PDA

View Full Version : Looks like a Dragonfly

Alie K
12-18-2011, 01:01 AM
So, this fellow is on my fb. He's been posting a lot of photos of a recent machine he made. In many posts, he is very defensive that he did not copy a dragonfly. he states that he uses many different components than the dragonfly does. I still think it looks a lot like a dragonfly though, or is it just me? You can see more pics on his fb (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1214078526&ref=ts) page.

merky
12-18-2011, 02:24 AM
is everyone just ripping off everyone else , how about trying to come up with somthing new, the same thing with coil machines it is the same three frame styles .sorry to rant but how many times are we going to see the same thing.

ckjr
12-18-2011, 03:00 AM
if you're going to rip some one off of their time,money and all around hard work, at the least acknowledge it. being a douche and knowing it is one thing, but now you're just lying to yourself

turnrock
12-18-2011, 03:29 AM
that is 100% no doubt the ebay knockoff dragonfly with the anodizing sanded off and a few other cosmetic changes.so this what being a machine builder has come to? buying some crap from china and making a few little mods to it?

tattony
12-18-2011, 03:52 AM
a little question here,,,if he has taken a copy of an original and he has used a lot of different parts, what if it performs better than the original its copied from?? would that be acceptable to buy one?? because, surely the performance of a machine should be the most important thing??.

wildboy
12-18-2011, 04:39 AM
Would it be acceptable to you if you drew a custom design for a client put a lot of work in and someone takes the design polishes the design here and there and makes money with it?

tattony
12-18-2011, 08:04 AM
i'm not saying it's right or wrong i just asked the question to see other people's views on this. aren't most custom designs just polished copies of thing's that have already been done before? its quite uncommon to see a design that's totally different that's never been done in some shape or form before..

MatFink
12-18-2011, 08:37 AM
most people that design, build or modify custom machines still happily give the nod to the originator of the design....this guys sounds like he's claiming he invented the wheel.

OwlsDen
12-18-2011, 09:03 AM
The parts are different because they aren't original. They're fakes

inked
12-18-2011, 09:09 AM
this builder is in denial, its obvious to me that , this looks like a cheap replicated china made dragonfly with some cosmetic changes.LOL

BillBill Webbz
12-19-2011, 07:47 AM
Whats the deal with the swastika? And like dude said before.... Ebay bought doosh bag carved. Lets be a real fuckin nazi and steal someone elses design and say they made it they just put diff parts in it wen you know damn well he didnt. He just wants that quick buck from the ass holes willing to buy it. Just like tattoos you get what you pay for. Quality over anything else!

slicksteel
12-19-2011, 11:48 AM
It would be smart for builders nowdays to lic. quailty made lower priced copies of the real deal while still making the original high end one. This works well to still recoup time and money spent on your project. example:
Floyd rose wammy bar guitar bridges-they will lic. you to make cheaper quality copy that is still made well and within there approved specs. They have several different versions of the same model so every one can afford one according to their needs.
Example:If you are a heavy user that like to use the machine on a daily basis for hours go for the original that is made of the highest quailty that will last the abuse.If you were a guy that only pulled out the machine one a week etc go for the mid priced one.If you pull the machine out once in a blue moon go for the lowest one.

fkirons
12-19-2011, 12:52 PM
disgusting how people just snatch shit up!

The Limey
12-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Whats the deal with the swastika? And like dude said before.... Ebay bought doosh bag carved. Lets be a real fuckin nazi and steal someone elses design and say they made it they just put diff parts in it wen you know damn well he didnt. He just wants that quick buck from the ass holes willing to buy it. Just like tattoos you get what you pay for. Quality over anything else!

Actually the Swastika isn't an issue if you know anything about its history and true meaning... Google it if you don't, you might be pleasantly surprised at what you find out!

I'm not sure what the deal is with the Rotary though as Paulo makes some real nice coil machines and has a pretty big following here in the UK... I expect its all part of some personal feud though as when someone posted about it being a rip off he replied something along the lines of them having hit the nail on the head because the dragonfly was a rip off...

Inkslingers
12-19-2011, 01:19 PM
This "builder" is a joke, not just these machines but his coils are even worse...bringing him up on here does what? Just curious why people even bring trash like this to the forum? If nothing else it gives people like this a "voice"...fuck him.

Inkslingers
12-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Actually the Swastika isn't an issue if you know anything about its history and true meaning... Google it if you don't, you might be pleasantly surprised at what you find out!

I'm not sure what the deal is with the Rotary though as Paulo makes some real nice coil machines and has a pretty big following here in the UK... I expect its all part of some personal feud though as when someone posted about it being a rip off he replied something along the lines of them having hit the nail on the head because the dragonfly was a rip off...

"real nice coils"? please...

