PDA

View Full Version : predator grips???

Frosty
12-27-2011, 08:28 PM
http://www.predatortattoogrip.com/?file=kop1.php
Saw these on Facebook on the special technique page... seems like a great idea but looks to me like there all overseas suppliers... anyone ever seen or heard of anything like this in the U.S? or have any info on em?

OwlsDen
12-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Cool idea, way to expensive I think. 1.80€ per tube. Wait till the price comes down. As for us distributors, good luck. At current exchange rate I think that is about 2.30$ per tube, then mark up for importing etc might be about 3$

Frosty
12-27-2011, 08:54 PM
ya thats a lil steep for my taste. Looks handy but the notches seem uncomfortable unless ur putting a rubber grip over it or something...

throwhammers
12-28-2011, 05:21 AM
I just tried these out. I think the idea is cool, but I found them a little uncomfortable. The grip diameter is slightly smaller than I like and the shape or texture (I'm not sure which is a better word here) was not very comfortable. The little rubber bands hold the needle securely and that part works well. They are quality tubes (as they should be for the price) with no extra little bits of plastic hanging off of them like some of the cheaper tubes. Liners and magnums fit snug in the tube with little to no side to side play. I found it difficult to see the needle with the liner tubes. Also for some reason when I rinsed them, it was tough to get all of the water back out, which I have never noticed with any other tube.
Long story short, I don't want to use them, but now I wish all my tubes had slits cut in them for rubber bands.

OwlsDen
12-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Get one piece tubes ( SS ) and cut a knotch, it would be easy. There are some plastic disposables that you can get in sterilized that can be autoclaved too. Make your own.

peter clements
12-28-2011, 07:12 AM
but now I wish all my tubes had slits cut in them for rubber bands.

You'll find Hacksaws are quite cheap;).

throwhammers
12-28-2011, 09:47 AM
hehe... would love to see the look on my client's face as I "prepare" my tubes...

slicksteel
12-28-2011, 01:27 PM
cool concept that looks like it works.

peter clements
12-28-2011, 03:07 PM
I would really like to try this system but in a steel version. If they don't do it someone else will surely copy very soon.

BillBill Webbz
01-01-2012, 09:44 PM
these tubes are a waste of time and money.... when it comes to disposable i think even tatsoul are crazy with thier prices! call be dumb but id rather stick with kingpins blue ones! why waste all that money on something that is all the same,.. and u just chuck them in the trash after? tru tubes are cool,... but come on man its a normal metal tip that dosnt oxidize because its never ran threw an autoclave.

OwlsDen
01-01-2012, 10:48 PM
I think I may just try a DIY approach to this. I was thinking you could notch a straight cut directly bellow the grip on the tip. File it smooth and be careful to deburr the inside. Then run a small o-ring around the tube and thru the notch. This would hold the needle down pretty secure. Granted that is an extra o-ring per set up, but this could be done on plastic or metal tubes. What do you all think?

peter clements
01-02-2012, 10:18 AM
I think I may just try a DIY approach to this. I was thinking you could notch a straight cut directly bellow the grip on the tip. File it smooth and be careful to deburr the inside. Then run a small o-ring around the tube and thru the notch. This would hold the needle down pretty secure. Granted that is an extra o-ring per set up, but this could be done on plastic or metal tubes. What do you all think?

I think you should try it and report back, remember to take pictures.

slicksteel
01-02-2012, 10:54 AM
I say try it and keep us posted!:cool:

The Limey
01-02-2012, 12:19 PM

I'd rather shell out a few bucks on some of the originals and see how they work before bastardizing regular tubes as they are probably going to be a bit like needle runners i.e. you either love them or hate them.

OwlsDen
01-02-2012, 01:25 PM
I have a few tubes that I don't use anymore as I kind of hate rounds. So I won't mis a round if I mess one up.

OwlsDen
01-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Update, ss tip + hacksaw = good luck! I am going to have to pick up a cut off blade for a dremel and try that. Hand sawing is only going to make a mess.

vsprotoss
01-28-2012, 06:16 PM
I had a sample of these tubes. They are not very good. Good concept but a lot of excess plastic.

OwlsDen
01-28-2012, 06:27 PM
I still need to give this a DIY try. Hmm maybe tomorrow.