PDA

View Full Version : Hawk Spirit Maintenance ?? Power up to start ?

tamorogaa
01-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Hey Guys
Looked around a bit and i don`t seemed to find something about this problem...

My Spirit seems, as time goes, needs move voltage to start, and sometimes doesn`t start at lower voltage [7-9V] at all if i don`t undo the cartrige head to give it a clean start without it.. i expect to be a lubing problem in joint next to the motor, but they say not to put anything there .. Does anybody have something similar ? if i sould lube that joint any sugestions on what i should put on ? never oppened that chamber...

if there is already a tread about it can u please put a link ?

DavidEngbaek
01-14-2012, 11:19 AM
i only have that problem with Cheyenne Cartridges, not with TTech...with my Spirit....no problems with Original

tamorogaa
01-14-2012, 11:22 AM
i use ttech : ( and still have it, but just in the last 1-2 months..machine seems more lazy now ..used to line at around 7-8V now i need 9-10 suddenly..

DavidEngbaek
01-14-2012, 11:36 AM
i usualy line around 11 volts anyways so that doesnt tell me it slow...but in generall i find it weaker than the original..and it supposed to have a better motor
ive read a couple of reviews on the new THUNDER i'll probably pick one of those up.

slicksteel
01-14-2012, 02:51 PM
They just made a new cord to deal with the voltage problem-it helps kickstart it at low volts-unimax has it for sell.

DavidEngbaek
01-14-2012, 04:48 PM
i was kinda wondering about a crappy cord...i'm using the one that came with mine...thin as dental floss..not quite..but thin..lol
i bought one from TheSource/Radio Shack for my old Hawk.. might go buy another...
ultimately i'd love to convert mt Spirit to an RCA..i started undoing the set screw the other day...it looks like it would be pretty easy, but i chickened out