The Limey
12-19-2011, 01:34 PM
"real nice coils"? please...

Yep I'll stand by that regardless of this rotary BS.

slicksteel
12-19-2011, 01:48 PM
disgusting how people just snatch shit up!
By this i mean a professional that like the machine a lot and will use it as a daily driver or one that like it for only a certain task once in a while and does not want to sink a shitload of money on something that just sits around in there drawer.

hendricksonart.com
12-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Im not understanding this weird kinda hipster movement to bring back the original meaning of the swastika. If you seriously have some deep routed religious reason to have an affiliation with this symbol that's fine. However its always the same, some ubertree hugging huge ear plugged hipster trying to find there latest cause when the vegan thing became boring to them, can you really not find some other cause. It offends most people and to me it just seems its a way for people to grab attention good or bad. I just do not get it!!!!

Inkslingers
12-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Yep I'll stand by that regardless of this rotary BS.

and I'll stand by what I said, the man and his machines are a joke.

turnrock
12-20-2011, 02:10 AM
his coils look way too similar to Dringenberg.

MatFink
12-20-2011, 02:49 AM
ubertree hugging huge ear plugged hipster

Gabetexas
12-20-2011, 05:18 AM
Wow. Really guys? Thats like saying only tattoo snobs like Japanese art.
I've never really cared about the swazi either way, but I like to think as an open minded and grumpy tattoo guy that The Swastika isnt some hippie tattoo "thing"
(btw, if you hate Hippy tattooer types, isnt that EXACTLY what Filip Leu is?)

wildboy
12-20-2011, 06:03 AM
(btw, if you hate Hippy tattooer types, isnt that EXACTLY what Filip Leu is?)

Absolutely not and if you ever drag him into a conversation like this again your soul will burn in tattoo hell ^^

tugg
12-20-2011, 07:45 AM
I've met Paulo at the London convention and he does make some nice machines and I also believe he has done some collaboration builds with dringenberg which might explain the 2 machines pictured but I do feel he has stooped a bit low and in some respects lower than the chinese who copied the machine in the first place

MatFink
12-20-2011, 09:48 AM
hippy ≠ hipster

The Limey
12-20-2011, 10:36 AM
hippy ≠ hipster

= beardy weirdy :P

Inkslingers
12-20-2011, 11:11 AM
It would be smart for builders nowdays to lic. quailty made lower priced copies of the real deal while still making the original high end one. This works well to still recoup time and money spent on your project. example:
Floyd rose wammy bar guitar bridges-they will lic. you to make cheaper quality copy that is still made well and within there approved specs. They have several different versions of the same model so every one can afford one according to their needs.
Example:If you are a heavy user that like to use the machine on a daily basis for hours go for the original that is made of the highest quailty that will last the abuse.If you were a guy that only pulled out the machine one a week etc go for the mid priced one.If you pull the machine out once in a blue moon go for the lowest one.

Huh? Not going to bother getting into a big rant, but your post makes NO sense, on any level

slicksteel
12-20-2011, 11:43 AM
what make no sense? You would retain quailty control of your product by letting approved companys sell a good version of your machine(which would only sell to who you want) and you do not loose a ton of sells to thiefs as you would offer lower end yet still well made products similier to buying a car with the top of the line sports package,some upgrades or the base model. By do this you can still have out a good product based on your top of the line one that you still have control over while turning a profit and keeping tattooers happy.
Pretty simple. People can hold on to the old days of tattooing all you want but the world marches on around you.Along time ago you never seen mass produced rotarys-they were all hand made except for the motors/bearings and even sometimes those were made in very small batches.But now we have cnc ones.
So simply do the lic or let china etc mass produce crap copys of you product that will flood the market. If you have a basic model offered at a geat price most people would get that one instead of a cheap bootleg.Makes biz perfect sense for rotary machine makers that have production machines.:D

merky
12-20-2011, 02:12 PM
so when i started to build the marksman I thought it would cost but had no idea that it would tap my bank account and damn near put me in the streets,when i started getting parts made that i couldnt hand mill myself i found out i was in over my head... the back cap alone was quoted at $175 just for that one part. then the body was another $150, ect ect the machine cost way more then i could believe , but i set out and gave my word and wanted to bring something new to the table, so i work all day and night missing almost all my tattoo app to get this done when i said i would, im not saying its the best machine in the world but i put everything into i had, so if i seen somebody copy it and put some fancy stuff on it and call it there own , I think i would flip out and get on a plane ,,,now saying this, i know china will copy my machine again l..ike they did the u frame machine i made, but man we need to keep true to each other and stand up for our industry ,by not buying this crap and calling out these kinda ppl for bootlegging others hard work..Alot of people are not going to believe me but, Im not making much on these machines, ask some builder on here the price to have somthing to be milled and your thought of us making a killing on marking up the price on you guys would be gone, bottom line is we can't let this shit happen ! if you see somthing no matter how big of the name someone got ,you have to call them out right then and there. same thing with tattoos if the need help dont put a nice comment on it put what could make it better i know it hurts the person feeling but if they can open there eyes and learn then they will grow.

