PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the Rotary Works

E773
12-22-2011, 04:03 AM
got a chance to use my rotary works on a few pieces and realized it works alot better as a liner, shading seem to go in a bit beaten and unsmooth. Not sure if its cause im so used to my other rotary or if the rotary works just hits realy hard. But I will say that its the only rotary ive used that actually works nice for lining. Seems to almost hit like a coil but without all the extra weight. So for that alone its definitly worth owning and will be used as my daily liner. Anybody have any ideas or techniques to try with it to smooth things out a bit? i realy WANT to like this thing haha, but hasnt grown on me yet

OwlsDen
12-22-2011, 07:29 AM
Well is it a linear or direct drive? A direct drive can have a lot of side to side wobble. With a liner the right size to tightly fit the tube you won't notice it, but with a mag you have to tighten the needle bar down real good and even then. I stick with bigger round shaders with mine so far 11-14 have worked very well for me. But all that is for a direct drive, hope that helps.

E773
12-22-2011, 12:41 PM
hmm never really thought of that, im pretty sure its linear but when i look at the nipple in motion its definitly slightly off and not going perfectly straight, so that definitly could be the problem. Il try throwing an extra rubber band on and see what happens. Thanks for the input

OwlsDen
12-22-2011, 12:44 PM
No problem. Post a pic if you can

slicksteel
12-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Try using a thick yet flexible O-ring that is not to tight but puts a steady tension on it,works much better then rubberbands or you can use the t-tech with a direct drive, swash and it will straighten it up. works for me.

peter clements
12-22-2011, 01:48 PM
I have an alluminium RW ,love it, value for money they can't be beaten. It sounds odd however that the nipple is a bit off line, mine goes as straight as a razor. If your machine is slightly faulty send it to Dale and he will more likely send you a new one, he's an absolute gentleman to deal with.

slicksteel
12-22-2011, 01:59 PM
tru peter the one i had was one of the straightest running machines i have ever seen.

MedusaTattoo
12-22-2011, 03:45 PM
I just got my RW this Monday and i my first impression was that is a very good liner but working with RW this few days i saw is performing very good
like a shader too,i was running it today with 23mag at 3.8 and it was like Peter say straight as a razor.

tugg
12-22-2011, 07:32 PM
I love the rotaryworks , I feel it can do everything and I also feel I can work quicker than other machines with give , my only gripe with the machines is i think they should have some sort of lip on the pin to stop the grommet sliding back and getting caught up. I've modified one of mine I just wished this was done already

Paulink
12-28-2011, 02:29 PM
For what it's worth I use the top hat style grommets on the two piece machines and they seem to grip where you put them, and using needlerunners get a dead straight run no problem. The one piece has a different offset with not quite enough room for the top hat on the pin and allow a straight run, but I haven't noticed any snagging of the grommet. I can't fault them for any part of the tattooing process, it's just a case of learning how to work with it.

Barren
12-28-2011, 02:55 PM
my RW was the second rotary i got i use it mainly for packing colour or throwing big mags, but have used it from time to time for 9 liners + . i think you have to be a little looser on the wrist for a nice gradient when shading . all in all an awsome machine

E773
01-04-2012, 05:52 AM
yeah its definitly a dope machine, its possible that the extra weight of it is making me run it hard, my normal shader i use is super light and i just graze the skin easier. Im not even concerned anymore cause i use it as my daily lining machine now and it works sick as hell. Im thinking an inkjecta with t-techs will be my next machine to use for shading and color. It would be nice to not have to clutter my station with machine setups

The Limey
01-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Im thinking an inkjecta with t-techs will be my next machine to use for shading and color. It would be nice to not have to clutter my station with machine setups

That's what I use for the most part now, its an awesome set up; you can have it hit super hard like a direct drive or tickle the colour in... love it!