PDA

View Full Version : Camline tattoo systems! wanted one of these for years!

slicksteel
12-17-2010, 06:54 PM
"The CAMLINE Machine is powered by a 5 pole Samarium cobalt motor rated at 1/16 horsepower that makes this rotary more powerful than any coil machine." I had seen these over 7 years ago but rotary were not popular then so the company kept small.Think its a great concept i would love to try out.They come in stainless, aluminim and black polymer.2 1/2 to 6 ounces dependeing on model got their catalog today and looks like they got some nice products.

The Limey
12-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Have you checked their needle and needle bar prices yet Michael?

rjdadio
12-17-2010, 09:24 PM
i didn't konw that Camline was still around. They go back more than 10 years. The pen type tool is a standard in permanent cosmetics, and like others, the consumables are proprietory and much more expensive than normal tattoo supplies. I met the inventor about 6 years ago at a SPCP convention...if I remember, he was from the south....one of the Carolinas.
Neat product and very well built machine, but the supplies....

slicksteel
12-18-2010, 12:26 AM
Yea i just got a catalog form them today and have been talking to them about thier prices on the needle setup and the fact that they have only up to 7mags, 8 rounds and 7 liner with matching tips i also talked about it would be nice to have at least 5/8 barrels. Here is some of the latest specs they sent me.......
The difference between the Camline Professional machine and the Ultralite machine is this.

1. The professional machine is made of an aircraft aluminum motor body with a stainless steel off set adapter. The off set adapter can be removed from the motor body to make it easier to clean the cam well if need be. A fully assembled machine weighs almost 6oz. (5.9 oz). It also has a very powerful motor in it that will run up to speeds of 11,000 strokes per minute.

2. The Ultralite machine is made of an durable aerospace polymer plastic. The motor body and off set adapter are machined in one piece. A fully assembled machine weighs about 4 oz (4.1 oz). The standard motor can run up to speeds of 7,500 strokes per minute.

3. Yes, we can offer you a discount on a bulk needle order. However, we very seldom run into anyone that would want to buy more the 50 assembled needle bars at one time. Most tattoo artist normally like to have the needle bars and solder their own needle groups on them with the needle jig.

Here is a little more information for you. Not only are all our machines very light and powerful and deliver a very fast needle pulsation, they also have no vibration produced by the machine in your hand which makes the machine very precise with a very high level of needle control for the accuracy required to do fine art work. In the real world no one should ever need to run any of these machines at top speed but the power is there in case you ever need it. There are only two adjustments on a Camline machine. They are the amount of needle hangout you want passed the tip and the speed that you want to run the machine at. There are no tools required to assemble or adjust the machine. All our tattoo systems have been engineered and designed to deliver the maximum amount of accuracy and comfort for the artist as much as possible. All Camline machines, power supplies and related parts are made here in the USA. The are no cheap foreign parts in our tattoo systems.

slicksteel
12-18-2010, 12:31 AM
Hey ray how about offering a skeltonized version of the neotat i do have the x model and realy like it but i find i need things light do to wrist damage.Also maybe a guide/design that you would not have to take apart and lube.

Alie K
12-18-2010, 01:44 AM
Wow, Michael - you must have some really bad wrist problems. I find the Neotats way lighter than a lot of my coils. If they are still too heavy for you, that's not good!

rjdadio
12-18-2010, 03:27 AM
Hey Michael, I've thought about milling the machines out, but it kinda loses what I was doing in the first place....the enclosed easy to keep clean thing. So I'm going to let a little secret out of the bag....I've been working on a couple new machine designs.

I have been listening to all of you, from tattoo artists to permanent cosmetic techs and nurses, and I see where some want lighter machines, so I'm curently working on it .... a whole new thing..... plus I have a totaly new drive mechanisim that will have that "magical give" built in to it.
along with other perks with the second machine.

I'm sticking with the enclosed machines while using standard consumables and power supplies......it's just my thing.....don't u know

Both approaches are new to tattooing....I think, at least I have not seen anything like them so far.....at least not till after I put em out there.

So my simple statement is:

....I gotta stay ahead of the pack .... you know, when they copy what I have on tap now...they, "don't have a clue" what I'm brewing in the background.

I will keep you guys informed....when I'm happy with the progress.....and tested the hell out of them too.

And another thing......I think of you guys and gals as Tattoo Artists, not just tattooers

-Ray

gangstajay
12-18-2010, 04:08 AM
that good shit ray...was nice speaking to you today, learned alot.. so what ever you make I know it will be top notch

The Limey
12-18-2010, 05:01 AM
Looking forward to seeing what you have planned Ray!

slicksteel
12-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Cool ray i do hope you will still make the regular neos thoe as some techniques are done better with a bit of weight and no give to the needles.I realy do like the solid clean look to thoe- easy to wipe down, milled out one would be a bitch to clean.

rjdadio
12-18-2010, 01:30 PM
You bet I will keep the original.....anyways, the new ones will be enclosed and clean as well. One will be very similar and the other is different.

When it's smooth and enclosed, you know it's a NeoTat!