Gabetexas
12-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Absolutely not and if you ever drag him into a conversation like this again your soul will burn in tattoo hell ^^
LOL! He's such a hippy! hahaha

Invertedpixel
12-20-2011, 07:15 PM
I think grading out a product into entry level, intermediate and advanced models is cool for things like cars and guitars...Tattoo equipment is different...this isn't a hobby where you get your toes a little wet before jumping in. Trying new equipment is always scary, but sites like this help us make educated decisions about our purchases. If you are thinking of going rotary, do it right! A builder shouldn't have to dumb down a machine design in order to cater to a lower price point demographic. We all know that even a $700 machine pays for itself in a very short time if you are actually using it.

Imagine if they made entry grade tattoo inks that had inferior lightfastness and pigment density...like student grade paints...doesn't that sound completely absurd? I feel the same way about machines...

Sarenity Tattoo
12-20-2011, 08:21 PM
f**k this nazi, "full Power" = "White Power" POS!!

OwlsDen
12-20-2011, 08:23 PM
I think enough builders already have tiered machines. Not to mention that good machines do start cheap. 135€ for the German Evolution is cheaper than 150£ for a knock off dragonfly. 250$ for the original Neo Tat is a steal. These numbers are just off the top of my head and they are all respected machines. It doesn't cost much to do it right from the start. Also rotary works start at 120£, and the blunderbuss is an inexpensive machine from tattooed pirate that you can upgrade the motor. I think Dan Kubin's start at 250$ What is an entry level price? If you say below 100$ there is always the stealth and that is as low as I can stoop.

Inkslingers
12-21-2011, 10:59 AM
what make no sense? You would retain quailty control of your product by letting approved companys sell a good version of your machine(which would only sell to who you want) and you do not loose a ton of sells to thiefs as you would offer lower end yet still well made products similier to buying a car with the top of the line sports package,some upgrades or the base model. By do this you can still have out a good product based on your top of the line one that you still have control over while turning a profit and keeping tattooers happy.
Pretty simple. People can hold on to the old days of tattooing all you want but the world marches on around you.Along time ago you never seen mass produced rotarys-they were all hand made except for the motors/bearings and even sometimes those were made in very small batches.But now we have cnc ones.
So simply do the lic or let china etc mass produce crap copys of you product that will flood the market. If you have a basic model offered at a geat price most people would get that one instead of a cheap bootleg.Makes biz perfect sense for rotary machine makers that have production machines.:D

If you say so...

Ta2GeezerUK
12-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Imagine if they made entry grade tattoo inks that had inferior lightfastness and pigment density...like student grade paints...doesn't that sound completely absurd? I feel the same way about machines...

Sounds like the Majority of pigments already out there lol. ... I reckon if you actually put all the good stuff in 1 barrel such as Eternal/Waverely/Starbright/Fantasia etc etc The Tattoo planet only has about what? 15-20 really worth investing or investigating imo.

CROWN Machines
12-22-2011, 08:23 PM
disgusting - shit rotary - fuckin nazi

vsprotoss
12-22-2011, 11:56 PM
disgusting - shit rotary - fuckin nazi

I find your comment hilarious considering you have the fake dragonfly "gun" yourself here: http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/2779-Here-are-my-TATTOO-s-Gun ...

Gabetexas
12-23-2011, 04:29 AM
burn.

wildboy
12-23-2011, 04:42 AM
I think enough builders already have tiered machines. Not to mention that good machines do start cheap. 135€ for the German Evolution is cheaper than 150£ for a knock off dragonfly. 250$ for the original Neo Tat is a steal. These numbers are just off the top of my head and they are all respected machines. It doesn't cost much to do it right from the start. Also rotary works start at 120£, and the blunderbuss is an inexpensive machine from tattooed pirate that you can upgrade the motor. I think Dan Kubin's start at 250$ What is an entry level price? If you say below 100$ there is always the stealth and that is as low as I can stoop.

Seems like the Stealth is the only acceptable knock off out there...

wildboy
12-23-2011, 04:57 AM
How do you guys feel about this machine? Ive seen the Bazzoka thread and the pics were different but this one looks like a pimped up Dragonfly knock off as well...

CROWN Machines
12-23-2011, 05:25 AM
(I find your comment hilarious considering you have the fake dragonfly "gun" yourself here: http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthre...y-TATTOO-s-Gun (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/2779-Here-are-my-TATTOO-s-Gun) ...)

