANCO, these things are awesome, here is a pic since not many have been posted :) http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e151/jthague/franco.jpg

artoftatt2
04-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Damn I pre ordered way early and still haven't got mine

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rrlmn0

kep
04-15-2012, 10:56 PM
ordered mine on th 4th of this month wondering when to expect that mutha...hey joelhague.. when did you order yours if ya dont mind me askin?

artoftatt2
04-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Good luck I pre ordered mine. Emailed and pmed here got a response saying It would be here last week and still no machine. I'm about to file a paypal claim

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?p13yio

kep
04-15-2012, 11:48 PM
that sucks brotha..hopefully its in the mail

joelhague
04-16-2012, 12:10 AM
I have been buggin franco since december
super quiet and fun to use

slicksteel
04-16-2012, 12:52 AM
it will be there artoftat2, franco is a man of his word!

artoftatt2
04-16-2012, 01:16 AM
Understand that, just not sure why people who ordered after me got their machine before me?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?55ibwa

slicksteel
04-16-2012, 01:50 AM
prob a slip-up some how.

DiarrheaSuitcase
04-16-2012, 02:01 AM
Understand that, just not sure why people who ordered after me got their machine before me?

There really could be a lot of reasons. I'm sure that trying to make you wait extra long because he is cruel or is trying to exercise his authority is not among those reasons. So I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over it or too bummed out (although it is hard when you're excited).

I had the opportunity to talk with Franco yesterday. He had a major surgery and was in the hospital for about a week. He said there is still a long road ahead of him but he is recovering. As most can imagine, the whole ordeal set him back with his orders. So, you're not being singled out Artoftatt2. This has affected many people and he is in the process of playing catch up. Its just one of those things that no one can foresee and you just have to roll with the punches.
As you already know, Franco is a man of his word, but knowing the circumstances, maybe it can be a little easier for us to be patient.

vsprotoss
04-16-2012, 02:10 AM
New capos look good. Hope to get my hands on 1 of em soon seems worthy of the wait but yea i never like to wait on preorders. such a tease.

asA
04-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Seems like they spread the supply super thin anyways... like 10 people selling the machines plus trying to keep up with the orders on his site. Getting a bishop has always been a pain in the ass and will probably continue to be. Too few machines and too many people selling them. Just my 2 cents.

Frosty
04-17-2012, 08:42 PM
I've been trying to get my maxon motor for over a month now(after i paid the paypal) ... idk wats goin on ... hope they resolve it soon​

artoftatt2
04-17-2012, 09:22 PM
He got a hold of me. All is well..

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?t4g41p

danobolick
04-18-2012, 07:34 AM
Same as everyone else here. I pre ordered and still waiting.

slicksteel
05-17-2012, 12:55 AM
So any of you guys gt your machines yet?

DiarrheaSuitcase
05-17-2012, 02:18 AM
So any of you guys gt your machines yet?

My capo just got delivered state-side today... now I have to patiently wait for my buddy to bring it down to Costa for me.

Oh Capo, how I long to be with thee....

kep
05-18-2012, 08:46 PM
got mine a couple weeks back...its a fukin beast

slicksteel
05-18-2012, 11:40 PM
dope lookin machine for sure