PDA

View Full Version : Loading pictures from iPad or mobile

Baldrick
01-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Ive tried and failed to get photos to upload from both iPad and iPhone but in the manage attachments section the browse images buttons just grey out so you can't select them, is it just because there Mac products or dosent the site support "mobile" uploads ?

Just wondering, if I'm doing things wrong ? Would make things easier for me :)

OwlsDen
01-19-2012, 03:31 PM
I think your best bet is to use Flickr or picassa and then embed the image as a URL as there is the option for URL via the upload function. Hope that helps.

Administrator
01-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Working on getting a good mobile option installed on here for you guys. There is Tapatalk and the vBulletin mobile suite. I am doing a little resaerch on both. Currently tapatalk would cost you about 3$ to install on your mobile device and I think its free to put on the forum. the vBulletin mobile suite is about 200$ for us to instal on the forum and then free to you. If its worth it spending the money on our end is what we will do but at this point the forum's bills are all paid out of Alie's pocket.

In the mean time if you want an easy way to do it post the image to tinypic and then use the upload to forum tag they give you it will have the UBB code or square brackets. Makes it real easy.

the mobile version of the site will be tied in with the new skin that will come in the next few months. Its gonna cost a little to have someone make it but I have seen samples of this guys work on re skinning multiple automotive forums and its killer!

OwlsDen
01-19-2012, 04:07 PM
If you decide to go the 200$ route so it would be free to the rest. I would say to start a PayPal fund to pay for it. I would put in 5$ or so. I imagine quite a few of the daily users might. I'd imagine a good number of members use either an iPhone or android phone.

Roman HM tattoomachines
01-19-2012, 04:10 PM
I think that is a good idea! Im in on it Also!
Roman

Administrator
01-19-2012, 04:27 PM
If you decide to go the 200$ route so it would be free to the rest. I would say to start a PayPal fund to pay for it. I would put in 5$ or so. I imagine quite a few of the daily users might. I'd imagine a good number of members use either an iPhone or android phone.

Tapatalk works pretty well I have used it and its well supported. It strips the forum down to basic big buttons. Makes it load really fast on a phone. I will talk to the guy who runs our hosting to see if I can get it installed on the server.

wildboy
01-19-2012, 04:31 PM
You should open a thread for collecting money for the new skin as well I guess most of us would give a couple of bucks since we spend so much time on here...

Administrator
01-19-2012, 05:24 PM
We tried to be sublte about it with selling shirts, check my signature for details. ;)
Sold probably 10 on the forum? have mostly XL and double XL left now.

Roman HM tattoomachines
01-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Ill get a few shirts!!

G.Graves
01-20-2012, 04:07 AM
I've used taptalk and it works awesome! I would be down to put money on the Paypal:)