This is my comment and I stand to - FUCK NAZIS -

what does that have to emulate the Rotary DRAGONFLY REP ansich, NOT
You only think about times before posting this crap
nochwas and, in my opinion the DRAGONFLY REP is even BETTER than the ORIGINAL

peter clements
12-23-2011, 07:37 AM
How do you guys feel about this machine? Ive seen the Bazzoka thread and the pics were different but this one looks like a pimped up Dragonfly knock off as well...

I own one of these and a Dragonfly, they are similar in appearance though the Bazooka is slightly smaller. That's where the similarilty ends, the Bazooka is a hard hitting armature Rotary you could Tattoo concrete with it, the Dragonfly of course is a different mechanism ,it uses a slide piston.

OwlsDen
12-23-2011, 07:45 AM

It's a good point, the bazooka looks a lot like a pimped out DF copy. I have always thought that. I will say the compact a-bar is still a cool idea.

As for the comment on the stealth, I mentioned that because it made a point and the group does have a badge for it.

wildboy
12-23-2011, 07:48 AM
I own one of these and a Dragonfly, they are similar in appearance though the Bazooka is slightly smaller. That's where the similarilty ends, the Bazooka is a hard hitting armature Rotary you could Tattoo concrete with it, the Dragonfly of course is a different mechanism ,it uses a slide piston.

I see... Does he build the frames himself? How do you like the machine?

wildboy
12-23-2011, 07:52 AM
It's a good point, the bazooka looks a lot like a pimped out DF copy. I have always thought that. I will say the compact a-bar is still a cool idea.

As for the comment on the stealth, I mentioned that because it made a point and the group does have a badge for it.

Of course no offense but its still a knock off and I think the little Swiss company should get at least the credit for bringing this machine into the Tattoo world...

OwlsDen
12-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Yes naturally. It would be even better if there were no copies.

wildboy
12-23-2011, 08:15 AM
true that!

peter clements
12-23-2011, 10:34 AM
I see... Does he build the frames himself? How do you like the machine?

I like the machine, Dino is a good builder. Don't know how the frames are made ,you have to put them side by side to see the subtle differences,I might take some pictures for you. Anyone who owns a DF will give credit to the Swiss company that created them, I certainly do, I have the short stroke, it's the best B&G machine I've ever used by a mile.
Now getting back to frames how many generic versions have we seen of Jensen,Rogers,Jonesy, etc,etc,etc. I see them more of a tribute really.

OwlsDen
12-23-2011, 10:55 AM
I thought the dragonfly was from Sweden. I also thought that the Swiss comment was target at the stealth.

wildboy
12-23-2011, 11:38 AM
I like the machine, Dino is a good builder. Don't know how the frames are made ,you have to put them side by side to see the subtle differences,I might take some pictures for you. Anyone who owns a DF will give credit to the Swiss company that created them, I certainly do, I have the short stroke, it's the best B&G machine I've ever used by a mile.
Now getting back to frames how many generic versions have we seen of Jensen,Rogers,Jonesy, etc,etc,etc. I see them more of a tribute really.

The old masters arent around anymore to build them themselves and most of the time the machines are named after the builder the original frame style came from to give them credit...

Ive read nothing but good things about Dinos machines so far I would buy one myself maybe.

I thought the dragonfly was from Sweden. I also thought that the Swiss comment was target at the stealth.

It was... Its hard to keep track with all the off topic about nazis, hippies, filip leu, knockoff machines, switzerland, pornography and all that ^^

Jim
12-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Hitler stole the swastika from the Bon religion, in Buddhism it represents the mind seal of enlightenment. There are many large Buddha statues in the East that have the Buddha with a swastika on his chest. Despite it's original roots the symbolism has become tainted as well as the Toothbrush style mustache. As for hipster kooks no one cares about them...their goal isn't educating the masses but a stupid game they play. There will always be rip offs it seems, at least people using a frame like Rogers say it's a Rogers or keep the name like bull dog for a bull dog style frame. I personally think other than the Swiss cross on the chuck the Stealth is almost visually indistinguishable from the Swiss rotary. The success of the Swiss ripoff has made the practice into a successful frame work for others to do exactly the same thing with other companies lines of machines. Of course one could say it's the companies fault for not getting international design patients and fiercely protecting their intellectual property, it's a legal monopoly that shouldn't be over looked.

slicksteel
12-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Seems like the Stealth is the only acceptable knock off out there...
I think maybe because they started making there version before the swiss was realy popular-they have put alot of money+time in marketing it and copyrighting it. If anything it bought biz to the swiss original in the states as alot of lic tattooers have bought the stealh and liked it so much that they end up buying the original.I also think the original is very high priced for such a simple basic machine and it would sell better if it was a bit lower in price.This design is not new tattooers have home built rotarys like this for years in canada and the uk were rotarys have been king.

wildboy
12-23-2011, 04:29 PM
That makes a lot of sense...

peter clements
12-23-2011, 05:32 PM
I think maybe because they started making there version before the swiss was realy popular-they have put alot of money+time in marketing it and copyrighting it. If anything it bought biz to the swiss original in the states as alot of lic tattooers have bought the stealh and liked it so much that they end up buying the original.I also think the original is very high priced for such a simple basic machine and it would sell better if it was a bit lower in price.This design is not new tattooers have home built rotarys like this for years in canada and the uk were rotarys have been king.

