PDA

View Full Version : My Dan Kubin Mini Cranker.

peter clements
01-14-2012, 05:01 PM
It arrived yesterday, this is it.............http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2885860076307&set=at.1662093042896.91865.1554319302.1427234977&type=1&theater
It has 4mm stroke and today I used it for line on 2 Tattoos, 3 needle and a 5 needle. What can I say-it's gorgeous to use ,I have never been so satisfied with a machine on the first day of use. It's light and really well balanced and so devoid of sound and vibration,totally unagressive, yet lovely effortless one pass lines. I can't wait for a situation where I need a really big line, i.e 14s as the machine is renowned for even making that effortless. The other thing was that both of my clients have had much previous Tattooing from me, and both commented this was the most comfortable lining they had felt.
There are many fine crank style rotaries out there, but Dan has some how just found a totally winning formula with this machine.
Dan-a big thank you to you mate, marks out of 10? 10 and I'm being honest.

Bishopbyname
01-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Man alive! I was looking forward to my Mini Cranker arriving but now i'm virtually salivating! ;)

OwlsDen
01-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Oh it kills me that everyday I want another machine. I need to win the lottery so I can have two of each.

Deakon
01-14-2012, 07:23 PM
How much are they Peter? I'm interested in trying one out.

peter clements
01-14-2012, 08:16 PM
How much are they Peter? I'm interested in trying one out.

They're $350-70 plus shipping, the little bit extra is if you want a specific two tone finish. If you go here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1662093042896.91865.1554319302&type=3 you'll see many of the finish options available, in fact you'll find it hard to choose.

Dan Kubin
01-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Peter!
They start at $350, add $25 for powdercoated fittings, and $20 for RCA.

Bishopbyname
01-15-2012, 12:16 PM
They start at $350, add $25 for powdercoated fittings, and $20 for RCA.

Sorry Dan i didn't realise there was an RCA option, i would've bought that model from you instead.

Gabetexas
01-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Cant wait! Im totally saving up for one, now the nly hard part is what color! Im partial to the metal flake.

Zapp
01-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Normaly i hate to order outside from europe,because of all the customs hassle but i think we found a good way :-)
I orderd one today an i really cant wait :-)

C.Anthon
01-15-2012, 09:12 PM
once you try one of Dan's mini crankers you'll never touch another rotary. I've got two now (thrid coming next week), and I haven't touched anything else since. Every friend I've lent it to/told about it has ordered one and has the same response. Dan did the smart thing I think rotary builders were missing, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel with every new machine, he just took an existing tried design and made an amazing version of it. It's like any good coil machine builder, they don't try and break the mold and make some revolutionary new design, just make great versions of tried and true designs. I'm done trying new rotaries, after owning almost everyone out there, I am fully content on the Kubins now, and will not be buying any other rotaries. Selling off all my other rotaries now!

peter clements
01-16-2012, 08:01 AM
Yes, I'll be ordering more too. Dan has deffinitly hit the jackpot in all departments with this machine,and on top of everything the aesthetics are great,that matte black on my machine looks swell. I'm going to give it a run on some magnum work this week :)

Denner
01-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Any one using the machine with the T-Tech catridge system ?

I am very interested in this machine but I am using T-Tech exclusivly and was hoping to get some feedback on the Dan Kubin / T-Tech combo before buying :)

Bishopbyname
01-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Got mine today. Must say it's f***ing gorgeous! Awesome craftsmanship, can't wait to use it tomorrow! :D

Baldrick
01-23-2012, 02:50 PM
More high praise for Dans machines - makes me feel glad I just ordered mine today - its one machine I'm so looking forward to arriving.

Can I ask all you guys that have the mini crankers what your using them for mainly , lining or shading? And what needle groupings your pushing.

I have a whole bunch of new school tattoos coming in soon and can't wait to start lining with larger liners when it arrives

once you try one of Dan's mini crankers you'll never touch another rotary. I've got two now (thrid coming next week), and I haven't touched anything else since. Every friend I've lent it to/told about it has ordered one and has the same response. Dan did the smart thing I think rotary builders were missing, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel with every new machine, he just took an existing tried design and made an amazing version of it. It's like any good coil machine builder, they don't try and break the mold and make some revolutionary new design, just make great versions of tried and true designs. I'm done trying new rotaries, after owning almost everyone out there, I am fully content on the Kubins now, and will not be buying any other rotaries. Selling off all my other rotaries now!

C.Anthon
01-25-2012, 02:40 AM
THere's a reason you don't see any of Dan's machines in the classifieds section here, people that try them general buy MORE of them, my third is shipping next week!

More high praise for Dans machines - makes me feel glad I just ordered mine today - its one machine I'm so looking forward to arriving.

Can I ask all you guys that have the mini crankers what your using them for mainly , lining or shading? And what needle groupings your pushing.

I have a whole bunch of new school tattoos coming in soon and can't wait to start lining with larger liners when it arrives

Sekt
01-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Anyone have experience of Dan Kubin and German evolution? no comparison by the feedback here...

Bishopbyname
01-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Anyone have experience of Dan Kubin and German evolution? no comparison by the feedback here...

Dan's Mini Cranker wins hands down. It's available in RCA or clipcord, looks much better, works much better. No contest.

Administrator
01-25-2012, 05:12 PM

Kinda different animals, both with good reviews. However Dan has seen a landslide increase in popularity with his machine and it is more user friendly out of the box.

Sekt
01-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Ty Men, the evolution is not exactly a beginners machine, but a vry good machine none the less, although it looks basic. Mind you, Kubins machine is over twice the price.

GregM
01-27-2012, 09:06 PM
They start at $350, add $25 for powdercoated fittings, and $20 for RCA.hey Dan,how long of a wait is it to get one?

Dan Kubin
01-27-2012, 10:20 PM
hey Dan,how long of a wait is it to get one?
Hi Greg, Right now as of Jan 27, I can have one made in 2 weeks.. I have been getting a ton of orders lately, so it may be a bit longer in the future.
I just cut down my days tattooing to keep up.

GregM
01-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Hi Greg, Right now as of Jan 27, I can have one made in 2 weeks.. I have been getting a ton of orders lately, so it may be a bit longer in the future.
I just cut down my days tattooing to keep up.Thanks for the response Dan,I'm definitly gonna order one very soon!like within a week or so..with all the cool powder coating you do i'm having trouble narrowing it down to my top 3 choices..lol..I love them ALL!!

Dan Kubin
01-28-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the response Dan,I'm definitly gonna order one very soon!like within a week or so..with all the cool powder coating you do i'm having trouble narrowing it down to my top 3 choices..lol..I love them ALL!!

Well Greg, you could always give me your top 3 choices, and let me decide :)

smiley
06-14-2012, 09:48 PM
anyone know what motors dan uses in his mini crankers i really like these