PDA

View Full Version : Any one use aprons?

thesmokingmirror
01-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Wondering if any of you chaps know of any good options for aprons or something else that provides some sort of barrier. A friend suggested leather as its a wipe able surface and I found some disposable ones but those don't seem very appealing.

OwlsDen
01-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Butchers aprons are heavy rubber and clave able. I have never used one myself as they look heavy. Normal bakers white ones would be good but they are cloth. Although again clave able.

ckjr
01-08-2012, 07:34 PM
I don't personally use them, but a friend of mine uses disposable ones he gets here in town. There is also a guy here that makes custom ones for salons and tattoo artist. He sews clear plastic with any design or silk screen under it. He also upholsters armrest and chairs in the same way. I'll try to get the info on both of them and post it.

thesmokingmirror
01-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Didnt know you could clave cloth, thanks for that info. Those plastic ones seem like they can be pretty cool

OwlsDen
01-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Most calves have a textile setting, I know mine does. Typically it is a lower setting, much like the plastic setting on some models. Doctors scrubs get autoclaved for example.

DavidEngbaek
01-08-2012, 11:27 PM
i use the ones from eikon...they seem ok...saves me from getting beat up by my GF..she hates it when i get ink on my clothes....

Alie K
01-09-2012, 01:22 AM
Usually the only place I've ever gotten ink on myself while tattooing (except in the rare instance of ink bottle mishaps) is on my legs. I just tear a dental bib in half, and tape each half over my thighs and throw the pieces away when I'm done working. I like it better than plastic, because a droplet won't run down it and get somewhere else, or I don't get that icky feeling of re-using it and wondering if it's actually sanitary or not as I go from client to client.

DavidEngbaek
01-09-2012, 11:52 AM
i use the disposables...they are so cheap..theres seriously no reason not to have them

Cyberitual
01-09-2012, 01:14 PM
There you go, designer or custom deposable and or clavable aprons. I'm suprised ed hardy doesn't have a line.

DavidEngbaek
01-09-2012, 03:00 PM
haha if you've ever seen the ones from Eikon....its like some one had blue garbage bag and cut out an apron shape...cheap cheap...but functional

Barren
01-09-2012, 03:50 PM
i use a black pvc apron got it from a hairdressers supply, you have to get one thats fully pvc tho no fabric ties or neck strap , a good clean with trigene obviously

MedusaTattoo
01-09-2012, 04:34 PM
i tried the the blk pvc years ago is good for the winter keep u warm but in the summer u will need P H for the ruses on the asses.
Better solution single use is not the nicest but is doing the job (Exam Table Roll Tissue/Poly White, Blue)and masking tape 6-10$ the roll
i use the same for my working Station two..

Happy wife Happy life

Mr.Taboo
01-10-2012, 10:54 AM
I usually take one of our 40X48 table drapes and cut it in half so its 40X24 and tuck it into my waist so it covers me from waist to little past my knees.
Then just throw it out when I'm done.
Though if your lookin' for a full apron you could probably get disposables cheap from a restaurant supply place I'd imagine.

OwlsDen
01-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Also check doctors supply for a surgeon's apron.

http://www.rmfscrubswholesale.com/home.php?cat=101

And cheap I might add. I think most are either bleach able or clave able.

ckjr
01-10-2012, 04:23 PM
http://deadmanstattoo.com/ this is the link where my friend gets the disposables.

Invertedpixel
01-10-2012, 07:25 PM
I use disposable aprons sometimes. Mostly just so my GF won't freak out over getting ink on my jeans...

spoonertattoos
01-10-2012, 11:46 PM
yeah I use the plastic desposible ones too. 100 in a box, I get em at smart and final for 10 or 15 bucks I think. I feel naked tattooing with out one now. And I feel safe about it when I come home and my kid hugs my legs.