Let's not forget the Peter Tieg machine of Germany it's supposed to be the Rolls Royce of this type of Rotary. I have one that's not getting used, it'll be coming up for sale soon ;).

No Iron Machines
12-24-2011, 01:36 PM
THIS MTF IS PAOLO CRUZES, all his staff his MADE IN CHINA, and him resale and say are build from him, i talk with him on FB, is retard, one of the worst people ever talk about TATTOO MACHINES, is worst than chinese him...

robinTS
12-28-2011, 03:57 PM
this is chinese??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZNFmg53zag

MatFink
12-29-2011, 09:07 AM
dude claims to be the original creator of dot work tattooing at the end of that vid. :confused:

OwlsDen
12-29-2011, 09:57 AM
dude claims to be the original creator of dot work tattooing at the end of that vid. :confused:

I wonder is we can borrow his time machine

punkangel
12-29-2011, 10:36 AM

To Be Fair this is Xed Lehead, yep i would say he was a forerunner if not the first, to popularise the dot!! the machine is a paulo, and imho he makes well liked and great coils even if th eframes are made in China (so is a Gibson Guitar).

But this is why i first made a post about it, it is sad that he should do this with a blatant copy, If it had th esame princables and a complete different look, then i would understand putting a Maxon power unit, and up against the best, or even talking with chinese manufacturers about changing design.
Seems that he is at the moment on tour, n probley dont give a fuck,
to alter a chinese machine for yourself is great if it works for you, but to sell and compete it against its original (without so much as a design plan), as a dragonfly Replica, is out of the boundry. and puts Art into profit greed!!!

peter clements
12-29-2011, 01:38 PM
I must admit I don't understand what Paulo is doing here at all, it seems almost deliberatly antagonistic, and yet people will tell you he's not that sort of guy . I just don't know what he's playing at.

robinTS
12-29-2011, 01:56 PM
you know xed lhead?

The Limey
12-29-2011, 03:04 PM
I must admit I don't understand what Paulo is doing here at all, it seems almost deliberatly antagonistic, and yet people will tell you he's not that sort of guy . I just don't know what he's playing at.

Yeah he has me stumped this time too Pete! That's what makes me think its some personal feud / vendetta against the Ink machines guys especially after Paulo posted their machines were a rip off when someone asked him about his blatant rip off...

MatFink
12-30-2011, 10:38 AM
you know xed lhead? Know of. I know there's always going to be some sensationalism in promotion, but it's a pretty broad call is all. I'm just a stickler for details I guess. I realise that "innovator/re-inventor of the stippling technique in the modern tattoo medium" doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

No Iron Machines
01-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Paulo cruzes is one of the worst builder and man can u ever find in tattoo world...that's all

him act exactly like a chinese, the same...probable worst than them...

Panos tattoo
06-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Would it be acceptable to you if you drew a custom design for a client put a lot of work in and someone takes the design polishes the design here and there and makes money with it?
i would be honored if someone copied my designs and tattoos because this means he likes my art and he sees me as better than him.and the person who says he never copied a tattoo with minor changes from artists who are considered (at least by me)fathers of the tattoo art like Guy Aitchison , Aaron Cain ,and many more is a fucking liar.

peezie
06-09-2013, 02:30 AM
i would be honored if someone copied my designs and tattoos because this means he likes my art and he sees me as better than him.and the person who says he never copied a tattoo with minor changes from artists who are considered (at least by me)fathers of the tattoo art like Guy Aitchison , Aaron Cain ,and many more is a fucking liar.
Panos, you obviously have not had someone copy your work. And by your own admission, you obviously copy peoples work with minor changes to them. Not everyone is like you so don't speak for us please.

zack_fa1r
06-09-2013, 06:13 PM
ooooosh!

nivek
06-10-2013, 10:58 AM
LOL! He's such a hippy! hahaha

Hes no hippy - he has a job

nivek
06-10-2013, 11:05 AM

RIpping off is not the same as inspiring - its one thing to use another s art as inspiration, and totally different to copy and change a few things.

That being said - tattooing with no clipcord cover in a carpeted room, with sandels on doesn't put you high on the "ethical" list for me.

