PDA

View Full Version : digital painting: zombie hand tattoo machine

Dreviltattoo
12-23-2011, 05:42 PM
sketched out on paper, scanned it in, painted with sketchbook pro. probably around 30hrs so far. still gonna add background. i think "more brains" in bloody ink (taking suggestions as well). i have a customer lined up for the tattoo. thought i would share. please don't steal my shit.

thesmokingmirror
01-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Damn 30 hrs?!! You should use a Wacom tablet and paint in photoshop or corel painter and you'll get a quicker, better workflow

Invertedpixel
01-10-2012, 07:30 PM
I use to do a lot of digital art, it gets really frustrating when you don't have an object to show for the finished piece...plus it's not the same when you can't get your hands a little dirty.

Dreviltattoo
01-10-2012, 07:38 PM
I do use a Wacom tablet and sketchbook pro is like Corel painter on steroids. I'm not in any rush I'm doing it for fun. Keep in mind I reduced the quality to 70k to upload so the finer details are prob gone. I'm not done with it either. I was looking for constructive criticism. I think I need darker greens on the hand for more contrast. Ive been too busy tattooing to do anything else with it. Hoping to get back into it soon.

Mission Tattoo
01-10-2012, 08:23 PM
looks good the back ground some sparks and such the tube vice looks a bit like an extra finger though looks good

Alie K
01-13-2012, 01:38 AM
Instead of doing darker greens in the hand, I would consider some lighter, more yellow greens to give it a little sparkle. It needs a little warmth somewhere - I think some yellow highlights on the hand would help it.

ckjr
01-13-2012, 02:20 AM
I actually think everything is fine. A nice dark background would bring every thing more forward.

Dreviltattoo
01-16-2012, 02:21 PM
thanks guys. if i ever get a break from tattooing i'll get back into it. i've been slammed.