How did you get in here - everything in you profile points to a scratcher

aurelien
06-10-2013, 01:02 PM
but when you look at the body of the machine where the swastikas are, you can see the stripes. so if he did buil the body, why make stripes if it's gonna be in the way of your design ?

Panos tattoo
06-16-2013, 06:08 PM
RIpping off is not the same as inspiring - its one thing to use another s art as inspiration, and totally different to copy and change a few things.

That being said - tattooing with no clipcord cover in a carpeted room, with sandels on doesn't put you high on the "ethical" list for me.

How did you get in here - everything in you profile points to a scratcher
you understood what i ment by separeting inspiring and rip off.this is what i was trying to explain but my english are horrible because its not my language.im not saying that you or i have it as a habbit but i have the balls though to admit that i did tattoos of famus artists in my early years of tattooing because i admire their art and inspiration and i wish i had their talend at the time. they were ages infrond of you and me and everyone else who is biching and act like divas for something i said and i insist that most of you did it even if you are ibarassed to admit it .or should i belive that you were born with a tattoo machine in your hand and knew the unwriten laws of tattooing and ethics?where the hell did you saw a carpeted room,? i dont have a clue.why the fuck do you care if i ware sandals?bacteria thrive on sandals and they try to avoid shoes?or do you sterilize your shoes before you go home?I LIVE IN AN ISLAND WITH TEMPERATURES OF 50 DEGRECE CELCIUS IN THE SUMMER MORON!! does that make me a scratcher?
and i got here the same way you did!!!at least peezie said speak for your self because i dont agree with you ,without any insults or being snootily.in my opinion its dicks like you who should be banned from forums because you judge someone without knowing him. now did you like the way i spoke to you and do you want to bring this conversation on an even lower level? or do you want to apologise and refrase your earlier comment?

nivek
06-16-2013, 08:47 PM
you understood what i ment by separeting inspiring and rip off.this is what i was trying to explain but my english are horrible because its not my language.im not saying that you or i have it as a habbit but i have the balls though to admit that i did tattoos of famus artists in my early years of tattooing because i admire their art and inspiration and i wish i had their talend at the time. they were ages infrond of you and me and everyone else who is biching and act like divas for something i said and i insist that most of you did it even if you are ibarassed to admit it .or should i belive that you were born with a tattoo machine in your hand and knew the unwriten laws of tattooing and ethics?where the hell did you saw a carpeted room,? i dont have a clue.why the fuck do you care if i ware sandals?bacteria thrive on sandals and they try to avoid shoes?or do you sterilize your shoes before you go home?I LIVE IN AN ISLAND WITH TEMPERATURES OF 50 DEGRECE CELCIUS IN THE SUMMER MORON!! does that make me a scratcher?
and i got here the same way you did!!!at least peezie said speak for your self because i dont agree with you ,without any insults or being snootily.in my opinion its dicks like you who should be banned from forums because you judge someone without knowing him. now did you like the way i spoke to you and do you want to bring this conversation on an even lower level? or do you want to apologise and refrase your earlier comment?

Hardly so, son. We did NOT come up the same way, my mentor would have torn a strip out of me if I boosted someone elses design and called it mine, or tattooed in a roomed carpet without a clipcord cover and wore sandals. Sandals are carpet are NOT allowed in professional tattoo shops in any state or province I know of due to health concerns. So that's what points to scratcher to me, hey I hope I am wrong - but if I am - I HIGHLY recommend you look into getting some reading regarding blood borne pathogens before that carpet becomes a life form.

1) I have shoes that I wear for the shop and at the shop. Sandals are stupid in a shop because you are putting yourself at risk - drop a dirty needle on your foot sometime, then see how you feel about it.
2) You are tattooing on CARPET - and that is a no no for many reasons, if you need it explained - then maybe you shouldn't be tattooing.
3) If you honestly think wearing sandals is cooling you down, good for you - might I suggest you invest in an air-conditioner ? If you are a pro its a write off
4) Flash is flash - its not YOUR art, yes I have done flash - but I don't call it my art, I call it flash.

Fine I'm a dick - I care about not killing myself or a client due to dirty working conditions, I didn't insult you I said - sandal and carpet point to scratcher because of the same reasons mentioned above. You read a LOT into three lines of text, impressive.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with someone over the internet, this forum or otherwise, people don't change. As for where I saw the picture - it was in your facebook profile that you posted on your profile in here. I hope its an old one or the wrong one - and if it is - I suggest you add an actual link in your profile, because the one that comes up is not helping your cause.

I hope that I am wrong and the profile I found is an older one, judging by your newer work I would say so, however dickish I may come across the simple reality is we are all human and we all make mistakes - as long as we make an effort to learn from them. Mind you by your own admission you are tattooing in sandals in carpeted room.

*edited in an attempt to add a bit of humility and a bit less reactionary, but probably failed*

fkirons
06-16-2013, 09:06 PM
Off topic, but this made me think that most tattoo conventions are carpeted. Some of them not even covered.

nivek
06-16-2013, 11:20 PM
Yeah - many do. Mind you then tend to avoid shag carpeting. Is it ideal - no, but you're gonna have a hard time getting the Hilton to rip up the carpeting.

Good point none the less.

Panos tattoo
06-17-2013, 03:29 AM
Hardly so, son. We did NOT come up the same way, my mentor would have torn a strip out of me if I boosted someone elses design and called it mine, or tattooed in a roomed carpet without a clipcord cover and wore sandals. Sandals are carpet are NOT allowed in professional tattoo shops in any state or province I know of due to health concerns. So that's what points to scratcher to me, hey I hope I am wrong - but if I am - I HIGHLY recommend you look into getting some reading regarding blood borne pathogens before that carpet becomes a life form.

1) I have shoes that I wear for the shop and at the shop. Sandals are stupid in a shop because you are putting yourself at risk - drop a dirty needle on your foot sometime, then see how you feel about it.
2) You are tattooing on CARPET - and that is a no no for many reasons, if you need it explained - then maybe you shouldn't be tattooing.
3) If you honestly think wearing sandals is cooling you down, good for you - might I suggest you invest in an air-conditioner ? If you are a pro its a write off
4) Flash is flash - its not YOUR art, yes I have done flash - but I don't call it my art, I call it flash.

Fine I'm a dick - I care about not killing myself or a client due to dirty working conditions, I didn't insult you I said - sandal and carpet point to scratcher because of the same reasons mentioned above. You read a LOT into three lines of text, impressive.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with someone over the internet, this forum or otherwise, people don't change. As for where I saw the picture - it was in your facebook profile that you posted on your profile in here. I hope its an old one or the wrong one - and if it is - I suggest you add an actual link in your profile, because the one that comes up is not helping your cause.

I hope that I am wrong and the profile I found is an older one, judging by your newer work I would say so, however dickish I may come across the simple reality is we are all human and we all make mistakes - as long as we make an effort to learn from them. Mind you by your own admission you are tattooing in sandals in carpeted room.

*edited in an attempt to add a bit of humility and a bit less reactionary, but probably failed*
but its not a carpet and i never admited that.in my profile photo you can barely see my face!!!its my hands and a mikey sharpz machine.were do you see a carpet?are you looking at my profile?my shops floor is black plastic called pirelli( this is how they call it in my country )and its the one you see in hospitals and airports.all the furniture is stainless steel and three quarters of the walls are mirror covered up to 1.80 cm.as for sandals,id like you to visit cyprus during summer and try to ware jeens and shoes.you will die from heat stroke!!!yes i do have an A/C and i also have an air purifier system in order to kill bacteria and wont allow them to get in my AC filter were they can thrive.im not tattooing for a long time but in almost 10 years of tattooing,i ve never dropped a needle or an ink cup on the floor or my shoes,as you did.(you said it in your threat)
again you did understand and you pointed me the word that would rest my case.Flash designs!!!everyone used it and every one wanted to be as talented as the one who drew them.forgive me for not remembering the word flash because first its not my native language,Greek are,and second the last time i used it was in the late
90's were tattoos were eagles killing snakes and panthers hanging on your skin.today im using the word design or project.(no offence in old school tattoo designs)
and last,im not your son.i am Demetris Karallis son.you are a colleague tattoo artist.

Panos tattoo
06-17-2013, 03:42 AM

but its not a carpet and i never admited that.in my profile photo you can barely see my face!!!its my hands and a mikey sharpz machine.were do you see a carpet?are you looking at my profile?my shops floor is black plastic called pirelli( this is how they call it in my country )and its the one you see in hospitals and airports.all the furniture is stainless steel and three quarters of the walls are mirror covered up to 1.80 cm.as for sandals,id like you to visit cyprus during summer and try to ware jeens and shoes.you will die from heat stroke!!!yes i do have an A/C and i also have an air purifier system in order to kill bacteria and wont allow them to get in my AC filter were they can thrive.im not tattooing for a long time but in almost 10 years of tattooing,i ve never dropped a needle or an ink cup on the floor or my shoes,as you did.(you said it in your threat)
again you did understand and you pointed me the word that would rest my case.Flash designs!!!everyone used it and every one wanted to be as talented as the one who drew them.forgive me for not remembering the word flash because first its not my native language,Greek are,and second the last time i used it was in the late
90's were tattoos were eagles killing snakes and panthers hanging on your skin.today im using the word design or project.(no offence in old school tattoo designs)
and last,im not your son.i am Demetris Karallis son.you are a colleague tattoo artist.

nivek
06-17-2013, 10:15 AM
Not a threat - and no I have never dropped a needle on my feet, but it can happen - as can spilling rinse cups etc which is why I wear shoes, and the health department requires it, its also whey when I do use a rinse cup its firmly stuck down with a cut 1/2 cup) I promise you, regardless of how hot it was (hey but its okay you have ac) I would ALWAYS wear shoes in a tattoo shop, all it takes is one customer not paying attn or passing out - and one of your machines falling on your foot (may be a long shot but I won't take that chance.)

I'm not going to get lost on a ramble here, obviously you and I have different opinions on safe work environment. Maybe it's a old profile - or not even yours just another dude tattooing without a clip-cord sleeve and it sandals - odd co-incidence. As I said people don't change, and I am not going to bother wasting my time.

I wish you all the best, I hope that you never drop a needle or anything else on your feet, and that contaminated ink and/or blood is not dropping onto your open toed shoes as you work.
I hope one of the two profiles I found wasn't you, and if it isn't, I would suggest you put a link into your profile to your facebook page as the one I found first was the carpeted one, it looks like its got some time on it - there isn't a lot of tattoos on your arm, again, maybe its not you. I hope I am wrong - and if I am, sorry.

I still stand by my comment re sandals, however. I know your are not my son....

Best of luck to you.
Nivek

Panos tattoo
06-18-2013, 04:12 AM
Not a threat - and no I have never dropped a needle on my feet, but it can happen - as can spilling rinse cups etc which is why I wear shoes, and the health department requires it, its also whey when I do use a rinse cup its firmly stuck down with a cut 1/2 cup) I promise you, regardless of how hot it was (hey but its okay you have ac) I would ALWAYS wear shoes in a tattoo shop, all it takes is one customer not paying attn or passing out - and one of your machines falling on your foot (may be a long shot but I won't take that chance.)

I'm not going to get lost on a ramble here, obviously you and I have different opinions on safe work environment. Maybe it's a old profile - or not even yours just another dude tattooing without a clip-cord sleeve and it sandals - odd co-incidence. As I said people don't change, and I am not going to bother wasting my time.

I wish you all the best, I hope that you never drop a needle or anything else on your feet, and that contaminated ink and/or blood is not dropping onto your open toed shoes as you work.
I hope one of the two profiles I found wasn't you, and if it isn't, I would suggest you put a link into your profile to your facebook page as the one I found first was the carpeted one, it looks like its got some time on it - there isn't a lot of tattoos on your arm, again, maybe its not you. I hope I am wrong - and if I am, sorry.

I still stand by my comment re sandals, however. I know your are not my son....

Best of luck to you.
Nivek
it must be a huge misunderstanding here because im trying to find this link with the dude you say tattooing on a carpeted room and no tattoos on his arms and i cant find it.i can see my photo though.by the way i have shaved hair and both of my hands are covered with full sleeve tattoos.again you can barely see my face on the photo,just my hands and my miky sharpz tattoo machine.you cant even see the clip cord.as for sandals,its the ones that they ware in surgery rooms and generally in hospitals.comfortable, better for high temperatures,and if its purchased from a medic company that supplies hospitals and clinics,its approved by me.different people,different opinions right?
no hard feelings and im sorry if i behaved as a dick,but it was a reaction because i was insulted for hygene and FLASH DESIGNS(a word that i will always remember now lol)

i have to improve my english and leave google translate alone :)

nivek
06-18-2013, 09:21 AM
Well shit happens, I may not agree with you (re sandals) - but you are not an enemy but any means. I apologize as well, in case you didn't figure it out - I can get a bit head strong at times.

I'll find the link and if it is older stuff of you maybe you can have fb take it down, because it isn't going to help your cause.

Nivek

Panos tattoo
06-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Well shit happens, I may not agree with you (re sandals) - but you are not an enemy but any means. I apologize as well, in case you didn't figure it out - I can get a bit head strong at times.

I'll find the link and if it is older stuff of you maybe you can have fb take it down, because it isn't going to help your cause.

Nivek
please send me the link because i cant find it.im 100 per cent its not me because i ve never worked in a carpeted studio and my sleeves were my first tattoos so they are more than 13 years old. (i wasnt tattooing at the time)
no hard feelings though.

casey
06-19-2013, 06:42 PM
I think we may have a case of mistaken identity here, I believe Panos tattoo from this forum and Cyprus is being mistaken for a Panos tattoo in Greece. looks like a completely different character to me anyways:)

Panos tattoo
06-20-2013, 04:00 PM
thanx casey.i felt like i was in the twilight zone.lol
i met another tattoo artist through this misunderstanding though andwe will do fine , e nivek?

nivek
06-20-2013, 05:00 PM
yes sir.. and my apologies to you for my mistake.

Panos tattoo
06-22-2013, 04:19 AM
no worries mate